Question Quickbooks, Invoices, reminders and so on

OK.. so having a bit of an issue keeping on top of billing and customer management in some ways.

We do use HostAdmin and it works great. But it does not handle some things good in regards to invoicing clients who need to pay by check.

Here is the situation. Have numerous larger business clients that must get an invoice. Most ask that the invoice be sent quarterly or semi-annual.

So, like I said we use HostAdmin for most typical credit card and online orders. However for managing these clients who need invoices we started using QuickBooks, mainly because we needed something that we could use to work up an invoice and print it and mail it.

Now I need to know the best way to have QuickBooks bill the client again at a given interval, say 6 months the same info on the original invoice. I need to be reminded that an invoice needs to be printed and mailed as well.

Any QuickBook people out there with suggestions and idea on improving upon this process?

regards

Simple - go back to the invoice you want to be recurring - and choose the Memorize Invoice option. You can set it up to recurr on a monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, etc. basis.

Brandon

I totally failed with billing, often billing long past the due date. I've since switched to credit card only for all my clients (paysystems) and everything is great.

So I guess my answer is to outsource your billing.
    Keep your customers in the know with www.KnownOutage.com - free alerting software that you host. Did I mention that it's free?

Originally posted by cbtrussell
    Simple - go back to the invoice you want to be recurring - and choose the Memorize Invoice option. You can set it up to recurr on a monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, etc. basis.
    Going to try this shortly! This would be great if it is that easy! :-)

It is that easy. Just save the invoice as a "memorized" transaction, when you do this it will ask you how often you want it to repeat.

Then whenever you get close to the time one goes out you will see a reminder from quickbooks.

You can also view the memorized transaction list to get an idea of what is coming up.

A good note to the quickbooks developers would be to add in a forecasting feature where you could set a date and have it tell you what your numbers would look like on that date based on the memorized transactions you have, but that isn't there yet.
    iNetwork Fusion, LLC
    http://www.inetworkfusion.com