cPanel stats/overload

Hi,

I have been recieving alot of this messege recently and didn't know what cuased it. I suspend the account to start getting the same messges for aonther.. and they are not heavy sites btw.

Do u know what are the cuases and solution for this problem ??

IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
    This is cPanel stats runner on server.name!
    While processing the log files for user username, the cpu has been
    maxed out for more then a 6 hour period. The current load/uptime line on the
    server at the time of
    this email is
    3:31pm up 149 days, 15:04, 0 users, load average: 18.00, 15.30, 14.30
    You should check the server to see why the load is so high and take
    steps to lower the load. If you want stats to continue to run even with a high
    load; Edit
    /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run
    /usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes).

thank u in advance ..

Hi,

When the stats run it can cause high loads, it's best to run them when the server is seeing less activity such as in the early hours.

To change the time the stats are run from ssh enter:

crontab -e

then look for the entry for /scripts/upcp and change the time.

If this doesnt help you could of course take the advise that the email is giving you,

"Edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run
    /usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes)."

Paul, we're talking loads of 18.00 here. Don't you think that is a tad insane even IF the stats are running?

Netgeek, did you look at "top" ?

Post the output here. Once sorted on cpu usage and once sorted on memory usage.

Hi Pilgrim,

I didn't look at the load value but he is running the logs at 3:31pm which is during business hours so it would be advisable to change the time they are processed.

Paul, not neccesarily. It is a cpanel server and judging from the original post I doubt he has changed the cpanel default time.

I get these messages as well. At all times of day. Cpanel has a build in safety that holds stat processing until the load goes down to a certain level.

If your load is continuous high then your stat processing can take up to the full 24 hours. At regular intervals (I believe once very six hours or so) you get these messages.

So although his stats run at 3.35 pm it is almost certain they already started at 04.00 am