Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimehoster View Post
    You have to be kidding right. cPanel has a more user friendly UI/UX than Plesk. You must not have looked at Plesk in a very long time. I have been in hosting since 1995 and my kids (3) have grown up using Plesk on their own servers.

Lets be fair to the world in letting everyone know that cPanel has a large investment in WHMCS. Why would they not have a better intergration, since they bought their way into it. Easy way to prevent your competition from having a fair chance.

I am back to this thread because it was again presented to the world as a featured thread. Again, I have been in hosting since 1995. I hate joining in these conversations because they always seem to have people from both sides jumping in. I have both Plesk and cPanel licenses and I will admit I am a Plesk advocate through and through. There were some bad years where experience was difficult and many went to cPanel. But anyone using cPanel or advocating for such an outdated solution has not looked at Plesk today, Had not been to a cPanel conference and heard their roadmap from the source.

Everyone has their own perspective, personal choices... but if a thread like this is going to be put face forward into the public view how about backing up your claims and personal opinions with some facts. Show the people reading this thread the differences.
    I just put a more detailed explanation of my gripes with their WHMCS module - the server software itself is good. It's just their module that's lacking.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

My personal opinion is that I tried switching to Plesk after working on cPanel all my life and I went back to cPanel not because Plesk wasn't good only becuase of the familiar feel I had with cPanel and only thing that stood out for plesk was that the user interface is a bit cleaner than cPanel.
    They are both equally good.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_007 View Post
    ...only thing that stood out for plesk was that the user interface is a bit cleaner than cPanel.
    They are both equally good.
    I agree 100%. Both have simple 1 button press Wordpress installs and can handle heavy workloads, but Plesk just looks nicer. I'd say its like comparing a Honda Accord to a BMW sedan. They both will get you to your destination, but one looks a little nicer.

I think cPanel and Plesk are almost same, both of them give you the complete control over a vast amount of functions and tools to manage your website.

The only difference is that a hosting package integrated with cPanel usually offers more add-on applications than the one with Plesk like Fantastico 1-click installer, RV Skins, and CSF firewall. As compared with cPanel, Plesk does not support any third party applications. I use cPanel and I don't think that I need to switch to another control panel, its working great for me.

Hi.

The correct answer is: With which you feel more comfortable and better you drive to work. I personally prefer cPanel & WHM.

cPanel & WHM would be the best Ferrari of cars.

Regards.
    Last edited by nando89; 02-11-2018 at 04:25 PM.

I believe cPanel is much easier to use and if you have access to Softaculous it makes it easier to manage. Just have to be on top of the Wordpress security patches.

Plesk's wordpress toolkit makes it an amazing tool for wordpress, it tells you when updates on core, themes, plugins etc are in place. However that being said, get to using it and plesk will probably jack up the price on you double digits % per year, or more!

Quote Originally Posted by MNCHost-shiwani View Post
    I'm a cPanel user and I think it’s the best control panel I could get.
    Have you tried out any other panels to compare? Those aren't that unique of features.
    ~Tyler Morrison~

"I like vending machines, because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that is achieves its maximum flavor potential." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by szalon View Post
    Hello , pls tell me one.

I Got clean server. No panel here. Did i really need it for wordpress ?
    I want to install wp using docker container . Is is good idea for not proffesional amator ?

I dont sure - why should i need a panel for 1 or 2 website. Can u tell me ?? ( btw what about free panels ?)
    You do not need any control panel to set websites, or to install wordpress, however people are using them in case they dont know how to to install requirements like httpd server, mysql database, PHP environment and to simplify entire process.
    But even if you dont know how to install those, there are many automated scripts available which can install it automaticly and help you to make it work.

I have not used Plesk personally but I am using cPanel based WordPress for the maximum sites. cPanel really has the great options to handle the WordPress website for main domain, addon domains as well as sub-domains. SoftaCulous or Instralltron Application Installer in cPanel allows you to install it. You can setup the backups as well as upgrades using the cPanel for your WordPress website.

Funny, seems many of you have not had a real look at Plesk yet. The Plesk User Experience is far ahead of cPanel and I'm sure you will love it if you try the latest release Plesk Onyx 17.8.

Regarding the comment about "you don't need a Control Panel to install WordPress": it's not about installing WordPress, it's all about working and maintaining WordPress. And here Plesk is actually far ahead of any competition. cPanel can install WordPress, but what about creating test stages, cloning, update management, automatic backups, security checks and WordPress hardening, defining pre-installed plugins & themes, etc.? This can only be done with Plesk since your WordPress Management solution requires full access to NGINX and Apache configurations.

I don't need to convince you, stay without a Control Panel or with cPanel if you wish. But don't say the other solution is better if you haven't compared them. I myself can say I tested cPanel, DirectAdmin, LiveConfig, ServerPilot, InfiniteWP, ManagedWP - and I find Plesk Onyx best of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jlsoft View Post
    Funny, seems many of you have not had a real look at Plesk yet. The Plesk User Experience is far ahead of cPanel and I'm sure you will love it if you try the latest release Plesk Onyx 17.8.

Regarding the comment about "you don't need a Control Panel to install WordPress": it's not about installing WordPress, it's all about working and maintaining WordPress. And here Plesk is actually far ahead of any competition. cPanel can install WordPress, but what about creating test stages, cloning, update management, automatic backups, security checks and WordPress hardening, defining pre-installed plugins & themes, etc.? This can only be done with Plesk since your WordPress Management solution requires full access to NGINX and Apache configurations.

I don't need to convince you, stay without a Control Panel or with cPanel if you wish. But don't say the other solution is better if you haven't compared them. I myself can say I tested cPanel, DirectAdmin, LiveConfig, ServerPilot, InfiniteWP, ManagedWP - and I find Plesk Onyx best of all of them.
    Interesting :-)

Do you use Nginx in Plesk? How is it?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Interesting :-)

Do you use Nginx in Plesk? How is it?
    Sure: for all my sites (WordPress and custom php sites) I use NGINX and php7-fpm. The latest Plesk Onyx 17.8 does even provide automatic NGINX caching that can be switched on in the UI. My sites have all page load times of less than 1 second. I run all my sites meanwhile with Plesk on DigitalOcean, but tried many other solutions before.

Sure: for all my sites (WordPress and custom php sites) I use NGINX and php7-fpm. The latest Plesk Onyx 17.8 does even provide automatic NGINX caching that can be switched on in the UI. My sites have all page load times of less than 1 second. I run all my sites meanwhile with Plesk on DigitalOcean, but tried many other solutions before.
    Thank you for the useful info :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    IDo you use Nginx in Plesk? How is it?
    I think that was covered earlier in this thread (maybe another?), but it works out of the box nicely. You can set PHP to run via nginx or proxy to apache for each domain. Each domain can have custom configs for http and nginx set by the admin in Plesk. So if a site wants to run as nginx but they have rewrites needed, that can be done easily for them. And those can be set via the API .
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

CPanel - As It runs on Linux which not only is a Free OS, it is more efficient and the OS does not use as much resources, meaning your site will have more resources to use

Out of the box proxy_cache solution is something I've been lobbying for for some time, great to see it finally. Recompiled Nginx with ngx_pagespeed and Brotli - cool stuff. Getting ngx_cache_purge to actually purge cache is a headache.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123