Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thank you
    do you think Google domains is safe ?
    I mean do u think it is good and nobody can send false complaint to destroy the domain ? because I thinking about move there

Quote Originally Posted by Goviphosting View Post
    Transferring domain name is very simple,

1. 1st you find new domain registration company and unlock, remove theft protection and obtain domain auth key from your current registrar.
    2. Go to your new New Domain Registrar "Domain transfer" page (all domain registrar has a separate section for domain transfers.)
    3. Once your on the domain transfer page, its easy, just follow the instruction.
    4. You will have to pay a one year domain transfer fee which will be added to you domain (anything between $9.00 - $15) for a .com, .net . org
    5. You will have to use the domain authorization key provided by your current registrar and use it on the new domain registrar site
    6. And submit the domain transfer request , and you will have to approve few email verifications.
    7. And finally You will have to wait 5 days for the domain transfer to be completed. You will get notification when its done

That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursa-musculus View Post
    Threads merged
    Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    That's the first time I've seen that kind of limitation, typically SQL limits are limited by concurrent connections per second, queries per hour is a new one. A modern CSM and a few poorly coded plugins could exhaust this building a single page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aractus View Post
    I saw her site and I'm 90% sure she wouldn't be in breach of IMVU's trademark - although the US is pretty strict on trademarks. IMVUMAFIAS has been allowed to operate for a very long time. You can trademark numbers, Levi's owns the trademark for 501 (link) for example.
    they don't have registered trademark
    I searched over Internet I found only that they could register their logo image it self but the word IMVU it self they couldn't register it
    the funny here is when they complaint me to dumb people at ipage.com they said in their false complaint my website is phishing site and they worry their users think they are the same site and type their password there
    wtf how the hell opencart can be like their website it is impossible
    even if someone blind won't think they are the same website

Quote Originally Posted by cloudmate View Post
    Looks like iPage caves into all take down requests - your domain name ironically doesn't sound like its designing 3D animation lol.

https://trademarks.justia.com/771/10/imvu-77110078.html
    their trademark is for the logo design not for the word "imvu" it self
    the funny is when they complaint me to dumb people at ipage.com they said that my website is phishing site and it is the same as their website and they worry their users type their password there !!!!
    how the hell opencart can be like their website
    it is very stupid , I think even someone blind won't type his password there because they don't look the same in shape or form anyway

Actually the word itself is trademarked (along with the logo in plain typeface). However that doesn't mean you would be in breach of their trademark, and as previously mentioned IMVU Mafias has been allowed to operate for many years.

cheap providers get paid 1 $ per month to host your content..
    They also according to Term and conditions reserve the right to remove your account in case of complaints.

for 1$ a month no one has time to check if the complaints are real and actually get involved in moderating this problems, instead they choose to let you go to a diffrent provider..

They do the right thing as their business model is not tolerant to this type of problems.

I suggest get a more expensive hosting who actually gets paid enough money to spend time and moderate your problem.

The easiest, quickest and overall best solution is to leave iPage/EIG and move to a true provider.

Quote Originally Posted by isaia_p View Post
    cheap providers get paid 1 $ per month to host your content..
    They also according to Term and conditions reserve the right to remove your account in case of complaints.

for 1$ a month no one has time to check if the complaints are real and actually get involved in moderating this problems, instead they choose to let you go to a diffrent provider..
    1. iPage isn't that cheap, 2. she bought the domain, hosting, and a SSL cert - they already had much more profit than just the hosting price.

Thanks guys
    I transferred to different provider and bought private server too
    I don't advise anyone use ipage.com they didn't accept to give me my SSL keys and they ignored me

As I pointed out, on ICANN's website it says they CAN refuse to transfer a domain within 60 days of registration, but they don't have to. That is to say they can let you transfer it.

https://www.icann.org/resources/page...-2017-10-10-en

The main thing you should be doing is finding another host, ideally one with whitelabelled nameservers to make it difficult to identify the host, that way trolls that are trying to hurt your domain will have to contact you and not your host. Most hosts that offer whitelabelled nameservers require you to get at minimum reseller hosting, but it won't hurt to ask any hosts you're considering in advance if they have whitelabelled nameservers. And ideally start looking at providers actually recommended by users here on WHT.
    This is the first time I'm hearing about white labeling a nameserver.

Do you have to pay extra for this?

Can this be in place of buying extra IPs to seperate domains, or does it just hide the hoster's name?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WeDeserveHealth View Post

Can this be in place of buying extra IPs to seperate domains, or does it just hide the hoster's name?

Thanks
    basically you set your own nameservers on your own domain and redirect them to the dns of the host. you would need a dedicated IP from the host preferably 2 for ns1 and ns2. yes the IPs cost a bit more but not much.
    not all hosts allow or.provide this.
    and yes basically you're hiding the real host and it shows as if you're hosting your own servers.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasCarter View Post
    basically you set your own nameservers on your own domain and redirect them to the dns of the host. you would need a dedicated IP from the host preferably 2 for ns1 and ns2. yes the IPs cost a bit more but not much.
    not all hosts allow or.provide this.
    and yes basically you're hiding the real host and it shows as if you're hosting your own servers.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
    I didn't understand your last sentence.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    I just mean where the host provides an un-branded generic nameservers. Many do this particularly for reseller, some also for shared.

I didn't understand your last sentence.

Thanks for the info.
    It’s just the sent from my “phone-model” using Tapatalk thing in his home language.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

I saw her site and I'm 90% sure she wouldn't be in breach of IMVU's trademark - although the US is pretty strict on trademarks. IMVUMAFIAS has been allowed to operate for years.
    Founder and former owner of The IMVU Mafias here. This thread started showing up in google search results for our site, so I figured I would throw in my 2 cents. We received permission and support from IMVU staff to setup our site back in 2007. Granted, they tried to have us shut down in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018. About every 2 years they cast a wide net and try to have every site with imvu in the domain shut down, even if they gave you permssion to setup and have been operating for years. If you manage to prove you have the rights and permissions to use imvu in your domain, their next action is usually to file false phishing and malware complaints against your site till your host and domain prover caves. The IMVU corporation is ruthless and deceptive ... willing to do and say anything no matter how untrue ... just to keep others from not using those 4 little letter "imvu". Even if they give you permission to setup, do not trust them. A deal with imvu inc is not a deal you can trust. They can and will stab you in the back. In our experience, your best bet is to use dedicated hosting in multiple oversea countries and make backups of your content daily. Upgrade to newer servers every couple of years.

So just like Nintendo. Thanks for chipping in, although note I *really* have no interest in IMVU or your site or the OP's beyond the basic question about whether it was taken down improperly, which I think was the case. I've always found name.com very reliable, so this incident is disappointing.

It'd actually be great if name.com would come and share their own thoughts - even if they just say something like "with our incredibly low margins on registrations mistakes happen and we're sorry about this incident" that would be much better for all involved than just ignoring this thread. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by IMVU Don View Post
    Founder and former owner of The IMVU Mafias here. This thread started showing up in google search results for our site, so I figured I would throw in my 2 cents. We received permission and support from IMVU staff to setup our site back in 2007. Granted, they tried to have us shut down in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018. About every 2 years they cast a wide net and try to have every site with imvu in the domain shut down, even if they gave you permssion to setup and have been operating for years. If you manage to prove you have the rights and permissions to use imvu in your domain, their next action is usually to file false phishing and malware complaints against your site till your host and domain prover caves. The IMVU corporation is ruthless and deceptive ... willing to do and say anything no matter how untrue ... just to keep others from not using those 4 little letter "imvu". Even if they give you permission to setup, do not trust them. A deal with imvu inc is not a deal you can trust. They can and will stab you in the back. In our experience, your best bet is to use dedicated hosting in multiple oversea countries and make backups of your content daily. Upgrade to newer servers every couple of years.
    Thanks for your reply
    The site still working fine
    i found a way to make it safe away of IMVU staff i know she always send false complaint to domain provider and host provider
    so i moved the domain to google domains and google is domains is really cool
    google asked IMVU send anything proves that they own the letters "imvu" as a trademark but they failed because they don't own them
    and for the webhosting i used cloudflare so they can't track the host
    also to prevent them lie and say it is phishing or scam site as they said before i type that in privacy " We don't Have other Websites and Please don't use other site password here"
    and also installed FREE SSL Certificate
    and then i sent Emails to IMVU leaders and the CEO to make them crazy and said if imvusex makes you crazy here it again imvusex imvu sex imvusex
    Last edited by lindalysippe; 04-17-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12