What host provider scores 10/10 against all others?

We've been with Hostgator for the last 10 years and it's felt a long longer tbh but following several headaches with customer support we decided enough was enough. They've gone the same direction as ebay and paypal and farmed out their tech-support to those who can barely string a sentence together never mind offer any semblance of support.

So rather than endure anymore pain for 2018 we decided to spend a few hours on this forum browsing the best of what seemed to be on offer and picked out BigScoots.com as a potential new host. Good heaven's am I glad we did so. They are quite incredible, Scott, Justin, Xavier, just haven't let up since we decided to run a test site with them and if this was going to be their standard going forward I can only say don't look anywhere else people. You're simply not going to get this level of support anywhere. PERIOD! And if anyone thinks this is puff-editorial just PM me. I'm a registered N.U.J. journalist and btw they didn't know that when I opened the account. But they do now and I take my Linux hat off to them.
    Last edited by Editorialz; 01-14-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Editorialz View Post
    We've been with Hostgator for the last 10 years and it's felt a long longer tbh but following several headaches with customer support we decided enough was enough. They've gone the same direction as ebay and paypal and farmed our their tech-support to those who can barely string a sentence together never mind offer any semblance of support.

So rather than endure anymore pain for 2018 we decided to spend a few hours on this forum browsing the best of what seemed to be on offer and picked out BigScoots.com as a potential new host. Good heaven's am I glad we did so. They are quite incredible, Scott, Justin, Xavier, just haven't let up since we decided to run a test site with them and if this was going to be their standard going forward I can only say don't look anywhere else people. You're simply not going to get this level of support anywhere. PERIOD! And if anyone thinks this is puff-editorial just PM me. I'm a registered N.U.J. journalist and btw they didn't know that when I opened the account. But they do now and I take my Linux hat off to them.
    Its a pleasure having you with us, be sure to keep us on our toes with any and all requests you may have going forward. Never hesitate to reach out to us, as we're always here and always happy to help.

Please if you don't mind, hit the report icon in your post and include your domain name so that way the mods can verify you are indeed hosting with us

Thanks again and I hope you're having a great weekend!
    BigScoots.com - 98% of Clients Stay With Us Forever
    Offering Fully Managed Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Specializing in Managed WordPress, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    Opened 2010 & 100% Positively Reviewed Since | 100% Network Uptime

And if anyone thinks this is puff-editorial just PM me.
    Lol, never. Glad you are happy with them.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Oops

Scott and Chris, I'm going to have to figure out a way to add our website to my profile without spamming the bejeezuz out of everyone. It seems I need to make at least 3 more posts, which, in the grand scheme of things, shouldn't be too difficult, but here's counting

Scott and Chris, I'm going to have to figure out a way to add our website to my profile without spamming the bejeezuz out of everyone. It seems I need to make at least 3 more posts, which, in the grand scheme of things, shouldn't be too difficult, but here's counting
    haha, well I wouldn't worry too much about that. But, alternatively, there is a little "caution" looking icon at the bottom left corner of your original post, that when clicked will bring you to a page where you can enter a message to the mods -- there you can supply your website you are hosting with us thereby legitimizing your review. They like websites verified in this way for most reviews by low post count users (which is understandable of course).

I liked this bit
    You're simply not going to get this level of support anywhere. PERIOD!
    because you have not used every provider, but I get your point, you highly rate BigScoots.

All the best and keep us updated on your experience with them over the years.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    I liked this bit because you have not used every provider, but I get your point, you highly rate BigScoots.

All the best and keep us updated on your experience with them over the years.
    No, you're quite right to call me out on that, we haven't experienced every provider, but what we did do, was our research. There's an old saying where I come from; "once bitten, twice shy" and when I say we spent hours looking at potential hosts, I mean hours. Other staff members did the same. Maybe not to the level that I did, but you can be sure it was a comprehensive analysis because there was too much at stake. We could find nothing on bigscoots.com. Or at least nothing worth mentioning but I certainly will stay posted on this because there's always Murphy's Law.

No, you're quite right to call me out on that, we haven't experienced every provider, but what we did do, was our research. There's an old saying where I come from; "once bitten, twice shy" and when I say we spent hours looking at potential hosts, I mean hours. Other staff members did the same. Maybe not to the level that I did, but you can be sure it was a comprehensive analysis because there was too much at stake. We could find nothing on bigscoots.com. Or at least nothing worth mentioning but I certainly will stay posted on this because there's always Murphy's Law.
    Murphy's theory you mean -- and... he doesn't work here

Quote Originally Posted by BigScoots-Scott View Post
    Murphy's theory you mean -- and... he doesn't work here
    Well we've got one big eejit in our office who takes delight in reminding us of the SLA (service level agreement) we have with our stakeholders. That HP needs to be N.Korea proof I was told, so no pressure.

Perfectly normal:

@Editorialz join date: Jan 2018 and sent a message yesterday at 12:15 on how great Bigscoot is (with a clickbait subject).

And BigScoots-Scott corporate member sent 3 sentences in reply 8 minutes later.

There's nothing suspicious here... oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by goyo View Post
    Perfectly normal:
    I'm more amazed that you joined in 2001 and have 4 posts.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Ah, I remember this many years ago when we were hunting for colo and signed up with one provider that we didn't see any bad reviews. It is really good and we kept on praising them then we decided to expand on another DC and we were more than amazed and learned that the new provider is better than our first one :-)

But, I am sure you are probably just excited what you got from the service and it is good. Enjoy your new provider!

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Perfectly normal:

@Editorialz join date: Jan 2018 and sent a message yesterday at 12:15 on how great Bigscoot is (with a clickbait subject).

As a corporate member we pay for the privilege of knowing the exact second someone posts with our name included anywhere in the content. To be frank, the only thing this validates is that we're very fast at replying to emails - which could perhaps be the reason why we are one of very few hosting companies over the years who have been able to convert new individuals to the forum for the express purpose of reviewing our services.

If you search our history you'll find you certainly aren't the first to make this claim, however its been just over 8 years now with a lot of the same, so its getting a bit old

Perfectly normal:

Just shows how fast they are. If they are that fast to respond to a forum post then imagine how quickly they will get to your support request!

And yes I am a client of theirs as well and share the experience the OP has with this company. And I've been here on WHT 14 years :p
    Providing WHMCS,ClientExec,Blesta,Wordpress,Forum Integrations And More!
    WebsiteIntegrations.Com - We also offer Design Services and More! - WebsiteIntegrations.Com
    Order Our WHMCS Premium Integration! - WHMCSintegrations.Com