hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Alabanza & Real Server installation (2nd try)

Forum Jump

Alabanza & Real Server installation (2nd try)

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2000, 07:37 AM
Junior Guru

Hello Alabanza Hosters,

after getting 0 responds in the software forum, I try here too:

can someone provide me with exact instructions how to install the Real Audio Video Basic Server?

I did follow all steps described but a) the software doesn't recognize the license key and b) after installation it won't play the samples.

Any advice?

kosmo

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2000, 04:37 PM
Texas Female

kosmo? have you checked the knowledge base alabanza provides? just wasn't sure if you had??
You might just need to send a support ticket to alabanza on this one.

Old 09-03-2000, 04:51 PM
Junior Guru

Hello Martie,

yes I did check the knowledge base. I followed the steps described but no success. I emailed Alabanza support but they can't help since they don't support this product.

Maybe you can help with this: The setup applications should be moved to /usr/local/pnserver.

Where should the files be installed when running the installer? Into /usr/local/pnserver too, right? Or do I have to create another directory? If yes: what should be the name?

Second: Is the pnserver port 7080 working? The default is 7070 but the knowledgebase says, it should be altered to 7080.

Everything done as described above, the admin runs (and the real server processes too) but the sampes won't play.

Did anyone install it successfully?

kosmo

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2000, 09:02 PM
Web Hosting Master

Yes, we installed it successfully.

All the files for the app should be in /usr/local/pnserver, and set up on port 7080, as recommended. None of the samples would play when we installed it, either, and of course the graphing for CPU would not work since that was designed for NT machines - but the server itself does serve up Real content without a problem.

Old 09-05-2000, 02:27 AM
Junior Guru

Aha, thanks Annette, this may help me further.

kosmo

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Hivelocity Offers Customers Free Cloud Storage Web Hosting News 2014-01-13 15:16:53
Anturis Offers Perceptive Server Monitoring with cPanel/WHM Plugin Web Hosting News 2013-10-04 11:10:43
Quality Technology Services Offers Free Installation of Data Center Panels Web Hosting News 2013-01-30 14:47:05
NetHosting Improves Security, Performance with Updated Cloud Hosting Solutions Web Hosting News 2012-08-30 13:49:41
MochaHost Enhances Server Performance with Tomcat Native Library Accelerator Web Hosting News 2012-08-01 15:35:20