I need low or non cost ideas for vps marketing

Hello
    I will start my vps business in less than a month. i wanna do this as a reseller for a while. but if i want to do this with my own hardware it is obvious that i will need money and for make money i need customers but i dont have that much money . i need some ideas . assume this : i have enough time , knowledge and passion.

The issue with "reseller VPS plans" that they don't let you move your clients out of their network "easily" like how you can with Cpanel/WHM or something similar.

In fact the only way to move them out would to mitigate EVERY VM under the account.

May I suggest that you pick up an affordable SMALL node? If you look hard enough you can probably hit a box that is "usable" for at least a few VMs for no more than ~$100/month even if you need to toss in the VPS panel licensing.

Seeing that hosting has become more of a commodity over the last decade or so... is there a specific niche or specialty that you will be going after? Since you are just starting out and do not have the volume i assume you cannot compete on price.

Quote Originally Posted by aliinvis View Post
    Hello
    I will start my vps business in less than a month. i wanna do this as a reseller for a while. but if i want to do this with my own hardware it is obvious that i will need money and for make money i need customers but i dont have that much money . i need some ideas . assume this : i have enough time , knowledge and passion.
    I would recommend you to put some good business plan first and study how this hosting business run.

Get the feel of it first.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Hello
    I agree with @net. First, learn how to write a good, practical, realistic business plan. Don't spend any money until you have finished it.

When you are done with your business plan, you should have figured out that you do not have sufficient funds to get a VPS provider startup company running.

Imagine if you had said, "I will start my jet airplane construction business in less than a month. I'll rent a large manufacturing building for a while, but if I want to do this in my own building it is obvious that i will need money and for make money i need customers but i dont have that much money."

Obviously it costs more to start a jet airplane construction business than a reseller-based VPS business, but the idea is the same - you need a minimum amount of "seed money" to get your VPS business going. Less than the minimum and you guarantee failure. Time, knowledge, and passion alone cannot make money appear out of thin air. Find investors, work another job to save the seed money, or whatever.

Many well-funded companies fail. Basically, all underfunded companies fail.

Quote Originally Posted by vps_newbie View Post
    When you are done with your business plan, you should have figured out that you do not have sufficient funds to get a VPS provider startup company running.
    Many miss this key step due to not having a plan. Once the numbers are laid of what's needed and not focused on what they'll make, do they realize the business would have shut down before it opened.

Quote Originally Posted by vps_newbie View Post
    Time, knowledge, and passion alone cannot make money appear out of thin air.
    I would counter-argue this. Depending on the person and the profession, I've personally seen those 3 elements make a sustainable career that led to employing people...and with a few I know, going global with that career.

When others were playing games or being lazy, these people put time into their selves, to build their knowledge on their craft, with is what many would call passion. That knowledge and passion now has a big price tag connected to it...but they were also smart enough to not try and start at the level they're at now in one month. It's impossible in any industry.
    ██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
    Managed WordPress VPS & Managed WordPress Dedicated VPS Servers
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups
    Email: sales@wpcycle.com • Facebook: wpcycle • Twitter: wpcycle

Because of Cloud/Mass scale VPS hosters.I don't think it is good to start VPS business from scratch nowadays unless you are confident you will get clients. But most of the big clouds are mostly unmanaged or you need to pay huge amount to get management . So a good business would be providing managed services on top of infrastructure as infrastructure is now almost a monopoly of big players .

Managed stuff like High available shared hosting, High scalable shared hosting, where you capitalize on the extra step you go forward for the not so technical end user and have their web shops run successfully is a lurcative business area. There are softwares/plugins etc that will assist in you in this too.

Good luck!
    A U T O M 8 N . C O M
    High Available webstack for cPanel
    Active-Active redundancy and High Availability plugin for cPanel

Hello
    I agree with the idea for not reselling. You have few option.

1. Get small node and colo it for lower operation cost.
    2. Rent a dedicated server and see how it goes. No huge investment upfront for this option.

If you don't have a budget for spending on advertising, then you will be looking at relying on word of mouth.

Do you have a Facebook page, Twitter etc set up?

You can build up followers this way and if you can provide meaningful content that is valuable to your audience, you can turn this audience into customers of your business.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing Banner Ad Designer!
    Need banners? Visit our Website
    New Facebook Banner Ads! Bannaz.com/facebook