How to correctly add sitemaps to addon domains?

Hello,

I apologize if this is not in the correct section, I figure since it deals with addon domains to put in domain section.

I am helping to optimize a construction company's website that offers 4 main services. I was asked to purchase 4 additional domains that have domain names very specific to each of these 4 services. The plan is to redirect each of these 4 domains to the corresponding service page from the main company website. So I purchased the domains, made them addon domains and added the redirection through cPanel. I want these domains to start getting indexed through Google and Bing so now I am at a point where I want to add the correct sitemaps for them in webmaster tools.

My question: what is the correct way to add sitemaps for these domains since the pages they are being redirected to are from the main company website? I'm assuming I can't just add a sitemap with the main company website URLs because Google could consider that spam and I could get penalized for it. I am very cautious at this point as the last thing I want to do is add a sitemap that leads to manual webspam action being taken on these different domains. Any advice would be great, thank you.

- Zach

Let me know if I understand you correctly.

You have a domain
    PHP Code:
    maincompany.com 
    Then you bought 4 new domains

PHP Code:
    Service1.com
    Service2
    .com
    Service3
    .com
    Service4
    .com 
    Now you want to redirect
    PHP Code:
    service1.com to maincompany.com/service1.html
    service2
    .com to maincompany.com/service2.html
    service3
    .com to maincompany.com/service3.html
    service4
    .com to maincompany.com/service4.html 
    So in Google Webmaster tools, you want to add a site map to each of the new 4 Service#.Com domains?

In GWT all sitemaps submitted must contain only URLS of the website you are submitting. If you put maincompany1.com/service.html in a sitemap under service1.com it will toss an error.

If you are hoping these domains based on "keywords" in the URL will show up in Google for SEO purposes (That's not going to happen) - Might happen in BING, but not Google.

I really don't think this is a good strategy, if I understand it correctly.

What you would want to do is, SEO those 4 domains, build content and "Link To" but not redirect to the main website. If these 4 new sites, gain a lot of backlinks and a good reputation, then 301 redirecting them to your main website will give the main website a serp boost and transfer all existing links to your main website specific page.

Here's an example, joe's construction business went out of business, you bought "Joe's construction business domain" - then you 301 re-direct Joe's domain to your main website (This makes a lot of sense SEO wise).
    Get your emails delivered by PostBox US

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, you understood correctly. I have been reading more and more about this and the general consensus seems to be pretty much exactly what you are saying. The 4 additional domains were purchased after looking at which search queries were generating a lot of impressions for the website. For example, one of the highest impressions was "saskatoon mold removal" so I purchased that exact domain thinking if that is what a lot of people are putting into their search bar then having a domain that says exactly that would have that domain pop up as the first organic placement on SERPs. However, building unique content on that domain and linking back to main company website makes a lot more sense for SEO purposes rather then just redirecting.

Thanks for the help!

- Zach