Thread: This good?

This good?

We are starting out hosting and i dont know if 5G is good to start out? In cash funds? Is that good or not?

The only person that can tell you the answer is yourself.

Because you are asking that question, it's only logical to assume you don't have a business plan. Maybe it would be a great time to make one. Sit down with your partner or just yourself and write down what you want to offer, then research on where you can find the best price for those services. Figure in the cost for software such as billing software, support software, cost for the design should you buy, advertising and what not.

But I'd have to say that $5,000 is sufficient amount of funding one would need to get their feet into the hosting industry.

We have a plan which is under 5G for about a 8 months. I am just asking to see if 5g is a low , high or ok amonth to start out with.

Why would you need to spend 5G? Spending that much off the bat is pointless.. I can't see advertising and servers costing that much.

Nah not 5g off the bat . 5g for a while for a year lets say. whould it be right amonth?

I spent around $1000 my first year of hosting, for the reseller account, software and domain name. Sit down, figure out your expenses for a year (domain, servers, software etc) then double it... that'll be close to what you need.
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

I know we spent atleast 4,000 on servers alone our first year. This is actually the last month of our first year. So you should plan on spending more than 5,000 the first year.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Well the internet is a funny place.

I started with $800 in the bank 5 days after my birthday, and 6 days after I got laid off from a dot.bomb, with no severance .

My expenses for my first year were just shy of 6 figures, and no I'm not including .00 in that
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Yeah, 5g's won't last you long if your doing it full time.

It won't pay for mortgage/rent/servers/utilities/bills and server hosting.

If you still have a day job then don't burn all five grand at once, make it last for a while and spread out your costs and use your 5grand as buffer account.

It will be sufficient. But the key here is you pick a good dedicated host to start hosting your clients with ... if you end up having to switch because you picked a crappy host then it will cost you customers and money. I'm suggesting you do the following:

1. Brainstorm a name and then get that domain
    2. Hire a designers or get a custom template done that has your hosting plans and reseller plans on it
    3. Get a dedicated server, either rackshack.net or from a reseller or nocster.com (you always find them in the dedicated servers offers forum) because those people are reliable and give you the best for your $
    4. Get your crew/team ready and start selling.
    5. Whatever you do, the customer is always right AND don't over spend your monthly budget that you've set for yourself unless it's your first month and you need to pay off your server.

Well my partner want to do it monthly 5Gs i said he was crazy. Well money is not a big problem now. So about 5Gs is good for first 6 months?

Originally posted by HstGurn
    Well my partner want to do it monthly 5Gs i said he was crazy. Well money is not a big problem now. So about 5Gs is good for first 6 months?
    If money isn't a big problem now ----- I'd retire!!!

yjack

We started with $2g in the bank, spent $1700 on equipment and the other $300 on the connection... just scrapped by until we got a few additional clients under our belt but not we're over a year in and doing fine.
    AC Host Canada – Affordable Canadian Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting | Email Hosting | DNS Hosting | Custom Plans Available