Arrow another paypal question

1 - Say if i know that transaction by credit card is a fraud (stolen credit card) and want to reject the payment , is there such an option like that in paypal ? I've never had this problem but would like to know for my future reference.

2 - I've heard about frozen accounts because of chargeback or whatever happened ....but anyway, while your account is frozen, meaning you can't log in to check acct, make payment, and such BUT can you still receive money from other people ?

any help would be appreciated

Don't know about #1, as I've never used Paypal... But from what I've read, I believe for #2 your entire account is fozen. i.e., If its your only means of accepting payments, you are affectively out of business. But I could be wrong...

From what I have read paypal will only freeze the account if you don't have enough funds in your account to cover the chargeback. I could be wrong about this so please dont hold me to it. Maybe trying to do a search for "paypal chargebacks" might get you some more information.

very simple, never use PayPal!

paypal will only freeze the account if you don't have enough funds in your account to cover the chargeback.
    YES. If you business is legit, you will never have problem with paypal. That period.
    ◊ James | sales@vnpixel.com |
    ◊ aim: vnpixel • msn: support@vnpixel.com • yahoo: vn_pixel
    ◊ http://www.vnpixel.com

I do agree, the complaints come from people that don't keep any money in their account because they transfer it into a bank account the moment they get it and offer no refunds.

Then there's the story about the fellow who was on vacation and wanted to cehck his paypal account balance ($10,000 iirc) and had his account frozen becasue they figured since it wasn't from the IP block he normally works from it was an attempt at fraudulent access.

The veracity of this I'm not entirely sure of of but it was here on WHT sometime back. It precipitated a good long thread.
    "Obsolesence is just a lack of imagination."

Re: another paypal question

Originally posted by eHosty

1 - Say if i know that transaction by credit card is a fraud (stolen credit card) and want to reject the payment , is there such an option like that in paypal ? I've never had this problem but would like to know for my future reference.

2 - I've heard about frozen accounts because of chargeback or whatever happened ....but anyway, while your account is frozen, meaning you can't log in to check acct, make payment, and such BUT can you still receive money from other people ?

1. Use the refund payment option if you know its a fake or stolen CC. Report the user to Paypal. They take fraud accounts seriously and will help you stop fraud. I have done this a few times over the last year.

2. If it is frozen no money can come in or out of the account. If you are legit and run a honest business you will never have to worry about paypal. I have had several charge backs, and never once have I lost the account. Just do as they say when a charge back happens. They have steps for you to follow, and most ppl who have frozen accounts did not do ask they asked.

-Steve
    Something goes here....I'm sure of it...

thanks Steve for your words

Glad to help.

=)

-Steve
    Something goes here....I'm sure of it...

You can use the refund button for up to 30 days for any reason.
    • Ddos, DOS, Brute force protection • White Label Reseller Hosting. • Proactive Server Management
    • 20+ years experience! • sales@uncensored-hosting.com
    Uncensored-Hosting • X @UncensoredHost

thank you

Don't use PayPal, you will lose you moeny. They limit client's account by their foolish judgement, you could never understand them.

i wouldn't use paypal. i was doing business with paypal and i was selling virtual items. i had no protection what so ever. one week i started to receive a lot of chargebacks. and paypal froze my account. my account cant receive anymoney and i still have a -600.00 on that account that has happened over a few months because of chargebacks. paypal really doesnt care about their merchants they want the customers who purchase using paypal to be happy. i wouldnt recommend them for anything but ebay auctions.