Copying and Pasting?

I saw someone's post get Edited for "Copying and pasting" because it's against the rules... what exactly is meant by copying and pasting? Does it mean just copying and pasting the original post as a feature list, or copying and pasting someone elses offer as your own?
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Copy/Pasting 'your' offer over several requests. Most often it's done without regard to what the thread starter requests.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

The intent

Don't run an advertisement....just answer the request.

First case of copy and paste is where standard information is pasted but doesn't match the request. No one seems to have any confusion over that being a rules violation.

Second case of copy and paste is where you take one line or sentence to answer the request and then throw a book (copied and pasted, not original) at us advertising your compnay. That is also a rules violation.

One last word. Just as the copy and paste is wrong, so is the no answer but a link to your site. This is where someone says We can provide that. See our plan at __________. Also, a violation.

It's really not all that complicated. Someone makes a request. If you can provide what they request answer them directly and personally in the thread. Otherwise, keep quiet.

Responding to requests makes up the vast majority of all advertising rules violations.

What if you answer the request completely and provide info, but copy and paste a prepared paragraph about the DataCentre, or a prepared paragraph about how to order.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Originally posted by Xshare
    What if you answer the request completely and provide info, but copy and paste a prepared paragraph about the DataCentre, or a prepared paragraph about how to order.
    I think thats ok, not for sure,but im pretty sure that would be ok.... i don't see anything wrong with that but you never know
    .::.:M1chael Ba1ley:.::.

What if you answer the request completely and provide info, but copy and paste a prepared paragraph about the DataCentre, or a prepared paragraph about how to order
    Then it becomes a matter of judgement. I can tell you only how I would look at that.

1-Did you really take the time to thoroughly answer the request?
    2-How long is the answer versus the prepared paragraph?
    3-How much of additional advertising is in your tag paragraph?

Copy and paste is still not favored. My suggestion would be:

1-Answer request directly and completely.
    2-Then take standard information about how to order, copy it, then modify it to fit the situation. That way you get the standard information in, but you tailor it to the request. For instance, instead of referring the client to your home page, refer them to the order page for the plan you suggested to meet their needs. Or, if they asked about support and you said 24/7/365 ticket, no phone, good knowledgebase and tutorials in your response, you might refer them to your support page in your tag.

Understand, the intent is we do not want canned ads. If you can't spend the time and effort to tailor your response, you don't deserve to get the business (at least per board rules). However, I am sure you will find personalizing responses whether here or from your site will benefit you in the long run by increasing sales.