Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Administration !

When clients are posting about the host providing bad service, you should set in the rules that they provide a few details or they do not have a right to post about the host, such has orderid, email, username & domain, both sides should be heard before judging by the members of this forums or the members shouldnt have the right to judge at all.

I have seen this happen in the past, simple attacks with no details of who they are, and most of them dont even contact the host before posting here.
    I am definetly disgusted with this behaviour.

I like the way geektalk runs it. The complainer is only allowed one post to complain and give the whole story and the host is allowed one post to explain or whatever. Also no one else can comment on the thread.

See http://www.geekvillage.com/posting_guide_for_bb.htm

People are going to complain. It's just the nature of humans, I suppose
    It is so much easier, it seems, to announce your displeasure with something than it is to proclaim a joy.
    I understand that as a company you feel that it is bad public relations to have a customer speak lowly of you.
    But; how much better to you feel when you show they are wrong?

I doubt strongly that your suggestion could work. Aside from having a private room with someone serving as judge and jury. And then posting the information after the verdict is in.

Don't get me wrong. . . . .I hate hearing all that negative crap from someone that just didn't get it

But I think they have a right to speak it.
    And, remember me??. . . . I like ya!!

Well, in a host/customer sorta way
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

They may have a right to speak, but on WHT its usually the client who gets supported more then the HOST even though the client is WRONG, because the majority of members on WHT are hosts, they see it as a advantage to go against the host and go with the client to snatch them up some clients.

Regards,
    HostEXP

Originally posted by Hostexp
    on WHT its usually the client who gets supported more then the HOST even though the client is WRONG, because the majority of members on WHT are hosts, they see it as a advantage to go against the host and go with the client to snatch them up some clients.
    Do you really think so? Maybe I am naive, but I think most clients wouldn't like a host who is bashing another host.

Well, sometimes a person feels that he has to warn the others not to use a company which provides a bad service, but due to legal problems he cannot reveal the whole story...
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Yes BUT the client isn't right 100% of the time, the host also has a side to the story to add. Most people usually think the client is right and take sides usually the hosts do this as i have seen, so both sides should be heard not only the clients.

Unlike host reviews in web hosting directories the forum enables the company owner to respond.
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Originally posted by JeremyL
    I like the way geektalk runs it. The complainer is only allowed one post to complain and give the whole story and the host is allowed one post to explain or whatever. Also no one else can comment on the thread.

See http://www.geekvillage.com/posting_guide_for_bb.htm
    This is something I've been having a good think about for some time. It has a no. of advantages in that :

1. Noise ratio is completely cut out and stupid comments/biased judgements from other users are reduced.

2. Allows both sides to come clean with their side of the story (which is always the preferred method, but some parties seem to shy away from this).

I'll keep having a good think about this.....
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

Originally posted by BC

This is something I've been having a good think about for some time. It has a no. of advantages in that :

1. Noise ratio is completely cut out and stupid comments/biased judgements from other users are reduced.

2. Allows both sides to come clean with their side of the story (which is always the preferred method, but some parties seem to shy away from this).

I'll keep having a good think about this.....
    Well I hope you give it a good long think.
    I've seen many threads that one post/ one reply would not be able to solve the question; whether good or bad.
    Besides, I have gained a higher level of respect for hosts that can present themselves reasonable while in the heat of battle.

Why let the host or customer off with limiting them to one post each? I know I wouldnt like it and thats why I do not visit geekvillage.com. Thats why SI only uses that board now. They rip a guy off, the guy posts to complain, SI posts that the guy cheated and gives no proof that the guy did. End of story and SI gets away with more crookedness.

I really hope you do not start something like this because this is why I come to this site. Guess I can always go to one of the 100+ other boards popping up that are just like this one if you do.
    John
    http://www.zurax.com
    http://www.jwshosting.com

BTW to all customers, I would never go with a host that supports something like this.
    John

Originally posted by venomx
    BTW to all customers, I would never go with a host that supports something like this.
    Supports what? Something that keeps other hosts from hoping on a complaint thread and making matters worse by piling stuff on when they are the competition and not a customer?

This forum is still a pretty good resource, but the main issue I have with it is hosts attacking other hosts when they are not involved in a situation and know nothing first hand.

Originally posted by AnIdiot Well I hope you give it a good long think.
    I've seen many threads that one post/ one reply would not be able to solve the question; whether good or bad.

I have gained a higher level of respect for hosts that can present themselves reasonable while in the heat of battle.
    When you say alot of issues can't be resolved with just the two posts. You are right. But the question is, is WHT here to be a mediator and resolve disputes or here for info that people can look up and rely on. Dispute resolution is something that should be done between the host and the client via email or on the phone. If the client isn't satisfied with the outcome they can post their disatisfaction as a complaint. If an issue is going to get resolved by a customer complaining it will not take a whole thread to do it. If the host is going to make the customer happy after reading the thread, it will happen right away. The only thing that takes more than one post and one response is the endless back and fourth accusations that degrade the quality of these forums.

That staement says it all "Heat of Battle". By responding in an open forum to negative comments about our companies, we open ourselves up to way more than is necessary to solve an issue. If I am going to answer a negative post about my company (which I rarely will) the only thing I am going to say is please email me so I can make it right if I feel there is a way to make the customer happy. But trying to argue with a customer and tell them they are wrong just causes more troubles than if you just let the thread go by and ignore it. I will use BurstNET for example. They seem to reply and deny most all negative threads about them on this board. And as a result, they have a really high number of negative threads on this board. All because they choose to answer them all and people know they will get a response here. I say the best way to win the war is not fight the battles.

I know of at least one large host who posts here regularly who won't tell anyone which host he is with and doesn't want customers from the forums even due to this type of thing.
    Last edited by JeremyL; 07-25-2001 at 12:06 PM.

Well stop other hosts from posting to that type of post.

If you support the way BC is thinking about you must have something to hide. To limit a complaint to one post and one reply by the host is silly and only helps host abuse their users and get more users to abuse.
    John

originally posted by JeremyL
    I say the best way to win the war is not fight the battles
    Can we at least agree to disagree??

I am not a host. I currently utilize the services of five different hosts.
    Just trying to find one I can get along with.
    I chose two of these hosts (I already had the other three) for the reasons I stated earlier.
    I admired the way they conducted themselves in a negative post. Whether it be one directed at them; or a different host entirely.
    There are some hosts I ruled out because of the way they treated other hosts. You would deny this option?
    To see how a company responds to adverse conditions?
    I think threads initiated by unhappy customers are an invaluable tool to both the host and potential customers.

Long live dissension!!

AnIdiot,

Your right, we can agree to disagree
    But thats the positive side of the board. We can have a discussion, disagree strongly or agree. It's all the same and no one is flamed or put down. But what you say you are doing by wanting to see which hosts will revert to such tactics is using the bad to get a good outcome. This is admirable but I personally would rather not have the bad. I think alot of hosts would agree. If they had a choice between being slammed by another host without cause and hoping someone as intelegent as yourself would see through it and not use the host doing the slamming and not getting slammed at all. I think mosts hosts would decide not to get slammed by other hosts ever. JMHO

Originally posted by JeremyL
    AnIdiot,

Your right, we can agree to disagree
    But thats the positive side of the board. We can have a discussion, disagree strongly or agree. It's all the same and no one is flamed or put down. But what you say you are doing by wanting to see which hosts will revert to such tactics is using the bad to get a good outcome. This is admirable but I personally would rather not have the bad. I think alot of hosts would agree. If they had a choice between being slammed by another host without cause and hoping someone as intelegent as yourself would see through it and not use the host doing the slamming and not getting slammed at all. I think mosts hosts would decide not to get slammed by other hosts ever. JMHO

All the more reason to supply superb customer service

BTW. . . .Anyone looking for an unknowledgeable Customer Relations Rep?

Hmm, what has this got to do with SIC? Standardinternet corp is a reliable company and always pays up to there affiliates.

So what do you mean by the comment below? the client is always right? seems to fit into my other posts where other hosts usually support the client that is having trouble with the host.. Like a bread crumbs and 100 ants.

I think the way geekvillage is run is a excellent way of hearing both stories to the case and usually resolves the issue.

I just used them as an example for they do not pay and cover it up on the web boards. Look they dont post here and on Peo's boards they have him delete threads that say they do not pay.

If you do not cheat people or ignore your customers then you have no need to worry about bad posts about you here or other places.

Hostexp why you want this so bad? Got something to hide?
    John

No i don't have something to hide, BUT OTHER HOSTS have no right to reply to a thread when a client is complaining.

I just used them as an example for they do not pay and cover it up on the web boards. Look they dont post here and on Peo's boards they have him delete threads that say they do not pay.

If you do not cheat people or ignore your customers then you have no need to worry about bad posts about you here or other places.

Hostexp why you want this so bad? Got something to hide?

I agree. Make a rule against it. But dont limit how many times the customer and host can reply...
    John

Well, I sure hope that WHT doesn't initiate any rules whereby hosts cannot propose solutions to another company's problem.
    Isn't that why this forum was formed?
    For hosts to gain valuable insights from other hosts?

As in "The customer is not always 100% correct", then too, "The host is not always 100% correct."
    There could very well be a problem that the host has overlooked, or was somehow unaware of that created the disagreement with the customer. Resolution may be simple, but not seen; except from the perspective of another host.

Sure there are some hosts that are all too eager to fan the flames when there is a customer complaining.
    Maybe some action should be taken against those that consistently resort to such tactics.

So, still; my vote is for the continuing public posting of consumer complaints.

Customer: Host XYZ screwed up when they didnt do this...

Host: We couldnt see anything wrong.. etc...

Host2: Hey we had that problem and heres what we did...

Thats ok now if Host2 came in and flamed then take action against that host...
    John

Customer: Host XYZ screwed up when they didnt do this...

Host: We couldnt see anything wrong.. etc...

Host2: Hey we had that problem and heres what we did...

Thats ok now if Host2 came in and flamed then take action against that host...

That's what I'm saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast