Hosting setup and security

Hi there

I have two WHM VPSs in different configurations and the host centers' staff has different opinions on PHP account security.

One is configured with suPHP (5.6 and 7.0) and running FPM and the other is set up with ea-php56 [cgi], ea-php70 [dso], mod_ruid2 and no FPM.

Both think their setup is the fastest one with the best security settings in mind.

I am a bit at a loss since that's not my expertise.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Mark

I would never use dso and you should get rid of it asap.

php-fpm is fine but if you can put cloudlinux on top of it, use lsphp as this is better for php handler on any configurations you mentioned.

Then there is Apache for optimization.

Best to get someone who are expert on this. Good hardware is useless without proper software optimization.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Thats what I am hoping to find here - expert opinions
    Both VPSs are managed and support so far has been good with both - but on this one they don't see eye-to-eye.

One is a KVM and was thinking about CloudLinux but am a bit scared of something bad happening during the changeover and then having a bunch of people without hosting and the other one is OpenVZ.
    Definitely thinking about putting CloudLinux (with CageFS and lsphp) on the next one at setup time.