Fastest WordPress hosts

Hello,
    I'm looking for a fast WordPress host. Does anyone have a list of Hosts with the fastest load times? As looking to do some mobile marketing using WordPress.
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
    Brian
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

These days you can find many hosts that will offer you the speed you require when it comes on shared hosting. May i ask what your budget range is and any preferable location for the looking host such as EU/US etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
    Hello,

These days you can find many hosts that will offer you the speed you require when it comes on shared hosting. May i ask what your budget range is and any preferable location for the looking host such as EU/US etc.
    I think it would be better to recommend VPS host instead shared host as on shared host loading speed might be affected by other users.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lukah View Post
    I think it would be better to recommend VPS host instead shared host as on shared host loading speed might be affected by other users.
    Same with VPS :-)

It depends on the host on how much resources they do sincerely allocate for you and one that do not oversell.

Shared hosting or VPS, if the host allocated good cpu/io/ram for you that do not oversell, you should be fine.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Same with VPS :-)

It depends on the host on how much resources they do sincerely allocate for you and one that do not oversell.

Shared hosting or VPS, if the host allocated good cpu/io/ram for you that do not oversell, you should be fine.
    Yeah but with VPS users have option to optimize their usage, with shared hosting you are dependant on settings set by host. And also there are VPS's where you can get dedicated CPU/RAM so you can be completely safe then.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lukah View Post
    with shared hosting you are dependant on settings set by host
    And the host can allocate you dedicated cpu/ram too, the same with VPS.

VPS is for full control on setting and software. In the end, it depends on the host.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Hello,
    I'm looking for a fast WordPress host. Does anyone have a list of Hosts with the fastest load times? As looking to do some mobile marketing using WordPress.
    Brian
    Look for a host offering SSD, Litespeed, Cloudlinux & high speed CPU. For a low traffic site shared hosting will be fine but for high traffic sites you might consider a managed VPS.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    Brian
    Be careful of such lists! I've found from bitter experience that most shared hosts slow down significantly over time as they add more customers. And many lists are sponsored or out of date.

My advice is to test the performance yourself using free tools like uptimedoctor.com and loadimpact.com before committing to a long contract. Or get a VPS.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RWB_HOSTING View Post
    Look for a host offering SSD, Litespeed, Cloudlinux & high speed CPU. For a low traffic site shared hosting will be fine but for high traffic sites you might consider a managed VPS.
    These premium specialties can help, though, doesn't always mean they'll be the best or even the fastest
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    These premium specialties can help, though, doesn't always mean they'll be the best or even the fastest
    Correct, one would also want a host that's not highly oversold & is located in a good data center.
      0 Not allowed!

To have WordPress running as fast as possible you need the following:

PHP 7.x
    SSD/NVMe storage (definitely not SATA)
    LiteSpeed Web Server with LSCache
    MariaDB
    Excellent hardware/network
    Non-default resources limits set by CloudLinux i.e choose a provider who offers more than just 1GB MEM, 25% of 1 CPU and 1-2 Mbps Disk IO

Also, make sure the provider has been running for a good amount of time and has a great reputation overall.

Finally, you need to make sure your WordPress is running the latest version and you only use the best/trusted themes/plugins which are more secure/faster coding wise. This will help your WordPress website load faster.

Good luck.
      2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    To have WordPress running as fast as possible you need the following:

PHP 7.x
    SSD/NVMe storage (definitely not SATA)
    LiteSpeed Web Server with LSCache
    MariaDB
    Excellent hardware/network
    Non-default resources limits set by CloudLinux i.e choose a provider who offers more than just 1GB MEM, 25% of 1 CPU and 1-2 Mbps Disk IO

Also, make sure the provider has been running for a good amount of time and has a great reputation overall.

Finally, you need to make sure your WordPress is running the latest version and you only use the best/trusted themes/plugins which are more secure/faster coding wise. This will help your WordPress website load faster.

Good luck.
    Excellent list. Depending on the host, there will be a few minor changes, but overall a good starting point.

Hello,
    Brian
    A few keys things have been overlooked by you and by other

1. Is this a new or existing website?

2. If existing...what is the daily amount of traffic?

3. Where is your target audience?

4. How many plugins are installed or do you plan to run?

5. Any specific requirements?

6. Security concerns?

If it's a new website, then for the moment you could look into Shared hosting with a reputable company. Once the website has outgrown a Shared account or has specific needs, then you could look into a VPS or Dedicated Server. A VPS at the early stage if not necessarily needed will just be a waste of money.

Plugins factor into speed. Some know plugins, even though popular, have been known to slow things down. One I know of...an extra 3-4 seconds of page loading...no matter the host or account. Themes can fall into that as well. Years ago some themes were coded very badly. Not so much now, but do find a theme that is PHP7 compatible, and shows evidence of the designer sending out regular updates to address issues that buyers may have come across.
      0 Not allowed!

I have always found some of the nginx hosting providers out there to offer great performance for WordPress sites. Whilst litespeed is great, nginx is also an enterprise ready product which offers impeccable performance.

There aren't too many shared hosts out there that offer it, but as Chris said, SSD is completely essential regardless of whether you go for nginx or litespeed hosts. Also, excellent quality hardware of course makes a difference.

Avoid avoid avoid low LVE limit providers also! Anything less than 1 CPU / 1GB RAM may be a bit of a nightmare whilst your running your changes through the site. Once it's settled and 'live' though, lower limits could be acceptable.

From my experience, I would also recommend you text whichever host you go with without caching enabled at all - many hosts recommend heavy caching methods to pretty much mask poor performance servers that struggle to cope with the most basic sites.

Check their php handlers also! PHP-FPM or lsapi (litespeed PHP handler) are pretty much the fastest options out there with the lowest resource overhead.

You haven't given much detail in terms of the requirements, but I would probably say a good shared hosting provider is more than sufficient for your site. It's at least an excellent starting point - only later down the line if you feel you need more, you can either increase resources or move the site over to a VPS.

Good luck though
      0 Not allowed!

As Chris and Wpcycle stated, you can look at shared hosting provider to start with, but you need an efficient theme/plugin to get fastest page load times.

I have seen that an optimized shared hosting account can be faster than VPS (under less-medium load). Look for at least 2GB RAM, 1 full cpu, SSD, Litespeed/ LS Cache and higher disk I/o limit.
      1 Not allowed!

15. These terms are probably too much for some of us. Perhaps, those of you who are well vast on the subject matter, can recommend hosts that has all of those features in place.
      0 Not allowed!

VPS is always most suitable for your site because it will 100% handle the heavy traffic without any issue. VPS has it's own set of resources, bandwidth which you can use for your website as per your choice. On shared hosting server, you will face many issue due to lack of resources and bandwidth so having your own VPS is always best.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidya T View Post
    VPS is always most suitable for your site because it will 100% handle the heavy traffic without any issue. VPS has it's own set of resources, bandwidth which you can use for your website as per your choice. On shared hosting server, you will face many issue due to lack of resources and bandwidth so having your own VPS is always best.
    That is not exactly true. It depends which resources are included with the Shared hosting account or VPS. If you are comparing default CloudLinux limits set on Shared hosting account to a beefy VPS then fair enough, but you never quite went into detail about it.

There are many providers around these days who include more resources on their Shared hosting plans that can run just as fast if not faster than a VPS.

A VPS with just cPanel is not that fast. You may need to pay an additional cost for LiteSpeed with LSCache plus pay an admin to make further tweaks whereas this is usually already active/done on Shared hosting servers.
      1 Not allowed!

Nothing can be better than an SSD VPS, Liquid Web should be the first option if you need premium quality hosting, and also I had a great experience with InMotion as they have an affordable VPS on SSD and great customer support. I also use WP Engine and in speed, they're good, but for quality, support and server response time, it's not the best at what many people say about them.
      0 Not allowed!

Try Lightning Base or Incendiawebworks, they are two fatest hosting for WordPress. Lightning Base has data center in Europa or USA; I use it from many years and the performance are amazing.
      0 Not allowed!

What is your preferred location? Do you know volume of your uniq visitors? Maybe VPS will be better than shared hosting.

P.S. wordpress hosting is just marketing
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AdelinaHost View Post
    Though a majority of hosting providers out there market their product as 'wordpress hosting' just from a marketing perspective, there are companies like WPEngine, Flywheel, WPCycle who specialize in Wordpress hosting.
      1 Not allowed!

Hello,
    Brian
    Maybe take a read of https://reviewsignal.com/blog/wordpr...nchmarks-2018/

Just a few notes

1. All tests in linked review are non-HTTPS based. These days everyone will be going HTTPS if Google has their way and HTTPS can dramatically change performance numbers depending on how HTTPS is configured with each respective web host. So keep that in mind when comparing. I hope folks and web hosts start focusing on their HTTPS based performance numbers as non-HTTPS is doing the way of the dinosaurs

2. I don't use any of those web hosts myself as I usually self-host my Wordpress sites as I can achieve faster performance and load times myself

3. For your own evaluation of page load speed, make sure to get to know and use webpagetest.org and google lighthouse tools to evaluate properly page load speed/times
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostPlix View Post
    Though a majority of hosting providers out there market their product as 'wordpress hosting' just from a marketing perspective, there are companies like WPEngine, Flywheel, WPCycle who specialize in Wordpress hosting.
    Thank You for the mention

Quote Originally Posted by AdelinaHost View Post
    This has been debated for a few years, and even a few who held strong to those thought realized there's twp types of WordPress hosts.

Type 1...the ones who do it just for marketing to recapture customers who went to Type 2 hosts. The ones who take package A,B,C and create package WP-A, WP-B, and WP-C and all that was done was copy the specs of A,B,C. The ones who offers all the extras in their account that are not needed since WordPress only requires PHP and MySQL, and not scripts, emails, stats, dns, etc.

Type 2...the ones whose worked with WordPress as designers or troubleshooters for years before it became the go-to for everything. The ones who understand WordPress, and understands what it does and doesn't need. The ones who will create an environment by not using the average everyday setup, and will use tools that will handle the loads and needs of a customer, while letting other companies who specialize in their own talents handle the needs that outside of WordPress like email, dns, and other things not needed for WordPress to run efficiently.

Big difference between those who market the bandwagon, and those who actually do it
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    Maybe take a read of https://reviewsignal.com/blog/wordpr...nchmarks-2018/

Just a few notes

1. All tests in linked review are non-HTTPS based. These days everyone will be going HTTPS if Google has their way and HTTPS can dramatically change performance numbers depending on how HTTPS is configured with each respective web host. So keep that in mind when comparing. I hope folks and web hosts start focusing on their HTTPS based performance numbers as non-HTTPS is doing the way of the dinosaurs
    Except Enterprise tier was all HTTPS and LiquidWeb insisted on keeping HTTPS despite knowing it would make them look worse in comparison to HTTP performance of its competitors. All tests next year will be HTTPS
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kohashi View Post
    Except Enterprise tier was all HTTPS and LiquidWeb insisted on keeping HTTPS despite knowing it would make them look worse in comparison to HTTP performance of its competitors. All tests next year will be HTTPS
    Yeah looking forward to the all HTTPS comparisons
      0 Not allowed!