Thread: Whm 7.1.0

Whm 7.1.0

Does anyone have a documentation on this? I looked at cpanels site and well the pictures they have don't match mine =/

The pictures are different as they are using an old skin but the documentation is pretty much the same.

Unfortunately the skins change often on cpanel & whm so the docs are a bit slow to catch up.

Alright thnx.

I am trying to edit the quotas for a test site and well i can't find it >_<

I am useing WHM X v2.1

ahh nvm, my reseller did'nt ahve those features added on nvm.

Is anyone willing to help me with WHM? Like he me step by step and such?

What is it you need to know??

I just need a basic run threw with making an account for my clients and such. I can figure out a little and I have read the Doc at cPanel but still mine is completely different =/

Creating account with Cpanel is very simple and you can do it 1 of two ways:

1) Create Manually
    2) Create Packages

Starting in reverse order with number 2, if your going to create the same package(s) on a regular basis then its best to set up some pre made packages.

Scroll down the menu until you come to packages and select

"Add Packages"

This bring up a screen entitled "create a new package"

Simply go through each one setting the options.

They are straight forward, once you have done this you then save the package and its stored in Cpanel for future use.

You an create as many packages as you like, I have 37 but thats becuase packages have changed over time and while customers are still on a particluar package you cant delete it.

Okay so you now have packages created you can use them to quickly create accounts.

Now back to item 1

Look down your menu in cpanel for "Account Functions"

In account functions you will find a host of options for managing accounts.

You can.....

create
    edit
    delete
    suspend

and much more....

So click on "create a new account"

This screen is pretty much similiar to the one use to create a package.

If your using a package you have already created then the only boes that need completed are

Domain
    Username
    Password

Once you complete these simply go to the "package" option at the bottom and select the package you want to create, then save.

Your account will now be created and thats it, you can view it using the "list accounts" option. You dont need packages set up, you can just enter account details here and create a 1 off package.

Assuming you have your DNS Zones all set up properly you wont need to do anything else.

Your customer will be able to then sign in to their account and start using cpanel.

You will want to populate you skeleton directory in cpanel as well so that a nice "reserved for a customer of ........" appears instead of a dead screen

I flew threw this, if its not clear let me know.

No it's really clear thanks.