Bumping of Thread allowed?

Is it allowed to bump the thread in shared and Reseller Hosting marketplace?
      0 Not allowed!

Threads in the advertising sections are all sorted by the date of the first post - They won't "bump".
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Postbox View Post
    Threads in the advertising sections are all sorted by the date of the first post - They won't "bump".
    True as to the default sorting, but responding is apparently still considered bumping.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zoid View Post
    True as to the default sorting, but responding is apparently still considered bumping.
    If it's just to make a thread look "hot" again, it still sticks it in the "New Posts" list. I don't know how you feel about that, but I find it darned annoying when you're looking for actual new content. Plus we have the obvious limitation of how often you can advertise in each section (according to your membership type). Bumping generally just isn't a great idea anywhere - I guess that's also why we have a rule about it.
      0 Not allowed!

Plus we have the obvious limitation of how often you can advertise in each section (according to your membership type).
    Which refers to threads however, not postings. And is automatically enforced by the system anyhow.

Bumping generally just isn't a great idea anywhere - I guess that's also why we have a rule about it.
    Which incidentally only applies to the non-advertisement forums .
      0 Not allowed!

Which refers to threads however, not postings. And is automatically enforced by the system anyhow.
    True, as far as threads go, but humans are odd beings - Sometimes they'll post new ads as a reply to an existing one to see if they can get away with that instead, and we have to discourage them from doing so by reminding them of the frequency rules. : sigh :

Which incidentally only applies to the non-advertisement forums .
    Surely you've not been testing this very trick out, have you!? Let me just go and look!
      0 Not allowed!

True, as far as threads go, but humans are odd beings - Sometimes they'll post new ads as a reply to an existing one to see if they can get away with that instead, and we have to discourage them from doing so by reminding them of the frequency rules. : sigh :

Surely you've not been testing this very trick out, have you!? Let me just go and look!

Well, a reply is not a new ad though and new ads are limited by the system. A reply would be a bump but that doesnt work because of the sort order .

The definition of "bump" could be still covered by the "discretion" bit but then bumping is explicitely not forbidden in the advertisment forums but only in the main ones.

But then that wouldnt be even a trick but merely following (not even randomly interpreting) the rules by the letter .
      0 Not allowed!

So... to summarise, we agree that you can't bump ads with more ads, and you can't bump threads in the discussion areas, and you agree that the moderation team can use their discretion to discourage members from bumping offer threads that can't be bumped anyways.

I'm glad we got that clear!

PS: This thread's also had its bumpability disabled.
      0 Not allowed!