* LAMP stack only, tutorial or help?

I want to deploy a $5 Vultr LAMP stack, and have NO control panel.

In order, I need to know how to:

1. SSH

2. HTTP

3. FTP

4. SSL

5. Email

6. MySQL

If this is even possible, I would be able to run a fully functioning useless website, and it would be far faster than a $20 regular hosting package.

I have always used SOME kind of panel (cPanel, Sentora, zPanel, CWP, and VestaCP)

I would like to be able to run a humble blog, without any panels.

I am sure Email setup, as well as DNS configuration would be the parts I am not really proficient on, and I assume I am probably asking a lot. However if there is a way to make my small 10 view a month blog work for $5 on it's own IP with SSL, I would be profoundly amazed.

That's quite easy to do. Just navigate over here Vultr has ready to deploy LAMP images for their VPS's https://www.vultr.com/apps/lamp
    IAMGaurav.com
    Expert in Laravel, WHMCS, Ubersmith
    Ask for a quote today Email: hello-at-iamgaurav.com

Quote Originally Posted by NetStars View Post
    That's quite easy to do. Just navigate over here Vultr has ready to deploy LAMP images for their VPS's https://www.vultr.com/apps/lamp
    Thank you, I am aware of how to deploy LAMP stack, I am looking for information on how to step by step deploy each of the services I mentioned.

Thank you.

IAMGaurav.com
    Expert in Laravel, WHMCS, Ubersmith
    Ask for a quote today Email: hello-at-iamgaurav.com

If you are using something like Vultr or DO you can deploy / install the entire lamp stack with a few clicks. What this would do is setup Apache, PHP, MySQL on our VPS which you can then manage. However, if you do not know how to SSH or basic system administration skills, I'd not recommend doing it.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

What about your hosts support, can they assist you with that?

You don't want to use control panel which can increase your work like setting up each stack manually and secure it and manually check update/upgrade.

1. SSH - Setup of SSH is very easy.

2. HTTP - Install Apache, Its so easy. Just need to run "yum install apache" and configure httpd.conf file.

3. FTP - Not required, You can use SCP and upload/download files but any simple FTP server software is good. Install VSFTP(Very Secure FTP software)

4. SSL - You can find many tutorial in google. Its a easy to install SSL but required lot of manual work.

5. Email - Find tutorial in google.

6. MySQL - yum install mysql, There is lot of tutorial available on configuring MySQL.
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by SidedTech View Post
    I want to deploy a $5 Vultr LAMP stack, and have NO control panel.

In order, I need to know how to:

1. SSH

2. HTTP

3. FTP

4. SSL

5. Email

6. MySQL

If this is even possible, I would be able to run a fully functioning useless website, and it would be far faster than a $20 regular hosting package.

I have always used SOME kind of panel (cPanel, Sentora, zPanel, CWP, and VestaCP)

I would like to be able to run a humble blog, without any panels.

I am sure Email setup, as well as DNS configuration would be the parts I am not really proficient on, and I assume I am probably asking a lot. However if there is a way to make my small 10 view a month blog work for $5 on it's own IP with SSL, I would be profoundly amazed.
    This is all absolutely doable. I'd drop Apache in favor of Nginx, Nginx is a lot easier to for a novice to configure IMHO.

https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...ck-on-centos-7
    https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...ks-on-centos-7
    https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...pt-on-centos-7
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Thank you for your help. I still don't see how I would get Filezilla running for FTP, or how I would implement my own SSL for example.

The LEMP stack seems easy enough, even with Wordpress. I figured out how to do that part. They also have something called EasyEngine which does ALL of the Wordpress work for you, including setting up the databases, etc.

My current issue is:

1. Filezilla access
    2. Implementing my own Comodo SSL
    3. Email setup for Outlook/Thunderbird (how to create each account as well)
    4. Modifying PHP.ini so I can upload larger files (like 500MB+)

Basically I want to host a video blog, where the files are served directly from my blog, and there are a few different bloggers who get their own emails with small limits just to receive emails from me, the admin, about new features being implemented.

So far I know how to get from $5 to the blog, but I don't want to use LetsEncrypt, and I need to make sure to be able to have full control over WP uploads, etc.

The Vultr $5 VPS can handle 10 simultaneous users pretty well, unfortunately it would not be able to run SpamAssassin and ClamAV.

I guess I would have to work around that.

All that would be left after FTP, PHP.ini and Comodo SSL install, would be to disable the root user and I think I could have a nice setup for friends, family, and people of interest to enjoy my wonderful (i.e. horrible) blog and submit their comments securely

Sorry I am a n00b at this stuff. I just can't afford to buy a $20 Linode and $14 cPanel License every time I want to start a new blog. cPanel is way too feature rich, and totally unnecessary I think in terms of what I am looking for.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    You don't want to use control panel which can increase your work like setting up each stack manually and secure it and manually check update/upgrade.

1. SSH - Setup of SSH is very easy.

2. HTTP - Install Apache, Its so easy. Just need to run "yum install apache" and configure httpd.conf file.

3. FTP - Not required, You can use SCP and upload/download files but any simple FTP server software is good. Install VSFTP(Very Secure FTP software)

4. SSL - You can find many tutorial in google. Its a easy to install SSL but required lot of manual work.

5. Email - Find tutorial in google.

6. MySQL - yum install mysql, There is lot of tutorial available on configuring MySQL.
    The answers about finding tutorials in Google are appreciated, but I have looked, and not found what I am looking for. Also, I would need FTP as it works better for me when understanding the file structure for the site, but I will look into your suggestion.

Thank you for your help. I still don't see how I would get Filezilla running for FTP, or how I would implement my own SSL for example.

The LEMP stack seems easy enough, even with Wordpress. I figured out how to do that part. They also have something called EasyEngine which does ALL of the Wordpress work for you, including setting up the databases, etc.

My current issue is:

1. Filezilla access

Basically I want to host a video blog, where the files are served directly from my blog, and there are a few different bloggers who get their own emails with small limits just to receive emails from me, the admin, about new features being implemented.

So far I know how to get from $5 to the blog, but I don't want to use LetsEncrypt, and I need to make sure to be able to have full control over WP uploads, etc.

The Vultr $5 VPS can handle 10 simultaneous users pretty well, unfortunately it would not be able to run SpamAssassin and ClamAV.

All that would be left after FTP, PHP.ini and Comodo SSL install, would be to disable the root user and I think I could have a nice setup for friends, family, and people of interest to enjoy my wonderful (i.e. horrible) blog and submit their comments securely

Sorry I am a n00b at this stuff. I just can't afford to buy a $20 Linode and $14 cPanel License every time I want to start a new blog. cPanel is way too feature rich, and totally unnecessary I think in terms of what I am looking for.

Thanks again.
    For your budget and your requirements, shared web hosting will be fine.
    If you don't want to manage the software updates, just buy managed hosting, you can get it for around the $20 per month mark, and that way the host takes care of Cpanel and the server licencing as well as manageing the software updates for Wordpress.
    Most will give you free CDN, Content Delivery Network bandwidth as well to speed up access to your blog world wide.
    Frankly a VPS would be overkill for a simple blog.
    CPK Web Services
    Multi Award winning Managed web hosting.
    Find out more. https://www.cpkws.com.au/mhosting.php

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy View Post
    If you don't want to manage the software updates, just buy managed hosting, you can get it for around the $20 per month mark, and that way the host takes care of Cpanel and the server licencing as well as manageing the software updates for Wordpress.
    Most will give you free CDN, Content Delivery Network bandwidth as well to speed up access to your blog world wide.
    I appreciate the advice, but what I am looking for is more of how to do, and less of what I should do instead.

I appreciate the advice, but what I am looking for is more of how to do, and less of what I should do instead.
    Install server Pilot from https://serverpilot.io this will properly secure your server, at least up to a point.
    Vultr and Digital Ocean are both self managed providers, so you need to have some idea of how to properly secure a server when using them.
    CPK Web Services
    Multi Award winning Managed web hosting.
    Find out more. https://www.cpkws.com.au/mhosting.php

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy View Post
    He would like to server the video files from his blog itself rather than an embed video from YouTube. Shared hosts would not be much happy to accommodate this requirement and it is better to go with the VPS. If he can manage the VPS for $5, then it would give him more freedom compared to a shared hosting account with a lot of limitations.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

My current issue is:

1. Filezilla access

Thanks again.
    While I agree that you are a newbie I must say that you are a good newbie who is doing his part to educate himself while not feeling shame in asking those clarifications he required.

on my point of view best cheap paid control panel for vps and dedicated server
    http://demo.webuzo.com/enduser/

However if there is a way to make my small 10 view a month blog work for $5 on it's own IP with SSL, I would be profoundly amazed.
    I would recommend finding a cheap VPS if you want your own IP and some flexibility. Maybe Digital Ocean? There around $5.

Install a LAMP and get WordPress.
    https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-14-04

Then for the SSL you can use lets encript for free to get a SSL.

https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-14-04

You don't have to use digital ocean for these tutorials to work.