Help me determine what we need?

1. We have 500 - 1000 videos totaling 50GB (and more will be added)

2. We are looking for a host that allows Adult Content

3. The videos will be played daily, much like a site like youtube (just not as big)

4. High bandwidth / Lots of Disk space

5. Fast network

What do I need? (CDN, VPS, Cloud) I'm assuming shared hosting won't work.

I'm trying to find the right solution so that people can watch these videos without high costs and bandwidth issues.

Thanks!

errrr no shared hosting won't work

I'd say you will want a 1gps port speed on a youtube style service and a CDN always helps with video content.

Due to the port speed requirement I'd say a dedicated server would be best for your needs. You'll need to check a providers policy on adult content tho.

Cloud will be expensive for you especially if you need more space in the future. Go for dedicated server with at least raid10 setup. This will be much cheaper.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

You will also want to have DDoS protection as your site will likely attract them more than say if it was a blog.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

You'd need a dedicated server for something like that. I don't think you need Raid-10 though since you only have 50GB of space. You could go with a dedicated server with 2 x 120GB SSD in raid-1, 1Gbps connection and you'd have very good performance and videos would load very quick. How much traffic does your site/videos get?
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Server Solutions
    Specializing in Managed NVMe VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by nodestack-uk View Post
    errrr no shared hosting won't work

I'd say you will want a 1gps port speed on a youtube style service and a CDN always helps with video content.

Due to the port speed requirement I'd say a dedicated server would be best for your needs. You'll need to check a providers policy on adult content tho.
    Yeah you definitely need your own server (NO SHARED HOSTING) here. Also I recommend to get hosting from an 'adult' friendly host. There are lots of them but just make sure it's not shared. Ofcourse I need to see one of these videos first to give you a proper diagnosis

Quote Originally Posted by EricLow View Post
    Ofcourse I need to see one of these videos first to give you a proper diagnosis
    That gave me a good chuckle.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Shared hosting won't work. CDN would be useful.
    A dedicated server with 1gbps port would be ideal. Plenty of providers who allow adult content.
    The exact choice would also come down to your budget. You could work out what your typical monthly usage/budget is and then get a more appropriate recomendation

Reply of the week

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    That gave me a good chuckle.
    Has to qualify as 'best reply of 2018' so far.

@Editorialz, @kpmedia - Thanks guys