Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Signature backlink good ?

If my question is about SEO or Social media related & some one gave me a related answer for that question but his signature link is not related to that topic then is it a spam backlink or a good backlink ?
      0 Not allowed!

It wont be considered as a spam link unless you have lots of such backlinks. Anyways Google doesnt value backlinks from forum signature as much as they did earlier.
      0 Not allowed!

A signature backlink is good as long as you have something to say.

It depends on how you use them. I don't think it will harm you as most forums follow the Google mantra of rel="nofollow"

Same here I think.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by noorucn View Post
    It wont be considered as a spam link unless you have lots of such backlinks. Anyways Google doesnt value backlinks from forum signature as much as they did earlier.
    You should have a mix of links and I do not see backlinks from Signature as any harm as long as relevance is maintained. I am yet to come across a case study wherein someone has mentioned that signature links only harm your property.
      0 Not allowed!

I didnt say it always harm, it harms us only if we have lots of such forum link. Here is a case study you should be reading . https://ahrefs.com/blog/removing-for...ure-backlinks/
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by noorucn View Post
    I didnt say it always harm, it harms us only if we have lots of such forum link. Here is a case study you should be reading . https://ahrefs.com/blog/removing-for...ure-backlinks/
    This is very good article, Thanks for sharing. After reading this article I conclude that I should not use my signature links in each & every post because to many links may put my website in trouble.
      0 Not allowed!

As long as the backlink is tied to you you should have no problem.

I don't think that the Author of that "case study" should claim to have realized a study worth considering by comparing one single website's performance to hearsay from others he quotes.
      0 Not allowed!

better to play it safe and minimize flooding forums with spammy signatures... just do it from time to time...
      0 Not allowed!

If you are going to submit your signature in forums i'd also recommend using tag manager so you can follow the source of your links; this might not help with how google will rank you but atlas you can see if that forum is giving you good referrals.
      0 Not allowed!

Signature Link is good but you have to use it in less way in the Forums. More usage of the signature link may harm your websites. The signature link doesn't provide the more value to the post as compared to quality links.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi, I want to know where you want to post this question: on your own webiste or other websites like forum sites. If you post on your website then signature effect your ranking. So make sure signature link is from quality website.
      0 Not allowed!

Google does not prefer back link from forum any more. So, back link from signature will be useful to get direct traffic, instead of effecting on search result.
      0 Not allowed!

Backlinks may not be worthy thing to do in forum but we have a lot of custom from forums primarily by building up a existence and contribute on the most applicable. Backlinks are good but used or taken in less amount. If the backlinks are increased in quantity, it may consider as spamming. If you have built credibility, then many backlinks can spoil your website reputation as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Backlinks do help on forums, but it depends on the quality of the content on the page (e.g. the topic). If you get a lot of one liners and a short starting topic, it obviously won't yield as much potential (a thread like this for example).

Authority websites are those with many links pointing to them as a "resource / reference" - those of which are deemed valuable to potential search traffic. This is why .edu and .gov websites are considered top tier to get a link from. It's not because of the extension, moreso it's because of the number of links pointing to those pages that are out-bound linking to a new destination. This is a fine example of why we call the Internet the "Web" and why it'll be so for many years to come.

I do however see a decline in linking being a determining factor for a website's reputation, but that shouldn't come for a while.

The more information you create, the more valuable the page will become. This one post will add a lot of value to this topic, so as a result this page now has higher potential for generating reputation. I believe Google considers content first before links, that's why websites with no links (or very few) are able to show up on the first page for some key search phrases. I've done my own metrics and found that a great article can yield high results for a short period of time when Google's factors kick in and see something that could be potentially relevant.

Experiment a bit.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I believe Google considers content first before links, that's why websites with no links (or very few) are able to show up on the first page for some key search phrases. I've done my own metrics and found that a great article can yield high results for a short period of time when Google's factors kick in and see something that could be potentially relevant.

Experiment a bit.
    I've done a lot of experimenting and one thing I learned is the difference in research being logged into one Google service vs research on a browser which has not received any information.

me living in Venezuela, Google as well as Bing are nightmares, once I use Venezuela in the Key Search Phrase I get top results for Banco de Venezuela even so the search term is tarjetas de invitacion.

The IMO stupidity to wanting to guess what I search for giving me SERPs which are useless the first 20 result pages.
      0 Not allowed!

Google is still experimenting with new methods of serving results, they've taken quite a lot of abuse in the past and exploitation. I'd give it some time, but otherwise it does look like searches are going to become more local (as they've been rolling out location based searches over the years).

Regarding the research and Google account, I believe they're just trying to tailor your searches. This can be disabled, but then they have other means of serving you results (and ads) that you might like. Even if cookies are disabled, you're in incognito mode, and have disabled history / tracking in your Google preferences (hell, even if you're logged out), I feel they serve you some relevancy as a result of your search history (e.g. tracked by ip / other means) though I can't confirm this. Certainly feels that way though.

Good proof of concept, go to Youtube and look up a video. Close your browser, clear some caches, make sure you're not logged in, and give it another spin. You might see similar videos on the home page of Youtube. Understanding that Youtube is not a form of SEO, it is still part of Google and I'd imagine they apply similar concepts to their other services.
      1 Not allowed!

I guess the first 10-20 signature backlink have significant link juice to your site, the more the better - as long as it is not spammy. However, when the number of signature backlink is more than 10-20, the value of each additional link become smaller and smaller
      0 Not allowed!

Hi akssay7, It can not decide on it is spam backlink or a good backlink. It is important that you do not abuse and post bulk article.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by toi0105 View Post
    I guess the first 10-20 signature backlink have significant link juice to your site, the more the better - as long as it is not spammy. However, when the number of signature backlink is more than 10-20, the value of each additional link become smaller and smaller
    Is this answer based your own experience or have you read it some where else?
      0 Not allowed!

I remembered i read it somewhere in warrior forum long time ago, i can't recall the url now, but it was about general backlink, i guess signature backlink is also similar
      0 Not allowed!

How in the world did you come up with those numbers?

So long as you participate on a relevant forum, you post original value-adding comments which are related to your website and niche, and so long as you use brand name anchor texts and don't spam through keywords, your signature backlink would be contributing towards your rankings, and I don't see why 10 of these would pass you a considerable amount of link juice and 50 of them would be marginal...

What matters most is whether the links are do-follow or no-follow, that is what gives link juice to your site.

If the forum's rules allow it, you can also post links within the body of your text, so long as it is relevant and value-adding component.

Aside from that, I would really focus on other SEO linkbuilding methods. At least I don't use forums for obtaining backlinks because they can provide you with only so much traction...

I would post a link in my signature only if I want to advertise some relevant service which other members on that forum might find beneficial, and I would use it as an advertising asset, rather than a backlink. The link might even be an internal thread on the very same forum, for which you'd like to get more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by toi0105 View Post
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ant91 View Post
    I don't see why 10 of these would pass you a considerable amount of link juice and 50 of them would be marginal...

What matters most is whether the links are do-follow or no-follow, that is what gives link juice to your site.
    I didn't say that 50 links would be marginal. What i said was, after 10-20 initial links, the value of each ADDITIONAL link become smaller and smaller. Please understand it correctly.

As i mentioned, i read it somewhere in the warrior forum long time ago. At that time there was no dofollow - nofollow things. If i can recall the reference link, i will post it here. Meanwhile, i think you can do a google search about that info also
      0 Not allowed!

Don't know for sure, but marginal returns following good return for early links makes sense and is something that I've observed so far. This law of diminishing returns is I believe very true for any site/ domain and not only forums. But I don't think excessive links from forum are penalised.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by akshay7 View Post
    If my question is about SEO or Social media related & some one gave me a related answer for that question but his signature link is not related to that topic then is it a spam backlink or a good backlink ?
    A signature backlink is good as long as you have something to say.

It depends on how you use them. I don't think it will harm you as most forums follow the Google mantra of rel="nofollow"

Same here I think.
      0 Not allowed!

Google do not give too much value to the signature back-links, but it still hold value. They are not useless, you can still use them to boost your website rank that is if the websites are do-follow. Even if they are no-follow, you can still use them to drive referral traffic to your website. Most of the forums and the blogs these days are no-follow and does not pass any link juice.

There is no harm in using the signatures in the forums that allow the use of signatures, but if you would drop your website link in the comments, where you are using the signature then the forum moderators will call it a spam and they will red flag it.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast