Looking for a host

Hello guys,

I'm looking for your valuable advice and recommendations in choosing a host. My requirements are as follows:

- Running very little traffic Wordpress sites
    - Foreign off shore location of hosting company
    - Good support
    - Less than $1 per month
    - Payments by credit card or Bitcoin preferably

What do you guys recommend? Can I find something good based on these requirements?

Thanks!

Your requirement seems common for a decent host.

Quote Originally Posted by jasca View Post
    - Less than $1 per month
    - Payments by credit card or Bitcoin preferably

You may want to reconsider your budget. Less than $1/m would leave around $0.6 for a host. With that amount, it is not really possible to offer a decent service. With that budget, you are looking at an overloaded server with poor support quality.

I'd suggest credit card over bitcoin. Most providers who accept PayPal can accept credit cards, and you won't have to have a PayPal account to pay using a credit card via PayPal. If you go with bitcoin, make sure you read the refund policy (if any) first.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

- Foreign off shore location of hosting company
    From what country?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

For a low traffic Wordpress website most shared hosting plans will work just fine. However the budget you provided is a bit on the low side, which might give you some limitations regarding the specifications of the desired hosting plan.
    You forgot to mention which shore are you referring.
    HostBastic Ltd - In the Cloud!
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Game Servers
    cPanel | 24x7 Support | CloudLinux | NVMe SSD | AutoSSL | DDoS Protected | 99.99% Uptime

The plan you are looking for can be found but for the price you are willing to pay you might just not find the plan you are looking for or just may find one but the service / quality of it isn't going to be all there..

Around $5 a month and you'll be good to good with a reliable host. Just make sure to do research on the provider before signing up to ensure they are reliable and really the right choice.

- Good support
    - Less than $1 per month
    These two do not go together.

If you're able to raise your budget to $5 a month, you may have better options. Your best bet is too search WHT in the shared offers section...look for a host within the $5 range...and has good reviews on here.

Is there any specific reason to choose offshore locations?
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

As the unwritten rule says, “You get what you paid for”. But covered with some offers, I find high chances for you to find an account for around $20/year if you pay for annually. Checking out the offer section is the best way to go from this point.

Let us know if you find some luck.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Go with any reputed company shared plan but 1$ is pretty less for quality hosting.
    Monitor Your Site's Uptime, Downtime using these Site monitor tools.

I also suggest you raise your budget a little. I think if you make it up to about $5 a month you may find a package that meets your requirements. Some companies also give you the opportunity to contact them if you have some specific requirements, and they may build a tailored solution for you needs. The other option is to sign up for an annual plan, because there may be a discount. It’s worth the try, besides most of the hosting providers offer money-back guarantee.
    Get high speed hosting
    affordable VPS hosting , Reliable dedicated servers, MikroTik VPS plans

As others suggested, pretty hard to find something within that budget but here's an option to consider - https://www.nosupportlinuxhosting.com/ but keep in mind as the name suggests, they do not offer any support.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

As pretty much everyone else have said - you get what you pay for. And $1/mo will not get you good support. If you want support that can actually help you when you need then, you need to update your budget to at least $3 or $4 a month.

If that is too much for you, I recommend free hosting. You will get limited support and resources, but in most cases that is enough for a site with low traffic.
    ResellersPanel.com - 16 years of experience in reseller hosting
    Reseller Hosting | Web Hosting | VPS | Semi-dedicated | Dedicated | Domains | SSLs
    Custom-built Hosting Platform & Control Panel | 24x7 Support | SSDs
    Contact us @ +1-855-211-0932

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

I can increase my budget up to $4 per month. I can even pay yearly but first I need to check out the host. I am open to suggestions for good hosts in the range of $4 per month to host my very low traffic Wordpress sites. I would need a cPanel, I think. What can you suggest in this price range?

Secondly, I need word-of-mouth recommendations from people who have actually experienced these hosts. There are plenty of listings in the advertisements forums but I do not want to blindly choose a host.

I prefer any off shore locations such as Europe etc. All I need is strong privacy. Because once I find a reliable host, I will get a dedicated server and move my other sites to it as well. I've been with my current host for 3 years and they are excellent but they don't have any off shore locations. So this is going to be a test run to find a host that I can permanently move to, basically.

Thank you!

For that amount you can as well go with free hosting, the service quality will be the same.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Jake View Post
    As the unwritten rule says, “You get what you paid for”. But covered with some offers, I find high chances for you to find an account for around $20/year if you pay for annually. Checking out the offer section is the best way to go from this point.

Let us know if you find some luck.
    Can I get any discounts if I go with your company? I was looking at Inno1000 plan but I need to host more than one website, so maybe Inno3000 plan?

Can I get any discounts if I go with your company? I was looking at Inno1000 plan but I need to host more than one website, so maybe Inno3000 plan?
    Please contact the host directly, that can't be answered here.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    Please contact the host directly, that can't be answered here.
    Sorry, I wasn't aware I could not ask that here. I tried PMing them but I couldn't find the option maybe because my account is new.

I tried PMing them but I couldn't find the option maybe because my account is new.
    It is because you're new.
    Have you tried visiting the website in their signature instead? I'm sure they would be happy to respond to presales inquiries there.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Sorry, I wasn't aware I could not ask that here. I tried PMing them but I couldn't find the option maybe because my account is new.
    Please feel free to get in touch with us via http://innohosting.com/sales
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I doubt you could find a host for $1 a month. You need at least $3. Managed or unmanaged?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjack View Post
    I doubt you could find a host for $1 a month. You need at least $3. Managed or unmanaged?
    They could, the issue is how reliable would the host be? (Hint: very little)
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

It's possible to find a host under $1 but the question is in its reliability.
    Though you may have not bad service at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    For that amount you can as well go with free hosting, the service quality will be the same.
    Since now I only want o learn, maybe you have some free hosting providers to offer?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeek View Post
    Since now I only want o learn, maybe you have some free hosting providers to offer?
    Not here, but you can take a look at FreeWHT.com

$1 a month is a very small budget for hosting– at least if you want somewhat decent quality. Even going up to $5 a month for what you are looking for will yield much better results.