I would like to introduce myself first off. My name is Curtis and I am the VP of Sales & Marketing (no shill). I have attempted at all levels to deal with Mr. James Brausch but to no avail (he continues to rant long after we posted back a complete refund even though we were not under any legal or moral obligation to do so).
First of all, I do apologise for the length of my response but it is necessary in order to give all the facts:
1. The customer ordered a server using a credit card which created an AVS error so we requested more info (he refused) so I overrode billing and ask them to setup the server anyway (which the customer took as a personal affront though as anyone can tell you a company takes great risk with their merchant account when ignoring warnings about potential CC frauds especially on the Internet today)
2. Customer received server but for some reason he (unlike any of our sys admins) is unable to access the server which most of you here know often means some sort of user failure (I will not say he did something wrong because when I tried to look into the matter he refused to enter a support request) Having a LiveChat with a sales person who is unable to fix a server does not constitute a request for support which is why he was asked to put in a support request.
3. He then claims the 100% Uptime Guarantee - which is a network guarantee & this issue has nothing to do with as illustrated here:
100% Network Uptime Guarantee
4. He continues to refuse to put in a support request and demands a 100% refund threatening us with some of the things I will copy below but posting his slander here was one of them. BTW, he claims that he had to pay for support but had he even tried to request support, he would have known we include
1 Hour (4 -15 minute support credits) with every server
5. I contacted him personally to discuss his threats - he hung up the phone demanding a complete refund (which is contrary to the Agreement he had with us) - which btw, I was willing to give him had he shown some form of reasonable cause for his displeasure (other than his threats while in LiveChat mode).
6. Then the nonsense really got going. The threats - which I must admit were on both sides but ours were realistic at least as you will see when you read further. We did have the right to demand payment and not to refund his setup fees and first month payments - see our Cancellation Policy as per our Terms of Service
7. We decided that the customer was not exactly stable and therefore not accountable for entering into any form of service agreement and decided to give him a full refund but he continues to plague us because his credit card company (norm is 2-8 days) has not posted back his credit - we even sent him the full confirmation details which he now has.
8. He has threatened this action and others in an attempt to extract payment for his time (forget that he has wasted the time of countless people here at our company). See his emails shown below.
I hope that anyone reading this realises that this is someone who needs more help than we are able to give him in a variety of ways.
Thank you for your time. Normally I do not even bother with such blatant attempts to extort money from our company however this was so outrageous I felt I need to answer.
It is you who have wasted my time by committing fraud. You refused to
provide the service you promised. You refused to refund my card. It is
your issue. You are committing a civil and crimal act. You will be held
accountable. There is no court in Canada nor the United States who would
issue a restraining order for a consumer trying to correct a fraudulent act
by a vendor. You are welcome to try.
Your time is now up. I will keep my promise. I will now be posting my
experience on WHT, notifying your local BBB (who has already processed one
complaint against you... so this one will result in an unsatisfactory
rating) and initiating the chargeback.
You now have 24 hours before I take the next step. Phase II is a surprise.
You'll know it when you see it.
BTW, you now owe me $1,560 for wasting my time.
You have until 9:41 Wednesday morning now before I take my next actions.
It's never too late to do the right thing.
You now owe me $120. You did not call to "work something out" (and there is
nothing to work out). You called to refuse a refund for the services you
never rendered. Since it is obvious that you intend to act in bad faith, I
will also pursue the $1,320. That's a total of $1,440 in wasted time plus
the refund for the services you never rendered. BTW, the server is still
You have until tomorrow morning to remit the refund before I begin the
promised actions. We have a 100% recovery rate from scum bag companies like
you. You'll see.
Fraud doesn't pay. Eventually you'll defraud the wrong customer and learn
your lesson. I am that customer!