How much can I sell this HP desktop for?

I'm trying to sell my HP desktop as I don’t need a desktop it was a HUGE stupid mistake buying it (I win IDIOT of the year award)… I actually never even ended up using this desktop like I thought I would! I bought it for $990.02 in late 2014… below are the specs. How much do you think I can sell it for?? It’s in mint brand new condition.

HP Pavilion 500-205t Desktop PC with Windows 7 professional
    Product number F9A61AV#ABA
    • Windows 7 Pro 64
    • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4570 processor
    quad-core [3.2GHz, 6MB Shared Cache]
    • 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT625
    [HDMI,DVI,VGA via adapter]
    • 8GB DDR3-1600MHz [1 DIMM ]
    • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • SuperMulti DVD Burner
    • 7-in-1 Memory Card Reader,
    2 USB Ports (Front), Audio [Front 2USB3.0]
    • No TV Tuner Card
    • Integrated Sound, DTS Audio
    • HP USB keyboard and optical mouse
    • Wireless-N LAN and Bluetooth (1x1)
    • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Thanks

That's hard to determine as this will depend on the buyers motivation. Sounds like a nice desktop, but it is used and two years old. Have you listed this anywhere yet? I'm guessing at 6-700 dollars, it should sell easy.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

I'd say PCs depreciate quicker than that. There are a couple of a similar spec '"Refurbished - Like New" on eBay around the $300 mark. Yours isn't refurb so 'should' fetch more, but people buying second had PCs are not going to care much about the difference. So long as it's not damaged and works.

Uninstall Windows, price should go up

Thanks, I haven't listed it yet. I was thinking of putting it on ebay and will start the bid at $300 and HOPE I get a few bids at least and will sell it for more than that. Guess I will find out. I honestly ALWAYS used desktops and started using strictly laptops right when I bought this desktop and haven't looked back.... I really LOVE my ultrabook and can't imagine having to sit at a desk to work on a desktop... no way hosay

Buying a desktop and buying a treadmill were the largest and dumbest purchases I ever made. I go to gym 5-6 days a week and run there and do body building... but at home... forget about it!! That reminds me.... I also bought weights I never used! Horrible no wonder I have no $$$

EDIT: Other than ebay do you guys know any other places you think I should list it at?
    Last edited by Frosty; 08-22-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Sorry this is off topic, my bad.... but what is up with all the annoying ads on right side of this forum? It's been very loooong time since I've been at WHT and it's changed! It's squashing this entire forum to be much narrower. They used to arrange ads in a different way, ah well.

I don't remember the width of the sidebar changing. Ads should never break the layout. If they do, post it in here with a screenshot and the browser you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't remember the width of the sidebar changing. Ads should never break the layout. If they do, post it in here with a screenshot and the browser you're using.

There are ads on the right side of the form which is squashing the entire width of the forum making it much more narrow in width than it used to be... because there are ads on the right side of forum can be seen as you scroll downwards all the way to the bottom. I'm using my 13.3 inch ultrabook with 1920X1080 res so I don't know if it's possibly because of that. If it is then my bad

I can't use any higher res because then it's too difficult to see anything on such a small screen as an utlrabook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails squashed.jpg  
    Last edited by Frosty; 08-22-2016 at 04:02 PM.

I'm in trouble check out this same desktop selling on ebay which has better specs than mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-...AAAOSw65FXti7Q

... and they are selling it for $324... so I don't see how I could get $500+ for mine??? I feel as though I listed mine too overpriced? I have no idea what I'm doing...

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 08-23-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I'm in trouble check out this same desktop selling on ebay which has better specs than mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-...AAAOSw65FXti7Q

... and they are selling it for $324... so I don't see how I could get $500+ for mine??? I feel as though I listed mine too overpriced? I have no idea what I'm doing...

<<snipped>>
    are you sure that one same as yours ?

For ebay , it show " Intel Pentium G3470 3.6GHz 64-bit " , your one is much better ....you can try to sell 450 - 500. for sure.
    Nodeshosting.com - Hong Kong , Dallas - 24/7 Support
    All Server Running On 1 Gbps Ports

Quote Originally Posted by game89 View Post
    are you sure that one same as yours ?

For ebay , it show " Intel Pentium G3470 3.6GHz 64-bit " , your one is much better ....you can try to sell 450 - 500. for sure.
    Sorry I shouldn't have said it's "same as mine".... I said that because it's the same tower model but different specs from mine, my bad. I just listed mine on ebay and put it as a bid item to go to highest bidder and I put the "buy it now" price at $350. Did I set the "buy it now" price too low?? If so... then I need to change it ASAP! What do you suggest I set the "buy it now price at? Your advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

Crap... I actually have the "buy it now" set at $300 is that too low??? If so then I need to fix it. So far 7 people are watching the item no bids yet though... I need to cancel item and relist it then at higher buy it now price? I already messed this up

Anyone here have any recommendations as to what I should set the "buy it now" price at??? I removed my listing because I had the bidding auction's "but it now" set to only $300... I have no idea what I should set it to? I feared I would only get $300 for it and I would be unhappy if I only got so little because it's worth more.