hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : I'm new at this. And confused too! Please help ? ? ?

Forum Jump

I'm new at this. And confused too! Please help ? ? ?

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2003, 03:26 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Smile

I'm new at this. And confused too! Please help ? ? ?

Hey all! I just registered the domain name acornhomedesign.com at GoDaddy.com. I currently own Funky-Love.com which is hosted with 1 Gb of space that I purchased from ************.com. I'm planning on using that space for the new domain name, but I'm not sure how to direct it to that space. (Yes I'm definitely a newbie at all of this.) Any tips would be highly appreciated, and if you have any questions in case I haven't given enough information, do ask!

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2003, 08:58 AM
iNET Senior Community Advisor

Does your current host allow multiple domains on your account?

Have you contacted them and asked what to do?

Old 08-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hosts generally base their business model on individual domain accounts. Support your host and sign up for another account with them for the new domain.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2003, 09:16 AM
Tells All!

However if you wish to CHANGE the domain on the space from Funky-Love.com to acornhomedesign.com You will need to send an e-mail to your webhost requesting that they change the domain on your account to acornhomedesign.com and that they supply you with the nameservers for changing it.
However you could also ask your host to put an addon domain onto your account, and then ask for their nameservers and change your domain to resolve to them.

Old 08-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Retired Moderator

this is something you should email your host about. Unless someone else uses ************.com. If you plan on using multiple domains I would recommend a place that allows quite a few. In most of those cases you just point it at your nameservers and add it into your account (or have your host add it).
Another thing you can do to use that same webspace is a frame forward. Just point it at some page on your previous domain's hosting like olddomain.com/newdomain/index.html.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

thanks for all of the replies! I think I'm going to try to figure it all out with my host. And yes, my plan allows more than one domain. :-D Thank you again!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Hulk Hogan Takes Down Web Hosting Mascots in New Hostamania Video Web Hosting News 2013-11-25 15:24:10
Communicating 21st-Century Hosting Terms to 20th-Century Clients Blog 2014-04-24 13:27:34
Go Daddy Withdraws New gTLD Applications to Focus on Registry Relationships Web Hosting News 2013-03-06 16:13:45
Disruption and Opportunities in this New Era, with Tod Nielsen Web Hosting News 2013-02-05 15:43:57
How the President Crashed Reddit, and How Hosts Can Help Customers Handle Traffic Spikes Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:41:03