dedicated server or VPS

Hello guys,

I would like to know what is the best option for hosting clients, i mean is it better to host all clients directly on dedicated server or to virtualize the server and split the clients info few vps? If the virtualization its better option what is the best virtualization software to use?

VPS is fine and I would go for KVM.

If you are just starting, I would start from reseller hosting then grow from there.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Reseller hosting account to start off and maybe the next step better off the VPS, if you you know how to manage the server and wish to have more power and options than VPS will be better.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Thanks for the answers guys, but I think that you didn't understand my question.
    I'm starting with dedicated server because I would like to sell VPS plans also and I am willing to hire server management company to take care of the issues. I would like to know what is the better way:
    1. Install cpanel with CentOS directly to the dedicated server and host all customers there.
    2.Install virtualization software and deploy vps and install cpanel to host the clients (this way i can reduce the number of clients per vps for example 200 clients per vps)?

If you're just starting off, a VPS is fine. Depending on your growth, how many clients, and resources each client sites uses will affect how many you can fit on the server. Most web hosts provide managed VPS plans where they'll handle the server management side of things.

You can go for dedicated server + cloudlinux + litespeed for a good performance.

If you want to start selling VPS plans you can start reselling managed servers instead of hiring third-party companies.

This is my personal opinion.
    Good luck!

If you virtualize the dedicated server you need to pay for multiple cPanel or other application licenses, also server resources will be consumed for virtualization application. I would go for dedicate server with raid.
    iServerSupport.com
    Monthly Server support includes- 24x7 monitoring,Unlimited Admin hours,Security Audit
    Most affordable and Dedicated server support team- Request a Quote now !!
    http://iserversupport.com Email sales@iserversupport.com Skype: iserversupport

Entire dedicated server will save resources, but VPS will give you isolated containers and a kind of freedom with migrations (or live migrations) of VM.

I personally vote for virtualization. KVM is much better in isolating VMs (support both Linux and Windows containers), you will avoid resources leaking. But OpenVZ is very simple to operate (support only Linux containers), if you have typical containers there shouldn't be any problems.
    EUROPEAN NETWORKS -- www.en.ee
    VPS / Dedicated Servers / Colocation / Private Cloud
    DE/EE Locations - HP/Supermicro Hardware - Great Support
    Facebook: fb.com/EuropeanNetworks

Keep in mind that you can (somewhat) clone the virtualization aspect of a VPS with CloudLinux. From limiting resource usage to the client's own virtual environment as it were. This is probably the better approach to a ton of VPS'

What you guys think about installing CentOS with KVM on my dedicated server, then deploy VPS with good performance and install cloudlinux and cpanel for shared webhosting clients and with the other resources of my dedicated server i can offer linux vps plans? and what you guys think about server configuration how manu clients and vps's can be hosted on my configuration?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1270v6 - 4c/8t - 3.8GHz /4.2GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400 MHz
    Disk: SoftRaid 2x450GB SSD NVMe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badijala View Post
    What you guys think about installing CentOS with KVM on my dedicated server, then deploy VPS with good performance and install cloudlinux and cpanel for shared webhosting clients and with the other resources of my dedicated server i can offer linux vps plans? and what you guys think about server configuration how manu clients and vps's can be hosted on my configuration?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1270v6 - 4c/8t - 3.8GHz /4.2GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400 MHz
    Disk: SoftRaid 2x450GB SSD NVMe

Thanks
    I *guess* the whole server dedicated to shared hosting may bring more revenue (and less headaches) than allocating part of it to sell a few unmanaged cheap VPS. BTW do you have the IPs?
    Last edited by dotHostel; 01-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Yes i do have the IPs and i would like to sell unmanaged VPS, but im not sure if my plan is good?

Quote Originally Posted by badijala View Post
    Yes i do have the IPs and i would like to sell unmanaged VPS, but im not sure if my plan is good?
    Technically is doable. It is a business decision.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

I think this way i will be able to offer Shared Webhosting + VPS plans on 1 dedicated server because i think the resources of the server are not bad for startup and also i can save on software license on the begining like for cpanel and other software that is cheaper for VPS? Please every opinion is very importat for me if this plan is not good tell me what is the best opinin?