hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Creative Web Ideas...good or bad?

Forum Jump

Creative Web Ideas...good or bad?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2001, 03:48 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Creative Web Ideas...good or bad?

I searched through this board looking for "CWI Hosting"..

As some of you may recall, there was a thread with someone from CWI "vs." webman and en. That thread didn't scare me away from them and I was still willing to try them out, but other threads had bad opinions on them. But they were mostly from en.

At HostSearch.com their reviews are kind of fake.

Quote:
CWI Offers "True" Unlimited Traffic
By Ronald C. Winborne, Jr. 8/13/1999 1:25:00 PM
Rating: 10

CWI is the first host I've been with that offers "true" unlimited traffic. I currently receive about 35-45 Gigs of data transfer each month, and not once has my site been down because of exceeding bandwidth limits. Other companies I've been with advertise "unlimited traffic" only to find out later that there is a "hidden" limit. (Usually 10-15 gigs/month) Not only do they offer unlimited traffic, they also provide unlimited data storage, and a host of other goodies! Their customer service is also tops. When I have a problem, you can bet CWI will be prompt in their response. Actually, they respond to my emails so promptly, it feels like I'm using ICQ rather than email correspondence. I highly recommend CWI for its prompt customer service and support as well as a company that firmly believes in "unlimited traffic".

I mean come on? Also all the ratings are 9.5 or higher too?

You might think I probably not interested in them, but the thing is, its easy for x-customers or just even one individual to make a bad rep on a hosting company.

If anyone that is/was a customer of CWI (besides en and webman), please post your comments on them.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2001, 06:13 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Tanger,

Personally, I wouldn't recommend them. I had a lot of problems when I used them. My problems were with their jsp/servlet offerings. I signed up with them based on the jsp/servlet support and the jsp/servlets never worked for more than a day at a time. I went round and round with them, basically they said it was my code that was breaking. I showed them all my error logs and there were no problems. I had a simple jsp on my site to test with that just printed out the current date and time - it would work for about 4 hours and then die. I will say however, that they did reply promptly to all the support requests and my cancellation request.

Also, do a search of the newsgroups at deja.com - last time I checked there were quite a few messages out there concerning them. I wouldn't put too much weight on their ratings at hostsearch. Do a search here and you would also agree. Also, there's another host directory type site out there where CWI gets great reviews but you'll notice that they are the "featured sponsor" of the jsp section.

jericho

Old 06-04-2002, 07:48 PM

;

Last edited by obfuscated; 06-05-2002 at 03:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2002, 11:32 PM
Junior Guru

I used CWI a year ago at least. I must say that I was impressed. I pushed pretty decent band and they didnt say a word.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted