Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertising forums removed

Hi,

I would like to add a suggestion, how about removing the advertising forum?

I think many hosts (not anyone in particular) just use this forum for advertising purposes.

If users want a package they can post in the general forum and clients of hosts can only reccomend hosts.

The forum is loosing its status, its turning into a commercial forum where hosts just use it gain clients. I personally am never going to post a ad again in the advertising forum.

What are your views? No flames please.

i dont think this is such a good idea ,
    this way the other forums will be flooded .
    Ben,

I think they should stay. It's a good place for customers to ask for offers. At worst, maybe hosts starting advertisements should be stopped. I think customers get better deals because of the advertising forums and the ability to advertise a WHT special. Which should help in bringing new visitors to WHT.

I think there is to much commerical gain on the posts on WHT, most hosts just post so they can advertise there signature with 1 word replies etc.. I think one of gethosted's ideas is great, hosts cannot start new threads but post offers.

Just gotta make sure you know... I don't even like my own idea. That was worst case scenario.
    I do think they are fine the way they are. If some hosts prosper out of it, I don't mind.

I think it's fine the way it is. If anything, something like SitePoint where you need to have 20 posts (I believe) before you can post an ad is reasonable.

(PS: 250 posts, yeehaw)

Talking

You've been awake for way too long

You said that we should remove the advertising forums, because people only use them for advertising...

Doesn't make sense does it...

There is nothing wrong with the advertising forum. Not only host's gain from it, members of WHT get great deals on web hosting. Now, what's wrong with that?

Hehe i don't sleep, could be the reason, thats not what i meant. I mean most hosts just signup on WHT and get the posts up so they can post ads its all for there commercial gain and not for the gain of the forum. WHT is not for commercial gain, didnt one of the admins say that?

I think it would be a good idea to make some changes since WHT is going to have its own webhosting directory soon as Matt named in another thread. I'm not suggesting any specific changes, whatever everyone thinks is the best.
    (SH)Saeed

Not really what everyone thinks best, but WHAT MATT thinks best as he owns the board

Re: Advertising forums removed

Originally posted by Hostexp
    I think many hosts (not anyone in particular) just use this forum for advertising purposes.
    As has been said by others, that's the point.

WHT is not for commercial gain, didnt one of the admins say that?

Correct, although we aren't anti-hosts (as some may think), nor anti-advertising (as some may think). To keep spam off the main forums, we've given everyone (both members who are hosts and members looking for a host), a place to post offers and/or requests and interact directly with other members of the forums who can provide these services.

As far as changes when the new site is officially launched, I don't know about that.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Ive never posted an advertisement in there - I have responded to 1 or 2, but that is it
    back from the dead

heh, which forum do you particapate at nick?

Originally posted by Hostexp
    heh, which forum do you particapate at nick?
    none - too busy
    back from the dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast