Post PHP Integrated Bar Code System

So about 2 years ago I started an e-commerce company manufacturing a very popular backyard game here in America. With my development background I was able to create a great system fully integrated with all our sales channels and multiple other service based API's. Since inception, we have processed orders based on production reports which have been expanded into multiple departments. Due to the rapid growth we have experienced, mistakes are happening too often and I've started to look into alternative options to get our order accuracy up while adding accountability to our employees.

Of course my answer to this was moving to a bar code system, however any enterprise system starts well over $10,000, has huge learning curves and would add a huge of delay while we integrated the two systems. My alternative is to build one that is just expanded off our existing system. I have found Android based 1D/QR scanner at a price of < $500/unit (much better than $1500+ per unit with Motorola or Honeywell) that can run on GSM or Wifi. Since we already have an extensive network setup with full Wifi across all of our warehouses, we would not be using GSM.

So here is my question. I have received some videos from the manufacture of scanning QR codes and URL based QR codes, however multiple steps must be taken to get the device to function how I want it. For example, to scan a URL based QR code the user would need to click on the search bar (or browser URL) bar and then scan said QR code, then press enter on the browser. I need this to function seamlessly, the employee presses the yellow scan button on the side of the device and boom the URL is opened immediately. We also want to lock the phones down to where no other apps can be installed or used on the Android device and we would like to do this without creating our own App (we want purely web based on our internal network), which I don't know if it this is possible.

Is there anyway to possibly "embed" the browser without a visible URL bar to be the only usable option within Android?

Has anyone taken on a challenge like this or have any ideas, concerns or input?

I appreciate your time for reading this and look forward to your responses.
    Last edited by Tuxxin; 07-16-2016 at 09:45 AM.