Thread: DDOS Threat

DDOS Threat

Hello,

I run a free hosting service on a reseller that uses UK Dedicated Servers Limited and I've had a DDOS Threat against the service, and I was wondering how good is UK Dedicated Servers DDOS Protection/Mitigation?

My main site won't be effected as it's on a different server, and they decided they are to scared to attack it, however they appear to be interested in DDOSing the nameservers that my clients reside on.

I'm not sure what the best course of action would be, or how safe the servers are from attacks. Regardless of an attack I've always got access to my clients data, my main website and my email system.

Thanks for any advice.
      0 Not allowed!

This is something you should talk to your provider about and find out if your protected by their network level ddos protection.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbar View Post
    This is something you should talk to your provider about and find out if your protected by their network level ddos protection.
    I was wondering if anyone else uses them and their experiences. Would it be better to post in dedicated hosting, as that's their main serfvice?
      0 Not allowed!

It's probably ok where it is. The Hosting security forum might be better suited. I do agree it's best to talk directly to your provider for specifics.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HivlyHost View Post
    Hello,

I run a free hosting service on a reseller that uses UK Dedicated Servers Limited and I've had a DDOS Threat against the service, and I was wondering how good is UK Dedicated Servers DDOS Protection/Mitigation?

My main site won't be effected as it's on a different server, and they decided they are to scared to attack it, however they appear to be interested in DDOSing the nameservers that my clients reside on.

I'm not sure what the best course of action would be, or how safe the servers are from attacks. Regardless of an attack I've always got access to my clients data, my main website and my email system.

Thanks for any advice.
    As far as I'm aware, they don't offer any ddos protection. You may want to contact them directly for clarification, or your reseller. They are likely not that safe from attacks, and you are at risk of being removed for abuse by your reseller if the attack is large enough. Make sure you have backups for all of the client websites and hope they don't have much power behind those threats.
    ~Tyler Morrison~

"I like vending machines, because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that is achieves its maximum flavor potential." ~ Mitch Hedberg
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
    It's probably ok where it is. The Hosting security forum might be better suited. I do agree it's best to talk directly to your provider for specifics.
    Hello,

The issue is that it's a reseller using them, and they aren't hugely reasponsive. Replies could take 6-12 hours, and the attack could occur before then.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HivlyHost View Post
    Hello,

The issue is that it's a reseller using them, and they aren't hugely reasponsive. Replies could take 6-12 hours, and the attack could occur before then.
    You should give your provider a heads up of a pending attack if you are aware of it, regardless of the circumstances.

On a side note, 6-12 hours? And you find that acceptable and continue using them?
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostMantis View Post
    You should give your provider a heads up of a pending attack if you are aware of it, regardless of the circumstances.

On a side note, 6-12 hours? And you find that acceptable and continue using them?
    Thanks for the advice.
      0 Not allowed!