Multiple DKIM and SPF record

Hi All

Is it ok to have multiple SPF and DKIM records for a single domain? Can it create any issues for SEO, or IP blacklisting or making transactional mail as span.

Thanks

The best thing you can do is make sure the information in the records are correct. Such as your current host's IP or if you're using SendGrid. There shouldn't be "old" or "bad" entries in the records. But yes, you can have multiple and I don't believe it "hurts" your standing.

Hello, Multiple DKIMs will not cause a problem, however, I would advise against using multiple SPF as it can cause email blacklisting. Please take a look here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4408#section-3.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan[H4Y] View Post
    Hello, Multiple DKIMs will not cause a problem, however, I would advise against using multiple SPF as it can cause email blacklisting. Please take a look here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4408#section-3.1.2
    Thanks for clearing the doubt. So how can I connect to a new mail server and making sure, it is not marked as spam

A single spf record can contain a lot of information, multiple includes even. You shouldn't have any issues with just one.

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    A single spf record can contain a lot of information, multiple includes even. You shouldn't have any issues with just one.
    This is true, but to my understanding, multiple can cause a problem still.

OP How many providers are you planning to use?

This is true, but to my understanding, multiple can cause a problem still.

OP How many providers are you planning to use?
    Multiple strings in one DNS entry will not cause problems, multiple DNS entries will cause problems.
    However there is a limitation on how many characters.. rule of thumb is if there is under 450 characters it should fit in 1 packet. Some poorly designed clients will deny spf policies that do not fit in 1 packet. However other TXT entries can also affect this limit.

Your advice is correct but the current SPF RFC https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7208#section-3.2 says that "a domain name MUST NOT have multiple records.."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Multiple strings in one DNS entry will not cause problems, multiple DNS entries will cause problems.
    However there is a limitation on how many characters.. rule of thumb is if there is under 450 characters it should fit in 1 packet. Some poorly designed clients will deny spf policies that do not fit in 1 packet. However other TXT entries can also affect this limit.
    Another gotcha is the 10 DNS-lookup limit. If you're on G Suite, for example, they tell you to add
    Code:
    include:_spf.google.com
    which burns 4 of your 10 lookups because it nests 3 additional includes. If you're close to the limit and one of your providers makes a change to their policy, it could push you over the limit and cause your record to start failing.

A lot of SPF record check tools only verify your syntax and don't evaluate the number of DNS terms. Be sure to use one of the tools that includes your DNS lookup count.