Hosting website name

Hello guys

I was just wondering , its a simple thing , yet i think it a lot. Are there "proper" names for a hosting company? I mean are there any rules or guidlines with things to do or not to do ?

I will suggest you to keep a partial match domain name

Something like

Yourbrand+Hosting

Your brand+host
    Yourbrand+server

Keep it small , Avoid numbers, See if some deleted domains are available that may have good da or pa.

Hope it helps

I think choosing the best name for your hosting company is a very big deal. It is a name that will separate you from the next company but along with that you have to also make your company stand out. I don't think there is something such as a proper name or guidelines you need to go by but I do think you need to make it nice and simple on whatever you decide to use.
    Fully customized hosting to your specific needs, no general plans found here!
    'Read before you click I agree' - J

Your company should be known and popular not because of related name, but because of the services you provide.
    If I mention Apple company - I believe you will tell me without any mistake what does it produce and sell
    --> http://www.webhostingzone.org/
    --> Secure and Reliable Web Hosting Services - cPanel / CloudLinux / Softaculous - Atlanta Data Center
    --> VPS Hosting, Linux Support, SSL certificates and more!

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneWHZ View Post
    Your company should be known and popular not because of related name, but because of the services you provide.
    If I mention Apple company - I believe you will tell me without any mistake what does it produce and sell

With that said, just try to avoid domains that will be hard for users to remember or difficult for word-of-mouth users to find. Hyphens, letter substitutions, etc. can make it hard for potential customers to remember/find your domain without googling.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Keep the name simple and easy to remember/spell.
    No use having one that is convoluted and easily forgotten. I don't think it has to be necessarily related...lots of companies out there where they sound nothing like the things they sell. They become a brand.

Next step is making the name standout...this happens with marketing your brand. Like the example given above...."apple" is a brand, and many years ago they wouldn't have been what they stand for today.
    BlizBox.com :: 100% Pure SSD Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting | VPS | Metered/Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    ★ Multiple Datacenters | 99.9% SLA | DDoS Protection
    Got a question? Email us

Thanks guys , i apreciate it. I tried to keep mine simple

I will quote myself from this topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Madbunny View Post
    1. Try to find domain with one word or two but short.
    2. Make it more personal to you and/or your vision how all this should work.
    3. Easy to remember is a good advantage. Make a list with few names, check if they are available and then read to your family and friends. Next day ask them what names did they remember from the list.
    4. .com is the best, .net can be used and the rest... well personally i dont like other TLDs but thats just me.
    5. Check if part of your name match with some other company (especially hosting, IT, design, etc.) to avoid any complications in the future and potential lawsuit for IP infringement
    6. Additional plus would be if you can connect your domain with a mascot. People tend to remember much easier if they can connect the name with something visually interesting like good mascot.
    7. Doesnt need to have "hosting" or "server" in the name and frankly its good to be little different from others, e.g. DigitalOcean, WiredTree, Linode, etc. just to name few of them.

Good luck with the name/domain.
    - I often come to the conclusion that my brain has too many tabs open. -
    Failing at desktop publishing & graphic design since 1994
    Pretty soon we can expect hosting companies offering "double unlimited"
    or
    "not limited unlimited with no limits".