hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Is the $199 fee worth it to be listed with Yahoo?

Forum Jump

Is the $199 fee worth it to be listed with Yahoo?

View Poll Results: Is the $199 fee worth it to be listed with Yahoo?
Absolutely YES! 8 20.00%
Yes 8 20.00%
No 8 20.00%
Absolutely NOT! 16 40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

The subject pretty much says it all:

I realize that the $199 doesn't necessarily guarantee placement in Yahoo!. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the fee you paid? Why or why not?

Take care,

Brian

:: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

Sponsored Links
Old
A#* Duke Of New York

Im a mabey. It depends. WIll you get good placement, ie, name start with a low letter? Are there a lot in your catagory. I did this before and was rejected because it was not viewable in netscape OPE:

Old
WHT Addict

Its centainly worth it.

Is it worth it?
Ofcourse it is.

But the most important thing is to find a good catagory.
Some of the catagories i'm interested in send about 6000 clicks per month and I think that $199 can be covered in the first week

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

I have added several of my sites to yahoo categories and its worth it. consider all the high quality traffic you get from Yahoo over one year and weigh it against the $199.
No business can afford not to be listed on yahoo.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I think it is worth it. Even if you don't get great listings, other search engines look at who else is linking to you and if their are links coming from large portals, it helps your ranking in their search engine as well. I am not a search engine expert but that's how I understand it.

http://www.perfectpresence.com

Old
Web Hosting Master

oh yea... very good and high traffic.

if you got the money - go for it.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Can someone please provide a link with more info about this?

I currently spend about $300 every 3 days with goto and would like to see what Yahoo has to offer.

Old
Disabled

I would not consider Yahoo as a replacement for Goto but an enhancement of your existing marketing strategy.

We use both Yahoo and Goto. Goto we use at certain times, not every month, we try different methods. We average $2300.00 a month when we do Goto. Yes, we see increased sales but the traffic is not always a good value, many are just just clicking.

With Yahoo you will probably not see as much traffic as from Goto, depends on what category section your in. With yahoo you will pay much less and will NOT see all the friggin fraudulent click throughs that you get from Goto. Until Goto.com stops paying websites to click through, we will not consider it a good value. At yahoo your users are coming to you for good reason, not to make money on a click.

Old
Disabled

One word: YEP!

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
We use both Yahoo and Goto. Goto we use at certain times, not every month, we try different methods. We average $2300.00 a month when we do Goto. Yes, we see increased sales but the traffic is not always a good value, many are just just clicking.
I'd be interested to hear your experience with Goto (posted here or PM). I've had almost no luck with them, and the stress of the watching money go down the drain because of fradulent clicks...

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

I started using Google and took advice from somebody who is getting 10+ signups a day from Google, I'm seeing more questions and such, and higher traffic, but not a high increase in sales.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad

WOW!! $2300/month with Goto? How many search terms do you have? We have bids on over 40 terms and spend barely $1 per day.

What are you doing to get such clickthrough response?

Take care,

Brian

:: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

Old
Disabled

hmm

This may sound lame.
but 199$ to be listed where?

I dont see any special listings.

or maybe working all through the past 36hours has gotten to me.

thanks either way
T.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by RunOfTheMill
This may sound lame.
but 199$ to be listed where?

I dont see any special listings.

or maybe working all through the past 36hours has gotten to me.

thanks either way
T.
$199 (non refundable, i think?) just to get -hopefully- listed. The $199 basically only guarantees that someone from yahoo will take a look at your site and -maybe- include it in the index

Old
A#* Duke Of New York

I forgot the address because it was so long ago. Its called buissnessexpress or something in that area. Basicly, instead of wating 3 months to get listed in yahoo, they take a look at your site within a week. If you do not pass, they give you 30 days to improve.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Yahoo Relaunches Small Business-Centered Ecommerce Platform Yahoo Stores Web Hosting News 2014-08-14 15:09:53
Yahoo Mail Usernames, Passwords Stolen in Third-Party Database Breach Web Hosting News 2014-01-31 12:27:37
Yahoo Will Encrypt All Data Moving Between its Data Centers Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 16:16:19
Yahoo Launches Week-Long Domainapalooza to Auction More than 100 Premium Domains Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 11:05:27
Yahoo Site Visits Surpass Google for First Time Since 2011: comScore Report Web Hosting News 2013-08-22 16:01:33