Exclamation IMPORTANT file hosting servers

hi guys i got questions, how does the servers like rapidshare , megaupload .. etc work ?
    i mean what is the disk , ram , cpu , bandwith do they use .. ?
    is there any recommended host that get good prices ?

right now i'm hosting my website within the 1st month i exepect to need 1000 GB diskspace , and have 1000 vistor ( streaming per miniute )
    within each month i would need 1000 + GB

i do not have any idea about how many cpu or ram or bandwith would the vistor take .. thats why i'm asking you guys before i start my website .. i'm really in need to know .. if anybody have a knowledge please share with me?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewelia112 View Post
    hi guys i got questions, how does the servers like rapidshare , megaupload .. etc work ?
    i mean what is the disk , ram , cpu , bandwith do they use .. ?
    is there any recommended host that get good prices ?

right now i'm hosting my website within the 1st month i exepect to need 1000 GB diskspace , and have 1000 vistor ( streaming per miniute )
    within each month i would need 1000 + GB

i do not have any idea about how many cpu or ram or bandwith would the vistor take .. thats why i'm asking you guys before i start my website .. i'm really in need to know .. if anybody have a knowledge please share with me?
    They work by having Many Many Many Many Many servers. Way back in the day (when they got shut down in 2012), MegaUpload had 690 servers with LeaseWeb alone and around 1100 with Carpathia (now QTS). This is an extremely risky business to try and get into.

You are going to be hosting video to 1000 visitors at a time via one server? Even if you are streaming 720p at 1500kbps, that's going to be hard to pull off stably unless you get a 10Gbps port dedicated, or two servers on gigabit ports.
    ~Tyler Morrison~

"I like vending machines, because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that is achieves its maximum flavor potential." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Imthatguyhere View Post
    They work by having Many Many Many Many Many servers. Way back in the day (when they got shut down in 2012), MegaUpload had 690 servers with LeaseWeb alone and around 1100 with Carpathia (now QTS). This is an extremely risky business to try and get into.

You are going to be hosting video to 1000 visitors at a time via one server? Even if you are streaming 720p at 1500kbps, that's going to be hard to pull off stably unless you get a 10Gbps port dedicated, or two servers on gigabit ports.
    I'm really glad that you said 2 names companies that host un copyright things .. is there any other servers that do the samething ?

I'm really glad that you said 2 names companies that host un copyright things
    So, you plan to host illegal files for download?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Or there may have been a hint of sarcasm in that response but to answer the question - yes, there are file hosting sites that can be used for legitimate purposes. Really you could argue that any cloud storage solution can serve this purpose assuming they dont impose download caps (many do to prevent abuse).

@OP - This is nor really something I would advise doing as there is very little money to be made this late in the game as most of the ways that early sites used to make money have shunned fire sharing sites. You will also get a lot of abuse complaints/etc.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

I'm really glad that you said 2 names companies that host un copyright things .. is there any other servers that do the samething ?
    I named two companies that handled the data for one of the largest file sharing examples to ever have public information available on their infrastructure. I don't believe either was complicit in illegal activities. I also don't believe that MegaUpload did anything wrong as they were very active on shutting things down when reported but their data was seized anyway. That's kind of against the point. It shows the way one of the biggest ever examples hosted such a service, using many servers with gateway web-servers pointing to where the files were stored.
    ~Tyler Morrison~

"I like vending machines, because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that is achieves its maximum flavor potential." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Filehosting Needs Bandwidth Mostly. Ram & CPU can be Moderate i believe. According to your requirements, Also make sure you are using a server provider who Allow CDN
    Windows VPS, Dedicated Servers, Storage Servers
    SeedBox, CDN Solution, Streaming Servers
    GPU Servers, Inbuilt GPU or Dedicated | Both Possible
    Since 2013 | Reach Us - https://rootlayer.net/reach-us/

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    nah i'll not a host files to download just streaming .. i'm not sure that all of users will upload copyright content so that i need a host that will not shutdown my servers cuz wrong copyright .. ofc i'll be active to remove any copyright matriel as soon as someone report it !

You need to remove abused contents upon Receiving abuse reports/DMCA.

nah i'll not a host files to download just streaming .. i'm not sure that all of users will upload copyright content so that i need a host that will not shutdown my servers cuz wrong copyright .. ofc i'll be active to remove any copyright matriel as soon as someone report it !
    If you co-operate, That is fine but make sure it is not repeated again & again. This way, The Provider may suspend your server.

I think only russian servers fully ignore dmca. Netherlands and France is flexible. US is big no!!
    So I suggest you dont go with copyrighted materials. Just use hash check like dropbox

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemovies View Post
    I think only russian servers fully ignore dmca. Netherlands and France is flexible. US is big no!!
    So I suggest you dont go with copyrighted materials. Just use hash check like dropbox
    There's copyright law that can be used against you in most countries. If you have a host outside of the USA, they don't have a requirement to follow the DMCA, though many will take them as abuse reports or their local equivalent.
    ~Tyler Morrison~

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemovies View Post
    Seems most of the RU providers are not ignoring all DMCA contents. You need a very good budget for DMCA ignoring host because the provider will not face issues for your contents for free. (For example)