Question Access a file in the subdirectory (ColdFusion)

I have a problem with running scripts on my server but only when a file in the higher-level directory tries to access a file in the subdirectory. I tried the following very simple test: I made a testDB.htm file in the wsBuilderTool directory and made a testPage.htm in the wsBuilderTool/admin directory. The testDB.htm has an html form that should post to the admin/testPage.htm page. However, the result is http 405 error page cannot be displayed. This is similar to the problem that happens when the cold fusion page in the higher directory calls the page in the subdirectory. There appears to be something prohibiting access to the subdirectory. I am not observing this problem on my local machine - the code has been heavily tested with the same directory
    structure. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
    I am running the MX Professional version 6.0 on Windows 2000 Server.
    Jason T. Dickman - Senior Server Tech
    Cloud Based Solutions, VPS, Linux, Windows, Dedicated
    Our Internet - Your Complete Web Hosting Solution

Error 405 means "Method not allowed"

Basically it looks like you are trying to post to a standard .htm which isn't configured for scripting or execute access.

I don't think that is the problem. Especially since I can get it to work on my local computer. I think it is something else. Have you ever heard of such a thing before? It is very strange?
    Jason T. Dickman - Senior Server Tech
    Cloud Based Solutions, VPS, Linux, Windows, Dedicated
    Our Internet - Your Complete Web Hosting Solution

Check your file and directory permissions for that directory in IIS and check that they have execute access. Your local server may be configured slightly differently than the remote server with regards to permissions (execute is not normally granted by default for a directory)

That is what a 405 error means! Also do you have .htm executing as cfm? If not posting to a .htm is pointless.