hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Offers & Requests : established webhosting business for sale
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

established webhosting business for sale

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Other Offers & Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2003, 05:17 AM
Disabled

established webhosting business for sale

For details: http://www.hostbroker.biz/case22.htm

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at info@hostbroker.biz, pls put in "case22" in the subject line.

Thank you

If you are looking to sell your company, let us take over the process and ensure you a hazzle and riskfree transaction. If we do not sell your company, it is 100% free for you.

Last edited by hostbroker; 07-30-2003 at 10:28 AM.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond whatís printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2003, 09:18 AM
Evenly Divided

Nice service you're offering, very smart

Old 07-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Mekhu
Nice service you're offering, very smart
Thanks Mekhu,
So far our clients seem to like it. Some time ago we sold our own hosting company, and trust me, if there was someone like hostbroker.biz around back then I would have been a happy client too. Selling a webhost can get really messy, if you do not know exactly what you are doing.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2003, 01:06 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
however not willing to reveal domain name before deposit of 10% is paid in escrow account.
That's funny... the equivalent to putting a deposit without knowing what company your are buying.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Build It Better!

It's called qualifying the buyer and anyone that has been in any type of legitimate business for more than a week understands the principal of the practice...

Nice idea and a good service Hostbroker, I wish you well with it...

Old 07-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
It's called qualifying the buyer and anyone that has been in any type of legitimate business for more than a week understands the principal of the practice...
Qualifying the buyer is not showing financial information of a company without a deposit. They are not telling the NAME OF THE COMPANY before a deposit. Anyone that's spent more then 5 minutes reading would know that.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Build It Better!

You havent seem to have caught on yet so I'll help you out. If they had the name of the domain why would they need Hostbroker? What if they started soliciting clients of the business that's for sale when those clients may not yet know?

You should really avoid threads where you have no clue as to what's going on, it's obvious....

Old 07-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Web Hosting Master

That should not make a difference.

If a realtor was selling houses would they not list what houses they are selling?

The broker signs a contract with the seller to handle the details and "sell" the business.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
You havent seem to have caught on yet so I'll help you out. If they had the name of the domain why would they need Hostbroker? What if they started soliciting clients of the business that's for sale when those clients may not yet know?
See ljprevo's post. Apparently you are completely unaware what the point of a broker is. It certainly isn't to keep the name of the company private, their job is to make the sale.

Quote:
You should really avoid threads where you have no clue as to what's going on, it's obvious....
You should really take your own advice.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:20 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

A form that calculates how much your business would/could sell for thru hostbroker.biz on the site would be very good..

Old 07-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Build It Better!

Quote:
Originally posted by ljprevo
That should not make a difference.

If a realtor was selling houses would they not list what houses they are selling?

The broker signs a contract with the seller to handle the details and "sell" the business.
In this case the people IN those houses are likely the owners or are aware of the sale since the sign is probably on the lawn. In the case of a web hosting business someone could come in and contact all the clients scaring them into thinking the business was going to be sold and try to entice them to their own services thereby damaging the value of the business. In the sale of a home, you generally buy a house empty not filled with clients...

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Like I said comphosting, it's obvious.

I'm not going to respond to any more comments here and assist in hijacking this thread any further.

Good luck with the sale Hostbroker....

Old 07-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Disabled

Thanks for all the comments, and the comforting words about our business setup.

Quote:
Originally posted by comphosting
Qualifying the buyer is not showing financial information of a company without a deposit. They are not telling the NAME OF THE COMPANY before a deposit. Anyone that's spent more then 5 minutes reading would know that.
This would be a (fully refundable) deposit into an escrow service, and therefore money out of the sellers reach, and yes, itís a question of (1) financially qualifying the buyer, (2) ensuring identity and (3) filtering the dishonest individuals/competitors that would use the name of the company for fraudulent actions, like attempting to steal clients etc.

Yes, the NDA goes a long way, but in an international world, itís hard to fight individuals breaking the terms of confidentiality.
We have made quite a few deals the last 6 months, using these steps every time. The people that really are interested always seem to understand this procedure.

I understand that it might be a bit steep to some, but our prime concern is that both the buyer and seller are protected in the best possible way, and this is only one of the measures we take in order to ensure that.

thanks again

Last edited by hostbroker; 07-30-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Web Hosting Master

If I put ANY money down on any deal, I want to know everything about the business before I sign on the dotted line or put a deposit down.

Listing the businesses on the brokers site in "general" is fine, hiding the identity is ok, but don't charge potential buyers a deposit.

If they want more info on a business, have them agree to a non-disclosure agreement.

That would be fine.

No money should be put down until the buyer have reviewed the purchase and everything involved.

I am interested in other hosting businesses, but I will not put any money down not knowing what is involved, sorry.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by high-flying
A form that calculates how much your business would/could sell for thru hostbroker.biz on the site would be very good..
Good idea - and I will consider it. However putting a value on a hosting business is very complicated, and not just a question of adding 6-9 months of gross revenue, like seen so often.
However, it should be possible to build all the factors in to some kind of matrix, and I will take a closer look at that.
Thanks for the idea

Old 07-30-2003, 03:47 PM
WHT Addict

I'm Constantly Amazed Here

Quote:
Originally posted by ljprevo
If I put ANY money down on any deal, I want to know everything about the business before I sign on the dotted line or put a deposit down.

Listing the businesses on the brokers site in "general" is fine, hiding the identity is ok, but don't charge potential buyers a deposit.

If they want more info on a business, have them agree to a non-disclosure agreement.

That would be fine.

No money should be put down until the buyer have reviewed the purchase and everything involved.

I am interested in other hosting businesses, but I will not put any money down not knowing what is involved, sorry.
This is one reason I post so little on WHT...because there are more people bashing and complaining than buying.

If someone wants to sell something based on their set of rules, then the person interested in buying it can either buy it based on their (the seller's) rules, or they can leave it.

But, why do people constanly bash on other peoples offerings on here? If you don't like the offer, don't bid, or buy.

I have a Real Estate Liscense (although I'm not active at the moment), and I've sold businesses before, and what is being suggested or offered here is not so uncommon.

When you make an offer on a house, you put up earnest money.

I'm not sure what the big deal is, if the financials check out as stated, then what does the domain matter? In fact I don't see anywhere where it says that there is a site or domain name for sale, although it might be.

Who cares if the domain/webhost has a bad name, if the current clients are happy and staying? Maybe you could get an agreement, that you agree to put up a deposit, and make the purchase, based on the current host having a flawless reputation?

Also no where is it stated if this is a non-refundable deposit, or if this is a deposit that will be lost if the buyer does not follow thru??

Just my .02

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Know When to Hold Them, When to Fold Them: HR and Employees Blog 2013-12-20 15:39:56
WebHosting.coop Set to Prove a Democratically-Run, Shared Web Hosting Cooperative Can Work Web Hosting News 2013-12-17 12:48:54
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - August 23, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:50
Domain Name Value, Sales See Strong Momentum in Q3 2012: Sedo Report Web Hosting News 2012-11-05 13:30:18
Web Hosting Domain Name Webhosting.co.uk Sold for $500,000 by Sedo Web Hosting News 2012-11-09 09:51:25