* Is there a market for a high end shared and reseller accounts?

I was wondering if there is a market or would there be interest in a host that offers for example: Reseller accounts that have a high resource allocation in cloudlinux, but be limited in space and bandwidth and most importantly have overselling disabled on reseller accounts so packages offered would be based on whats allocated and not actually used. I feel this would be a recipe for quality hosting but would clients be willing to pay more for it and at the same time see they are not given hundreds of gb, not able to oversell, etc. Thanks for your input.

There is a certain number of reseller customers that ask for higher limits. I am not sure about the outcome and skeptical about it. That being said, if done properly, it can be good.

I can see some prospects opting for those types of plans.

There's a market for everything. So many differnt kinda of combinations you should give it a try it may pay off in the end or it may not but only you can tell by trying. It sounds like a good plan / market to go after I would give it a try if I were you and if you do please do come back and let us know how it goes although doing that then may create yourself compitition because then people will try to do the same.

Yes, I think there is a market for this is done properly with Cloudlinux.

Hello,

Customers hates limitations, and they will be looking for unlimited web hosted like hosting24

There are lot of hostings that does not use cloudlinux so customers will be more happy without it so they can draft too much resources as they want.

Customers want cheap and unlimited hosting for a shared hosting account

Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    I was wondering if there is a market or would there be interest in a host that offers for example: Reseller accounts that have a high resource allocation in cloudlinux, but be limited in space and bandwidth and most importantly have overselling disabled on reseller accounts so packages offered would be based on whats allocated and not actually used. I feel this would be a recipe for quality hosting but would clients be willing to pay more for it and at the same time see they are not given hundreds of gb, not able to oversell, etc. Thanks for your input.
    Everything will depend on what or who is your market audience.

This is a very good streamline of products to showcase. But economical success of this packages would strictly depends on how effectively the provide could target the right set of audience.

We are aware about a lot of customers who would be happy with such a setup. Newbies and those who are looking to make the most out of what they get will not be interested in this setup. But for those who are looking for a quality platform, constant uptime and limited usage would be happy to welcome these packages.

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    In my opinion, it would be better to offer a Managed VPS service that is more geared towards resellers. This way the reseller can become accustomed to real usage consumption, along with allowing the reseller to have more freedom regarding what is installed/not installed on the server.

With that being said, if you were to go this route, you would be targeting a niche market as the majority of clients looking to sign-up for reseller packages are simply looking for a way to host as many websites as possible, while paying the least.

There already are many providers who allow more resources than default ones set by CloudLinux. Some Shared/Reseller accounts can outperform low spec VPSs, and so you can see why some prefer to use Shared/Reseller, they do not have to bother with keeping the VPS up to date then, too.