* ttWebHost stealing website content!

Rip: http://www.ttwebhost.com/resellers.html
    Orginal: http://www.rochen.com/index.php?zone=reseller

Our version (original):
    Reseller Hosting Control Panel (Web Host Manager - WHM)
    The Web Host Manager (WHM) allows you to take complete control over both your own and client's websites. You can add, remove and modify any of your domains within your Reseller Hosting plan directly from this central control panel. WHM puts Reseller Hosting plans from Rochen ahead of the rest.
    ttWebHost version (rip):
    Reseller Control Panel (Web Host Manager - WHM)
    The Web Host Manager (WHM) provides you with complete control over your own and your client's accounts. You can add, modify and delete any domains within your Reseller Hosting plan from this central control panel. WHM puts Reseller Hosting plans from ttWebHost ahead of the rest.
    Also notice, most of the text from under 'Included With Every Reseller Plan' is also a direct copy from ours

There were several other sections of text throughout the site, which were copied from us. However, I spoke to Andy Prevost, the owner and he claimed they were taken from 'Dedicated NOW', his server supplier. After making it quite clear to him they weren't, ttWebHost is continuing to violate our copyright

Just waiting to see if these sections are removed, before I head over and report this to Steve, at Pegasus's abuse department.

While a small copyright infringement, it still gets me why people can't make their own content
      0 Not allowed!

Shameful. I've had this happen several times over the last year, and each time I get "I was just filling in a template", "our designer did it" or the ever popular "how do I know you were first?". Even had one threaten to rearrange my anatomy if he found I was lying about having created it first...(in the face of incontrovertible proof).

At least the excuse you were given was 'fresh'.
      0 Not allowed!

thats a shame to see other hosting companies stealing content from each other.
      0 Not allowed!

Rochen, truly sorry to see that happen to you since I know how it feels - been ripped the same way before. It was a little differennt though. In my case they ripped the content and a unique promotional business idea. Believe me, you need certain level of creativity to come up with a program we had in mind.

Are you planning on confrontin them? (although I'm almost certain it will be a waste of time - people like that never admit their mistakes.)
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Artashes
    Are you planning on confrontin them? (although I'm almost certain it will be a waste of time - people like that never admit their mistakes.)
    Yeah, already sent the cease and desist and got told that they wont be removing the content.

I just exchanged a few emails with Matt from Pegasus, who was helpful as always. Just away to contact Steve to have this stuff removed
      0 Not allowed!

Re: ttWebHost stealing website content!

Originally posted by Rochen
    While a small copyright infringement, it still gets me why people can't make their own content
    Generally it's because they have no imagination and 'dun talk and spel reel good'
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.
      0 Not allowed!

Generally it's because they have no imagination and 'dun talk and spel reel good'
    LMAO thanks for that one
    Matthew McCormick
    Director of Customer Care
    www.caro.net
    mmccormick@carohosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by akashik
    Originally posted by DedicatedNOW
    LMAO thanks for that one
    I think Matt is compiling some kind of 'witty' list of phrases he can use to speak about trolls like this...
      0 Not allowed!

I'm curious as to how you even found that?

I know a few do some key word searches and come up with rippers, is that how you found them?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: ttWebHost stealing website content!

Originally posted by akashik
    Can I use that please? lol
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
    Don't just ask point blank questions, search first.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    I'm curious as to how you even found that?
    We used to sponsor another project the user ran, they then went off to get their own server at Dedicated NOW, so they could try and drive some revenue to their product, which was absolutely great

However, they went about doing so by breaching our copyright and after a few discussions about removing it, they refuse, so I guess I will have to get Pegasus to forcefully have it removed
    Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    I know a few do some key word searches and come up with rippers, is that how you found them?
    Yup, that is how we normally catch them or the other common method is via Apache referral logs. In this case it was pretty easy
      0 Not allowed!

Ahhh thanks Rochen.

0 Not allowed!

they should've at least asked you for permission, maybe you'd be nice enough to let them use it

But using someone elses content without even asking is just
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

We use a certain design for our invoices that came from another company. Instead of just ripping them, which I could've done easily, I asked politely and offered them a small fee. Because I asked, they said I could use it for free.

Easily solved.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
    Don't just ask point blank questions, search first.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dreamserve
    We use a certain design for our invoices that came from another company. Instead of just ripping them, which I could've done easily, I asked politely and offered them a small fee. Because I asked, they said I could use it for free.

Easily solved.
    That's the way business should be done. Unfortunately, some don't see that or they don't have any business ethics
      0 Not allowed!

Someone should send this link to Andy Prevost. He seems to misunderstand the very basis of international copyright law. He's done this before - on many occassions.

http://www.whatiscopyright.org/

Important points:
    - If I don't say copyright, it's NOT public domain and it's STILL illegal to copy it.
    - "Copyright protection begins when any of the above described work is actually created and fixed in a tangible form."
    - "...material that you are given permission to use or display on your web site does not entitle you to claim copyright to the material in question."

Another wonderful site:
    http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

- "If it doesn't have a copyright notice, it's not copyrighted.": FALSE.
    - "If I make up my own stories, but base them on another work, my new work belongs to me." - FALSE.

This is what Andy Prevost does, and it's VERY illegal in ANY country. You simply CANNOT recopyright ANYTHING without permission.

It'd be great if everyone would take 15 minutes and read those two pages - top to bottom. 15 minutes could save you from violating copyrights.... from getting sued.

If anyone's noticed, ttforum.com and that rubish has been shut down. Why? Andy Prevost wet his pants when the YaBB SE Team decided to pursue his copyright infringments.

And...... I'm sorry, please forgive me.... but, I seem to remember that you - Rochen Host - were the one SPONSORING his last copyright infringment. Although I really think what he was and is now doing is not only wrong but illegal.... I'm sorry to say it's... well, it's poetic justice. However, I'm not saying that as the YaBB SE Team - definitely not - and I'm still more than willing to do whatever I can to help you on this.

Copyright infringment is a terrible thing that only ends up hurting everyone. I hope you can learn from your mistakes - harbor a snake and he'll just bite you in the end. Luckily, snakes can be stopped... and there are people willing to help.

The question is.... what do you want to do about this?

-[Unknown]
      0 Not allowed!

It's a shame people can't come up with their own content.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rochen
    We used to sponsor another project the user ran, they then went off to get their own server at Dedicated NOW, so they could try and drive some revenue to their product, which was absolutely great

However, they went about doing so by breaching our copyright and after a few discussions about removing it, they refuse, so I guess I will have to get Pegasus to forcefully have it removed
    Rochen, the last thing I am trying to do is start anything, however, you know of the situation that I am going to speak of.

They were blatantly stealing content from another site to "power" their "own forums", when it was clearly a different forum software. They even taunted this other forum software company, and yet they were still hosted by you.

Why is it surprising that they pulled the same crap on you? Remember, once a snake, always a bottom feeder, dirt sucking snake.

FYI, I have never met A personally, but I have an utter dislike of him for what he did to the other forum software company.

Glad you got him off your servers, though. It's a shame that it took so long for this to happen, and that you're having to deal with it. Honestly, you shouldn't have been surprised.

Again, this isn't meant to incite anything between you and me, I'm just stating facts.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by unknownbr
    And...... I'm sorry, please forgive me.... but, I seem to remember that you - Rochen Host - were the one SPONSORING his last copyright infringment.
    Originally posted by Prism329
    Why is it surprising that they pulled the same crap on you? Remember, once a snake, always a bottom feeder, dirt sucking snake.
    Yup, I guess I just didn't see the full picture. My apologies to you folks, if I didn't. I am just glad that situation has now been sorted
      0 Not allowed!

Andy has sent me an email saying it's not worth the 'aggravation' to steal our content anymore. I guess Pegasus told him he was also in violation of our copyright. I am glad he listens to forceful removal of content if he doesn't listen to myself.

I think everyone should take this thread into account of the business ethics utilized by ttWebHost and it's owner.
      0 Not allowed!

Closed at the request of the thread starter.
      0 Not allowed!