hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : JUNE BUSINESS

Forum Jump

JUNE BUSINESS

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2000, 01:21 AM
James

Question

After doing nothing different with our web site we are noticing a slow down in sign ups this month that is not quite matching traffic to the site. Everything is same as last 5 months and traffic is same but sign ups are much lower.

Is June typically a slow month for other hosting companies?

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2000, 05:12 PM
Disabled

Hello,

We are actually experiencing more sign-ups this month than normally.
The months March and April were bad months for us.

There might be some signs of the "summer-rest" coming up, I wouldn't know any other explanation.

Boksoft

[This message has been edited by Boksoft (edited 06-21-2000).]

Old 06-23-2000, 05:46 PM

James,
We are having a big increase in sign ups. I also agree, it may be because of the summer.

------------------
Regards,
Jay Betancourt
http://www.ForgetMonthlyFees.com
Never pay for web hosting again!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2000, 04:37 AM
Junior Guru

I don't really know for sure, but I'm guessing the reason is due to the summer. I suspect that the majority of web hosts' business in the shared hosting market comes from the home enthusiast. During Winter, and the long Winter nights, people are more likely to spend long times online, as it beats going out in the cold. Whereas in summer, people are more likely to stay out late, in the Sun, instead of staring at a computer screen.

Just a theory. I know it works with me (my online costs are greater in Winter than Summer).

Old 07-12-2000, 06:44 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Yep, it's the summer... Slows things down from May towards July. IT in general slows down in july people hesitate to take commitments and to make up for it they speed up in August.

Old 07-21-2000, 04:19 PM

I agree,
So far, June/July has been the slowest period since I can remember. I find myself with too much time on my hands... =( ... I've been told (as stated) that the summer months in the IT industry stink! Though, that makes sense... most of my competition (as well as myself) markets to the end user, so the IT theory is out .... <sigh> ... any ideas on what to do with boring days?!

------------------
If you're looking for
competitve hosting,
give us a look!

Old 07-25-2000, 02:46 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

We've maintained a pretty steady 190-225 sign-ups a month so far. One reason you may see a shift is the search engines have sprung back to life, updating much more frequently, shifting results around. 75% of our sign-ups are SE generated and we've actually held our rankings - which we think accounts for steady sign-ups.

------------------
Chris Marks
KBS Web Hosting
http://www.netfronts.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Join StorPool and the WHIR to Learn How Better Storage will Make Your Hosting Business More Successful Blog 2014-06-09 15:23:33
Small Business Expo – New York City – June 12, 2014 Web Hosting Events 2014-05-20 10:28:13
Better Storage, Better Business Webinars 2014-06-13 10:08:54
Nominet Pilot Program Hopes to Help SMBs Combat Cyber Threats with Support, Advice Web Hosting News 2014-02-07 15:12:39
Interview: WebsPlanet and Verio Talk SMB Needs at HostingCon Whir Tv 2014-05-02 14:46:21