Cool Comments on Hurricane Electric

I would like to know what people's opinions/experiences are with Hurricane Electric.

How high can your server(s) burst?

How responsive/helpful are their technical support?

And, what do you think of their facility?

Thanks

I know they have two facilities. They are pushing the (new?) Freemont CA one.

Are you in Seattle? I have a Seattle customer who is considering he.net too.

They seem expensive to me, not sure if they are worth it.

They have a very fast network! I have never heard of any problems with them.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Cool

I live north of Seattle.

I was thinking about getting a cabinet in their Fremont, CA facility.

But, if their bandwidth prices are very high I'll get a cabinet in Seattle.

I used to use them for shared hosting. I don't recommend them for that because their prices are high on their shared plans, but I still think highly of the company.
    While I was a customer I never had any trouble getting them on the phone (though I never called at odd hours). I had a problem with their billing once and I had no trouble getting someone in their billing department on the phone. They corrected the error promptly (and the guy on the phone was very pleasant).

PS I'm not sure how "new" the facility in Freemont is. I'm pretty sure it has been open for well over a year.

I colocate with them.

Pretty good.

I work with Matt Leber mattl@he.net, super guy that definitely knows what he is talking about. I wil be co-locating a server at their fremont facility the 1st of august. They sell bandwidht in 128K increments, not by the GB. I guess i should say they sell bandwidth not data transfer.

Tracy Phillips

JTY -- I have a customer here in Seattle (I'm dong the legwork for)... he has a firewall (1u) and a server (1u) that we want on the west cost (Seattle, Portland, California).

I've found seattle ISP's to just be too expensive. I'd love to hear who are considering up here. e-mail me off forum if you want ( Stephen@RoundSparrow.com ).