Name.com is trying to steal my domain

Name.com suspended my domain newmail.com allegedly for "phishing activity and violations of their Registration Agreement".
    The domain was parked at Sedo and had a few email accounts at Google Suite.
    Name.com sent to warnings, gave no time to fix problems (if there were any), not responding to emails.
    If anyone finds newmail.com for sale on aftermarket, know - it was stolen by Name.com

Doesn't look like its for sale. Doesn't expire until 4-25-19. Have you tried to call them +1 720-249-2374?

Quote Originally Posted by maxbln View Post
    Name.com suspended my domain newmail.com allegedly for "phishing activity and violations of their Registration Agreement".
    The domain was parked at Sedo and had a few email accounts at Google Suite.
    Name.com sent to warnings, gave no time to fix problems (if there were any), not responding to emails.
    If anyone finds newmail.com for sale on aftermarket, know - it was stolen by Name.com
    You can contact ICANN regarding this issue. below linked article may helpful for you
    https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2007-03-06-en

Quote Originally Posted by wansec-gregg View Post
    Have you tried to call them +1 720-249-2374?
    Their phone support is a voice interface to FAQ section of their website. Few years ago I had an issue with unauthorized domain transfer and called them just to hear that I would need to send an email to the compliance department.

It took 4 (four!) days for customer service to respond to my email. As expected they just forwarded me to another so-called department.

Thank you for contacting Name.com. This domain was closed by our abuse department. Our general customer service department cannot assist you with this, you will need to speak with our abuse department by emailing abuse@name.com. They will respond to your inquiries if needed once they have fully reviewed your issue. Please let us know if you have any other issues.

The domain status looks OK for me, I guess this case has been taken care of by Name.com abuse department?

Quote Originally Posted by Luoe View Post
    The domain status looks OK for me, I guess this case has been taken care of by Name.com abuse department?
    I'm unsure whether their decision to release the domain was influenced by my complaints to BBB and ICANN, but I'm happy about the outcome - my domain is no longer held hostage.
    Eventually, after 5 days, I received a response from their abuse department, which is worth sharing:

Thank you for your follow up, the hosting suspension is permanent due to the nature of complaints Name.com received.
    I stressed the word 'hosting' because I have never had hosting services with them.
    It appears that they received received multiple complaints whose "nature", for some reason, they prefer keeping secret. Even if they had really received those complaints, wouldn't it be common sense to issue a warning before taking action against me?

The transfer of the domain newmail.com has been approved and the domain should show up in your new Registrars account in the near future. If there are any other domains you have transfers pending for, please respond with a full list, Name.com is happy to expedite the transfer of those domains at that time.
    This is about their attitude. I've had dozens domains in my account since 2011 and I've paid them $6512 during that time, and that's what I deserved - they are happy to get rid of me as their customer.

Transfer it

If they are showing problems, I would probably just transfer the domain to another provider.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ucswebhosting View Post
    If they are showing problems, I would probably just transfer the domain to another provider.

Good luck
    I initiated transfer the same day they sent me a suspension notice.
    The purpose of starting this thread was to show how some registrars steal domains. They suspend it or use other means to get a domain owner off and then just wait for the domain to expire in order to silently transfer ownership.

You claim does not seem authentic. How can a reputed business do this for one single domain without any justified reason? How they can risk their whole buisness and clientage for one domain? What do you think your domail will be solf off for around $1M? I believe there must definitely be some valid suspecion behind.

I also cannot agree with your claim.
    Name.com has been around for years and they have a good reputation. I bet they wouldn't jeopardize that by stealing your domain name.

Can you share with us what is the response from their side at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by boxobsessed View Post
    I also cannot agree with your claim.
    Name.com has been around for years and they have a good reputation. I bet they wouldn't jeopardize that by stealing your domain name.

Can you share with us what is the response from their side at the end?
    This is exactly what they responded with:

"Thank you for your follow up, the hosting suspension is permanent due to the nature of complaints Name.com received. The transfer of the domain newmail.com has been approved and the domain should show up in your new Registrars account in the near future. If there are any other domains you have transfers pending for, please respond with a full list, Name.com is happy to expedite the transfer of those domains at that time.
    Thank you,
    Name.com Abuse"
    Since then I have received number of (automated) emails from them regarding mass transfer-out. My responses were left unanswered and the conversation ended like this:

Name.com: My name is Amy, I am an Account Manager of Name.com. I have noticed that you are transferring quite a few domains away. We certainly don't want to see you go, so I wanted to reach out to see if there's anything I can do to help. If you could share a few details about why you've decided to transfer, we may see if we can work out a solution.

Me: Oh, really? I wish I had seen such an attitude when one of my domains was suspended for no reason - neither abuse or general support could provide a meaningful response to my ticket #1476672.
    If you are really working on improving your service then you are ought to explain why you made me move elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mazmalik View Post
    You claim does not seem authentic. How can a reputed business do this for one single domain without any justified reason? How they can risk their whole buisness and clientage for one domain? What do you think your domail will be solf off for around $1M? I believe there must definitely be some valid suspecion behind.
    15 years ago I lost ********.com the same way: 007names (iirc named differently at that time) suspended it, ignored complaints, and recently launched a self-operated website on it.