One domain name for multiple email platforms?

Hey guys,

I have GoDaddy's 365 email with my domain. I have 3 accounts that are still valid. I am also building a website (at a different host) and I would like to also receive emails using cPanel mail. Is it possible to set this up so that I can receive email at both places? I know traditionally I would point my nameservers to my host and add MX records and point them to my Office 365 accounts, but this will stop any mail coming to my cPanel account. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to waste the year that I have on my Office 365 accounts, but I need to add more emails.

Quote Originally Posted by jc102 View Post
    I have GoDaddy's 365 email with my domain. I would like to also receive emails using cPanel mail.
    As you said already, the emails for your domain will be directed to where your MX is pointing at.. so if your highest priority MX (with lowest preference number) is pointed to Office 365 then your emails will only go there... There is a whole other topic of mail server load balancing and assigning multiple MX with same preference number, etc which I think does not fit into what you are trying to achieve.

I came up with somewhat of a solution. I'm going to use mail on a subdomain so that I can utilize both until the GoDaddy one's expire.

Quote Originally Posted by jc102 View Post
    I came up with somewhat of a solution. I'm going to use mail on a subdomain so that I can utilize both until the GoDaddy one's expire.
    Sure... that will work too... In the interim, if you give out your sub-domain email addresses a lot and you want those email addresses to be valid in the future, make sure you setup the same sub-domain structure in the future (after your GoDaddy's domain expires) and allow mail forwarding.