Kind parting words for LunarPages

I recently moved on from Lunarpages after 15 years, and would like to offer a few kind parting words. I initially chose LP because my bloated, poorly-coded site needed lots of space, and at the time storage was dear. LP offered the best MB/$ I could find. In the subsequent 1.5 decades: Uptime was superb – I do not recall any significant downtime; Speed was good; Support was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable, solving every problem I blundered into; Cost was initially the best and remained competitive. Overall, a great experience. Had to move on though, free SSL became a must-have, not offered by LP. Early impressions of my new host, MDDHosting - awesome - will post more detail after more experience – maybe in 15 years.

Hope you enjoy your new host and thanks for posting this information here to share how your experiences went with L.P.. do come back in the near future and let us know how it goes with MDDHosting.

Wow, 15 years solid client moved just for free ssl?

If you need better ssl, you can just get it from gogetssl for $4.90.

But, good luck anyway :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Indeed I'm also surprised you ended 15 years of something you were happy with over an SSL cert, you could of just bought one, but pleased to hear your happy with your new provider.
    Last edited by nodestack-uk; 01-13-2018 at 08:55 PM.

I too would agree too that after such a stellar review, and years of service and support that many search for...leaving to avoid a cost of $4 to $8 a dollars a year, or 33 cents to 66 cents a month was not a good move, but fortunately you went with another good company (that I've read about but have no experience with).

Many times people will leave a host to save a couple dollars, only to end up in a much worse situation.

Good Luck

██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
    Managed WordPress VPS & Managed WordPress Dedicated VPS Servers
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups
    Email: sales@wpcycle.comFacebook: wpcycle • Twitter: wpcycle

About 8-10 years ago, LunarPages were my first webhost and I signed up for them when their promotion was running. So they came to me cheap at that time (50-60% off I think).
    I was thrilled, nervous and happy to become part of this interwebs. Registered my first domain, built my first site and love them for being such a great host.

I was still a college student back then and learning the ropes and knew almost nothing about all this, no clue how but they helped me setup and answered all my support questions no matter how silly they were. I learned a lot in that year but at renewal I had to move away as being a student they were expensive for me I moved to a different host they helped me answer those transfer queries too

Being just a student with no cellphone back then I had registered to them with my home landline number. After/during my move to the new host they called me half way across the globe at odd hours (for me) and asked me why I moved away. I was blown away by this.

I never really went back but after reading your post it all came back to me, LunarPage was excellent glad to know they are great now too. Thank you LunarPages for helping the young me land on the internet so smoothly showing the good side of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by a 'C' student View Post
    I recently moved on from Lunarpages after 15 years, and would like to offer a few kind parting words. I initially chose LP because my bloated, poorly-coded site needed lots of space, and at the time storage was dear. LP offered the best MB/$ I could find. In the subsequent 1.5 decades: Uptime was superb – I do not recall any significant downtime; Speed was good; Support was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable, solving every problem I blundered into; Cost was initially the best and remained competitive. Overall, a great experience. Had to move on though, free SSL became a must-have, not offered by LP. Early impressions of my new host, MDDHosting - awesome - will post more detail after more experience – maybe in 15 years.
    We're glad to have you as a client! If you need anything just let us know .
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,800 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.