Backup software on reseller

Hello guys,

I am reseller of inmotionhosting group. So, they offer only 1 day backup system. I need more. I found https://whmeasybackup.com this software for manual backups. I want it to install on my reseller WHM, they allow to do.

But will this software load server if i have care about daily more than 10-15 backups and save on my pc

The server load will depend on the size and number of the accounts you wish to backup.

But do you really need 10-15 backups of the same account each day? If your site is not updated very often, 1 or 2 backups a day will be more than enough. Plus, they wont eat up the disk space on your PC.
    ResellersPanel.com - 16 years of experience in reseller hosting
    Reseller Hosting | Web Hosting | VPS | Semi-dedicated | Dedicated | Domains | SSLs
    Custom-built Hosting Platform & Control Panel | 24x7 Support | SSDs
    Contact us @ +1-855-211-0932

I am reselling, so i have company as hosting service. I need to backup Client Files daily.

Will it bring high load on server?
    Do we have another solution? What about iperius backup?

Quote Originally Posted by ArshileG View Post
    I am reselling, so i have company as hosting service. I need to backup Client Files daily.
    Might be time to consider a Managed Dedicated cPanel/WHM Server so you can specify the backup policy
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

i used whmeasybackup in the past as a reseller, rally great stuff. I dont have my hosting co anymore is the ONLY reason im not using it. My advise would be to talk to the developer, every time i ever had a question he was excellent in explaining things to me to get me going. Once you get to where you understand how it works its very flexible. So i dont know about your pc i never did that, but ask him, he will def help you explain what it can and cant do.

Quote Originally Posted by durangod View Post
    i used whmeasybackup in the past as a reseller, rally great stuff. I dont have my hosting co anymore is the ONLY reason im not using it. My advise would be to talk to the developer, every time i ever had a question he was excellent in explaining things to me to get me going. Once you get to where you understand how it works its very flexible. So i dont know about your pc i never did that, but ask him, he will def help you explain what it can and cant do.

How many users do you serve via backups?!
    What reseller did you use?!
    Does it dramatically increased server load ?!

At the most i had 10 sites, as far as a reseller it was a friend of mine so you prob wont know them, i never had any complaints about server load and didnt notice any. I had the backups posted in my localhost cpanel so it was very convenient for me that way.

I personally dont think youll find a better backup software for the price especially if your just starting out, his coding is quality and he is very knowledgable about his craft. If i had to find a downside i would say it was that it did not have a admin ui at that time, i had to edit the files, but since it is a kind of "set it and forget it" set up then it really did not bother me too much. The files are well documented to help you understand how it works.

He is or was very active on this forum as well from my experience.

have a look here this is him http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1592345
    Last edited by durangod; 08-27-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Thank you man.

But where did you keep backup files?!

I downloaded them to my pc manually and stored them on a 1TB external harddrive i have. Im sure there may be other ways, that was just my choice.

Another good solution is to use Syncovery https://www.syncovery.com
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Is it for cPanel Backup?!

Is it for cPanel Backup?!
    I am not sure about that. I have not tried it! It works for VPS/Dedicated. Another option is for you to use a VPS/Dedicated server and use a cpanel rsync plugin called cPremote and backup the accounts to remote server and then you could rsync the data from the backup account to your PC. That way you'd only be backing up changes (modified files) thus saving bandwidth, CPU and time.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

I need any opportunity only on reseller

I need any opportunity only on reseller
    In that case, WHMEasyBackup is probably your best solution. Your provider should not have an issue with you using WHMEasyBackup.

Ok. So, if it doesn't load server.

What would be good solution - if client requires backup restoring. If i store them on my pc, I have only 1mb/s network and uploading will lead to time spending.

Ok. So, if it doesn't load server.

What would be good solution - if client requires backup restoring. If i store them on my pc, I have only 1mb/s network and uploading will lead to time spending.
    At https://whmeasybackup.com/ it does mention

Store Files Via Local Storage, FTP, Passive FTP, or SCP
    You could set WHMEasyBackup to send the cPanel backups to a backup hosting account providing it supports FTP protocol. You can check the Backup Services forum to signup for such service. There are loads of providers to choose from there.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    At https://whmeasybackup.com/ it does mention

You could set WHMEasyBackup to send the cPanel backups to a backup hosting account providing it supports FTP protocol. You can check the Backup Services forum to signup for such service. There are loads of providers to choose from there.
    But problem is one: I am limited in Bandwidth, so this software wastes it...

But problem is one: I am limited in Bandwidth, so this software wastes it...
    You could use a provider who does not limit your monthly bandwidth. A lot of large data centres like OVH include unlimited bandwidth and so a lot of web hosting providers can pass on the same benefit to their own customers.

So you could look out for providers offering unlimited bandwidth with their Reseller hosting plans and then software wasting bandwidth becomes a non-issue.

But inmotion has best service.... I don't know any other service like this.

@ArshileG, you say your provider only allows 1-day backup system and that you need to make more. You also say you want to install WHMEasyBackup on your reseller account which your provider said you could do. You go on to say that you could do that, but it would use all your bandwidth up. I suggested you to use a provider who offer unlimited bandwidth, and you say "But inmotion has best service.... I don't know any other service like this". Their service might be superb, but if their service is not letting you make offsite backups the way you want to, due to them putting limits on your bandwidth, then to me, that says you need something to meet your requirements better IE a provider who offers unlimited bandwidth with their Reseller plans.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    @ArshileG, you say your provider only allows 1-day backup system and that you need to make more. You also say you want to install WHMEasyBackup on your reseller account which your provider said you could do. You go on to say that you could do that, but it would use all your bandwidth up. I suggested you to use a provider who offer unlimited bandwidth, and you say "But inmotion has best service.... I don't know any other service like this". Their service might be superb, but if their service is not letting you make offsite backups the way you want to, due to them putting limits on your bandwidth, then to me, that says you need something to meet your requirements better IE a provider who offers unlimited bandwidth with their Reseller plans.
    Technicaly, how do you think - if i download backups via software, would it spend bandwidth?!

Technicaly, how do you think - if i download backups via software, would it spend bandwidth?!
    Whether it uses any bandwidth depends on how the provider has it is setup. How much bandwidth do you have included with your account? How much data is being backed up?