hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Employment Offers & Requests : Employment / Job Offers : looking for opportunities

Forum Jump

looking for opportunities

Reply Post New Thread In Employment / Job Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Smile

looking for opportunities

Hello,

I am looking for some opportunities ( Jobs, contracts or Partnership) looking for something online or physical.

I speak/read/write English, Spanish and Arabic, and I understand some Portuguese and Italian.

Familiar with Unix (linux, BSD) and The Windows platforms and Some limited AS/400 experience.

Software developer. Experience with commercial software development for small and medium Business.(Visual basic, Vfoxpro, Access, some case developers and limited experience with Oracle Developer 2000)

Experienced web designer/developer ( Ultradev, Flash, Frontpage) I do animations, Graphics, programming ( Perl, ASP and database design and management) I do Graphic Design ( Corel , Adobe , Macromedia) and some video editing.

I am familiar installing and configuring the Apache web server and pws 4 / iis server, and configuring CGI maps etc.

Familiar and experienced with Tech support, customer service via email, chat or telephone.

I have reasonable experience in the webhosting industry. Configuring accounts, ftp, pop, mailservers, etc. and knowledge of HTML, PPP, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.

General knowledge of Electronics, I built an interface that connects to the computer and receives signals from it, this interface was built to a project named robotica, where I built a small robotic arm connected it to the computer and then developed a program in Visual Basic to control the robotic arm trough the computer with the keyboard, mouse or even with voice commands, I am currently distributing this software for free with a website that I run.

I do Maintenance and repair of equipment.

I am currently a consultant and a University professor in the fields of Object Oriented Programming and Data Base Design.

Thank you for your time, if some one is interested please contact me for more information at webservicehn@yahoo.com or pm me.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond whatís printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

Re: looking for opportunities

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperSim
I speak/read/write English, Spanish and Arabic, and I understand some Portuguese and Italian.
Hmm..I wish I remembered arabic, ah well, not a huge loss =\

Good luck with the job hunt.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Re: Re: looking for opportunities

Quote:
Originally posted by Relyc

Hmm..I wish I remembered arabic, ah well, not a huge loss =\

never underestimate a language, you never know what offers might come in the future. Last year I developed an Arabic portal for a company located in the USA, These guys where desperate looking for someone that develops their website in Arabic and English, and let me tell you the pay was really good.

So as a tip the more languages you know the bigger market you will have under your feet.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks to all those that wrote to me, I am considering your offers, I received a couple of very good offers but I think I will wait to receive more offers ( donít misunderstand me Your offers are good but I want to see other offers before I decide).

And thanky you mike for your support and those special word.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Re: Re: Re: looking for opportunities

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperSim
So as a tip the more languages you know the bigger market you will have under your feet.
I can read/write english, serbian, japanese (novice/intermediate level, still learning) and I *might* (really hard course) take mandarin next year (high school course)

My parents also speak I think 8 different languages in total, so they can translate the webpage for me, heh.

*edit* I also know pretty bad french [bad=failed the exam, and dropped the course soon as I could]

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

where are you located?

-neil

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

hey i can speak francais!
so if you need a website en francais, fell free to contact moi!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
HostingCon Launches Enhanced Networking Opportunities For Event Attendees Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 09:47:04
HostingCon 2013: Addressing Big Data Needs Outside of the Cloud with Robert Miggins Web Hosting News 2013-06-21 13:40:20
HostingCon 2013: Market Update with Structure Research's Philbert Shih Web Hosting News 2013-06-21 13:42:21
Cloud Service Providers and Web Hosts Poised to Raise Game at HostingCon 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-04-02 15:53:25
Hosting Channel ‚Äď How Hosting Providers can Approach Strategic Partnerships Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:49