How many mails can be sent before a timeout on shared?

I'm really curious to know how many can be sent under 2 conditions, when the same message is sent and when there's a custom message for each email (let's say with the name of the person).

I see the maximum execution time for a script can vary between 30 an 90 seconds.

Can someone give me an estimative, is there any difference if it's executed via cron job?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by cuartas; 01-15-2018 at 07:54 PM.

You should check with your hosting company. Rules can be different. Sometimes it is no more than 500 emails in an hour and no more than 150 emails during 15 min
    ADELINAhost (Established 2012)
    Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    https://www.adelinahost.com

Quote Originally Posted by AdelinaHost View Post
    You should check with your hosting company. Rules can be different. Sometimes it is no more than 500 emails in an hour and no more than 150 emails during 15 min
    I'm not mentioning the hourly limitations of the emails (that I'm aware of), I'm referring to the script execution time limit or, are you suggesting that (let's say) in 30 seconds 500 mails can be sent before a timeout?

The host could have any number limits in place to prevent outbound bursts, so there is no way to answer without a guess. Also, if you're sending to the same domain, but different addresses, this can cause deferrals. Furthermore, it depends on the script: is it using mail() or is it connecting directly to a smtp server to send and thus waiting?

Lets say there are no limits or delays in place and the script is using a smtp connection and not mail() . It may take 1 to 10 seconds per message for the script to receive a response and move on to the next address. So, no you could not get 500 out in 30 seconds and if you did you would likely cause spam listings or at least deferrals on the other side. Presuming the message goes out from the same mail server and such.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post
    The host could have any number limits in place to prevent outbound bursts, so there is no way to answer without a guess. Also, if you're sending to the same domain, but different addresses, this can cause deferrals. Furthermore, it depends on the script: is it using mail() or is it connecting directly to a smtp server to send and thus waiting?

Lets say there are no limits or delays in place and the script is using a smtp connection and not mail() . It may take 1 to 10 seconds per message for the script to receive a response and move on to the next address. So, no you could not get 500 out in 30 seconds and if you did you would likely cause spam listings or at least deferrals on the other side. Presuming the message goes out from the same mail server and such.
    Agree with steven99 as there's no way to give a specific answer as there are way too many variables involved.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post

That's a good estimative (which is what I was asking for), and yeah, the scenario would be smtp using phpmailer.
    hmmm, In that case, what would be a good alternative to send between 50-70 emails with a diferent body (names, and other info retrieved from a database) at a specific time?
    Last edited by cuartas; 01-16-2018 at 02:05 PM.

7. It really depends on the webhosting company. Usually (from webhosters I have used) there are limits around 300-1000 e-mail's a day with SMTP server and around 500 e-mail's for PHP mail function.

Quote Originally Posted by cuartas View Post
    I'm really curious to know how many can be sent under 2 conditions, when the same message is sent and when there's a custom message for each email (let's say with the name of the person).

I see the maximum execution time for a script can vary between 30 an 90 seconds.

Can someone give me an estimative, is there any difference if it's executed via cron job?

Thanks in advance
    Right here is the fast answer with details:
    https://group-mail.com/sending-email...ail-providers/

Hope it helps!

it really varies by provider, some won't give you a timeout but instead suspend your whole account for busting mail like that. Most providers will outright tell you the daily limit in mail sent but most like to keep that on the down low to avoid mass mailers at all cost

Its different from hosting to hosting, its depend to your admin hosting company