Shared Hosting, well known company w free domain, free whois privacy, free SSL?

I am looking for a hosting company that has a good reputation, that most people have heard of, no fly-by-night. And would also like free domain if possible with annual signup, free SSL (let's encrypt is fine), and free whois protection for the free domain. Is there such a hosting provider?

Thank you very much for any help.

What's your disk space, bandwidth and location preference ?

Overige descuento

Quote Originally Posted by LJSHost View Post
    What's your disk space, bandwidth and location preference ?
    simple business card website, 50 visits a day max... so whatever on specs. location is anywhere U.S.
    Thanks!

One thing to keep in mind is that 'free domains' are not 'free' - you're paying for it, just not in a clear and concise way.

Same with WHOIS. There aren't many registrars these days that offer it for free so in one way or another you're paying for it even if it isn't shown as a line-item on your invoice.

That said - even at $20/year for a domain with WHOIS protection you're talking about $1.67/mo - it's not exactly a large sum of money - and you can get domains cheaper than that .

Furthermore - any provider offering a "free" domain - ask them what happens to the domain should you cancel the service, who owns the domain, and what you have to pay for the domain if you do cancel - assuming they give you that option.

Maybe you'll find what you're looking for.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by rickme View Post
    simple business card website, 50 visits a day max... so whatever on specs. location is anywhere U.S.
    Thanks!
    I'd recommend MDDhosting or hawkhost. Both have Let's Encrypt SSL and locations in the USA. I'd recommend getting your own domain with protection and whatnot and not one from the host. I use Namecheap for personal sites and they are always good.
    ~Tyler Morrison~

"I like vending machines, because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that is achieves its maximum flavor potential." ~ Mitch Hedberg

You have mentioned just all addon services. How much storage and bandwidth do you need? Will you host any CMS? Will it be a blog or business site?
    VernalWeb - Web Hosting Crafted with Excellence
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Dedicated | Domains
    24/7 Technical Support | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Days Refund Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by rickme View Post
    I am looking for a hosting company that has a good reputation, that most people have heard of, no fly-by-night. And would also like free domain if possible with annual signup, free SSL (let's encrypt is fine), and free whois protection for the free domain. Is there such a hosting provider?

Thank you very much for any help.
    I like to think Free SSL's are pretty standard nowadays. Although some hosts might offer a free domain name with privacy protection, this will ultimately depend on your budget, which I do not believe you have mentioned?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that 'free domains' are not 'free' - you're paying for it, just not in a clear and concise way.

Same with WHOIS. There aren't many registrars these days that offer it for free so in one way or another you're paying for it even if it isn't shown as a line-item on your invoice.

That said - even at $20/year for a domain with WHOIS protection you're talking about $1.67/mo - it's not exactly a large sum of money - and you can get domains cheaper than that .

Furthermore - any provider offering a "free" domain - ask them what happens to the domain should you cancel the service, who owns the domain, and what you have to pay for the domain if you do cancel - assuming they give you that option.

Maybe you'll find what you're looking for.
    Those are some great points in regards to a free domain name. Don't let the provider hold your domain hostage; it happens all the time.
    IO Zoom
    https://www.iozoom.com

I think that you should split your hosting and domain name between 2 providers. Use a website like domcomp to find the cheapest domain name, and then check the offers section for a web hosting provider. You can use Lets Encrypt or Cloudflare for SSL.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetHost_Tom View Post
    I think that you should split your hosting and domain name between 2 providers. Use a website like domcomp to find the cheapest domain name, and then check the offers section for a web hosting provider. You can use Lets Encrypt or Cloudflare for SSL.
    Agree with it, Just make sure, in process of free service, you might lose the quality technical support so make sure while searching for hosting provider and domain registrar, you should know their support quality first.

Just purchase your own Domain. Too many issues can arise when you "think" you're getting a "free" domain.