Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by danielpmc View Post
    Lying to a host/registrar is not wise!
    Lying is really not good regardless of who it is you're lying to IMHO.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,800 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by danielpmc View Post
    Your mother should have been the one to purchase the domain for you.

Universal Terms of Service
    https://www.namecheap.com/legal/univ...ersal-tos.aspx

Eligibility & Authority.
    Our site and Services are available only to users who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. By using this site and/or the Services, You represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age...

You signed up under circumstances that are against their policy.
    Do not lie, cheat or otherwise be less than honest when signing up for hosting services. Hopefully you will learn from this and not be dishonest. I suggest being patient and hope that out of the kindness of Namecheaps heart they help you, if they do not then that it is their choice. Learn from this: Lying to a host/registrar is not wise!
    Umm, I used her credit card with her permission. It wasn't my card and I didn't make the final decision to buy the domain. She is the one that said I was allowed to get it with her card, all I did was type the information in. The only part of the account that belongs to me is the account name.

She payed for the account, and I use it. I never lied to Namecheap, there is no difference between me typing in my mom's info and her typing in the info as long as she gave me permission to type it.

She was also standing beside me when I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by WangFun View Post
    The only part of the account that belongs to me is the account name.
    This may be the reason Namecheap is thinking some type of fraud is going on. Something happened to cause them to be suspicious.
    Stone soup is flavored by its offerings of humanity.

@WangFun

From what you have posted i do not think you are or have tried to be intentionally fraudlent. Actually i applaud you for trying at the age of 14 to try and setup your own domain and run a website. It is challenging enough for an adult to do this.

But you are coming into the age of the internet where more and more hosts are starting to make sure account names and credit cards match. There has been so much fraud in the past that hosts are trying new and rarely used methods to combat credit card fraud. Tell Namecheap exactly what you said to me about the only difference in the account is that your name is used for the account but your mom paid for it. But since you are not 18 they will consider that you lied to them when signing up because you agreed to the terms that you were at least 18.

Be patient with Namecheap as this can take a bit of time for them to deal with you.

Hope all works out for you.

About CC vs. account, it not uncommon to use spouse/nickname on CC vs. the name on the account. So those of you harping on that fact, you're simply wrong that it's "not proper". It's both common and expected.

Only if he put down wrong billing name would you run into CC issues.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    About CC vs. account, it not uncommon to use spouse/nickname on CC vs. the name on the account.
    Excellent point about the use of spouses name being used and acceptable. Thanks for pointing this out.

Your first mistake was when you registered domain with your details, but paid from your mom's card. Is it possible to change your domain details to your mom?
    ADELINAhost (Established 2012)
    Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    https://www.adelinahost.com

They locked me out for being underage. It doesn't matter though because I found a new domain name by using a synonym for the 2nd word, so everything is fine. Thanks for the advice, I won't make that mistake again.

Next time use Paypal or connect your credit card to it, more simple and safe for any payments.
    Domains24H.com - Domains & Hosting Website

Quote Originally Posted by capohal18 View Post
    Next time use Paypal or connect your credit card to it, more simple and safe for any payments.
    He's not old enough to have a Paypal account. Did you read the thread?
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I would venture to guess - no.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,800 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

And will most likely run into the same issue if the new provider finds out that they are underage - Hopefully the OP had their mom purchase it under the moms name.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12