Reliablesite down...again

Been offline for about 20minutes now. Multiple servers.

Down here too.

Shouldn't this be in the Providers and Network Outages and Updates forum?

Reliablesite down...again

Been offline about 30minutes now. Multiple servers.

I posted in dedicated server forum as well. Hard to keep track of all the different sections.

We're not down. Seems like a specific route is having issues. http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/reliablesite.net

Please open a ticket with support by e-mailing support@reliablesite.net if you can't access the support portal.

I can access console and the website to open tickets. Cannot ping anything from the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfinishedSentenc View Post
    I can access console and the website to open tickets. Cannot ping anything from the servers.
    Got it, please work with support, nothing that we can do for you on WHT.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. Already posted tickets. Your monitoring should be seeing the outage.

You already have a support ticket open that has been replied to. A tech will update you on issues.

We are not down, we're trying to isolate this specific issue to a route or device.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. Already posted tickets. Your monitoring should be seeing the outage.
    This isn't a network wide outage. Unfortunately there are thousands of routes. We use several 3rd party monitors, the routes that those take are all showing as up. This is limited specifically to either a route or devices, our techs will be able to assist.

What I mean is that WHT isn't our support portal, no need to post here, especially if you're able to access the support portal. We're very active and your ticket has already been replied to and is being actively investigated.

Not exactly...Thee are some times that certain regions can't access due to a major fiber cut or major provider outage that is impacting others in a regional manner. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does occasionally happen. Unless they had a monitoring station outside and in that same region, it likely will not see the outage.
    I've found a good way to know more about such outages is multi location website check, one of the better out there for free multi location checks on demand, is https://www.dotcom-tools.com/website-speed-test.aspx

It can take a few minutes to process all location, but gives quite accurate results. It also gives you a screenshot of what each location sees, so it is pretty comprehensive in checking.

I tend to get better information here and a quicker response.

Still down. Over 35 minutes. Prime time N. American business hours. Ugh. Customers are screaming at me.

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    Not exactly...Thee are some times that certain regions can't access due to a major fiber cut or major provider outage that is impacting others in a regional manner. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does occasionally happen. Unless they had a monitoring station outside and in that same region, it likely will not see the outage.
    I've found a good way to know more about such outages is multi location website check, one of the better out there for free multi location checks on demand, is https://www.dotcom-tools.com/website-speed-test.aspx

It can take a few minutes to process all location, but gives quite accurate results. It also gives you a screenshot of what each location sees, so it is pretty comprehensive in checking.
    I monitor from multiple geographic locations. So when I get more than 1 location saying it's down then it's down.

Besides the point since I can access console but cannot ping out. So network interface is down in every way possible to be down.

Anyways, it's different depending on whether you are talking about datacenter monitoring or what I do to monitor my servers.
    Last edited by UnfinishedSentenc; 07-20-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks for the update. I don't seem to get the same quality of information from tickets.

I posted in dedicated server forum as well.
    Merged that into this. One thread is enough. Thank you.

Just came back up. 1hour and 5minutes outage during NY business hours...uggg. Now I will start getting the inevitable cancellations because of this. I guess I don't need the extra server anymore.
    Last edited by UnfinishedSentenc; 07-20-2016 at 04:34 PM.

I'm thinking that these are isolated cases.

the network to Reliablesite is very good.

your support is very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kmontenegro View Post
    I'm thinking that these are isolated cases.

the network to Reliablesite is very good.

your support is very fast.
    Up until a few months ago I would have agreed. However, we have had numerous outages recently. This was probably the worst yet. Uptime is EVERYTHING. A datacenter has one primary job. Stay online! 1 hour is an eternity for a datacenter. The first thing our customers will say is "My amazon server never goes offline and you were just offline for an hour". Yea I know you cannot make that comparison but it doesn't stop our customers from doing it.

Saying this was an isolated incident doesn't wash with me when we have had other 'isolated' incidents recently.
    Last edited by UnfinishedSentenc; 07-20-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Up until a few months ago I would have agreed. However, we have had numerous outages recently. This was probably the worst yet. Uptime is EVERYTHING. A datacenter has one primary job. Stay online! 1 hour is an eternity for a datacenter. The first thing our customers will say is "My amazon server never goes offline and you were just offline for an hour". Yea I know you cannot make that comparison but it doesn't stop our customers from doing it.

Saying this was an isolated incident doesn't wash with me when we have had other 'isolated' incidents recently.
    We have been performing major network upgrades in the last few months or so, you should see some improved routes and much better stability once the upgrades have been completed.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I won't be posting any additional details in this thread as issues have been resolved..