Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    $3 to $4 a month seems like an very low budget for 40+ sites. I would have to assume most if not all are less than mission critical.
    Altair Hosting - Hosting You Can Trust
    Shared Hosting | Auto Website Setup | SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by dibyinfo View Post
    Yes currently on Godaddy. 40 domains. Mostly wordpress and laravel based. Do not need separate cpanels. Will manage all sites myself. Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks a lot for the update. I think if the price is the only option which moves you to change your hosting I would recommend you to stay with your current host.
    Good luck with your further searching.
    --> http://www.webhostingzone.org/
    --> Secure and Reliable Web Hosting Services - cPanel / CloudLinux / Softaculous - Atlanta Data Center
    --> VPS Hosting, Linux Support, SSL certificates and more!

It'll be a pain to update all those DNS nameservers if you switch provider just to save a couple of bucks. I'd stick with what you were on also

Quote Originally Posted by altairhosting View Post
    $3 to $4 a month seems like an very low budget for 40+ sites. I would have to assume most if not all are less than mission critical.
    Yes most are small wordpress based sites. Only 4 are big and space and bandwidth requirements are increasing.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ggItzOle View Post
    It'll be a pain to update all those DNS nameservers if you switch provider just to save a couple of bucks. I'd stick with what you were on also
    Yes if Godaddy were keeping same price i would have stuck with them. But 80% increase in renewals is a bit too high for my budget.

Thanks for the reply.

One of the primary reasons to go with a reseller account with that many sites is simply to help isolate them from each other. You have 4 big sites growing you say - what if they were taken out by one of your unimportant sites being hacked due to an exploit in a plugin, theme, or perhaps the core software itself not getting updated?

There are other good reasons as well - but that's one of the bigger ones.

I suppose it's not a problem so long as you keep good backups and are willing and able to repair the damage if it happens.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    One of the primary reasons to go with a reseller account with that many sites is simply to help isolate them from each other. You have 4 big sites growing you say - what if they were taken out by one of your unimportant sites being hacked due to an exploit in a plugin, theme, or perhaps the core software itself not getting updated?

There are other good reasons as well - but that's one of the bigger ones.

I suppose it's not a problem so long as you keep good backups and are willing and able to repair the damage if it happens.
    Yes reseller hosting has many advantages, but the price doubles instantly. Out of 40, 4 are my own sites and rest are small local clients. The 4 big ones make very small amounts and the rest are on a per year retainer, just enough to pay for my staff of 2. Hence need to cust costs.

Thanks for the reply.

just enough to pay for my staff of 2. Hence need to cust costs.
    Since you have recurring clients, which is excellent, you have a chance of getting new clients/orders from them if your service is satisfactory. The risk you are willing to take here doesn't worth it and may bring a negative impact. Hosting market is so much saturated, if you look hard enough, you may be able to get a deal.

Still, it's your decision to take and only you can decide which is better for you.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

Hey guys, how you all doing? Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum to ask, but i need some help here fast.

Need a reliable provider for linux hosting.

Unlimited bandwidth, storage, domains. Around $3 - $4 a month. Anything close?
    In my opinion, cutting costs tends to cut the availability of good support. A pretty key question is, 'is good support worth a few extra dollars?'

but the price doubles instantly.
    Out of 40, 4 are my own sites and rest are small local clients.
    You're a cheapskate that is willing to sacrifice everything to save a buck. Money matters more than quality. Got it.

I hope they figure this out before it's too late.

CMS hacking is a question of when, not if.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    You're a cheapskate that is willing to sacrifice everything to save a buck. Money matters more than quality. Got it.

I hope they figure this out before it's too late.

CMS hacking is a question of when, not if.
    A little more blunt than I'm used to seeing from you... I hope you're not having a bad day!

But a budget of $3-4 month for 40+ sites - 36 of which are customers is ridiculous. Why not just head on over to FreeWHT.com and get some free hosting then you'll really be in the profit!

Seriously though - you do realize how silly you sound, right? I'm not insulting you - but from an outside perspective you must be running on such extremely thin margins that I would wonder why you're doing it at all.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

You should get you're self a VPS

Quote Originally Posted by Cheridon View Post
    On what basis? What makes you think this is the proper solution? Please provide a little more detail as I am sure @dibyinfo would appreciate it .

You are kidding right? For $4, I don't think so considering he has 40 sites and he might probably need cPanel.

Read before posting?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    On what basis? What makes you think this is the proper solution? Please provide a little more detail as I am sure @dibyinfo would appreciate it .
    Well in my opinion I think a VPS is better for running a web site as with Shared Hosting you can run into a lot of limits / restrictions & you would have more control over things

Well in my opinion I think a VPS is better for running a web site as with Shared Hosting you can run into a lot of limits / restrictions & you would have more control over things
    So you're telling me a 1 CPU VPS with 1G of ram [if you're lucky for $4/mo] is going to perform better than a shared hosting account on a 48 core + system with 256G+ ram [most providers these days run robust systems].

Riiiiiight... You keep on pushing that agenda.

We are aware of those limit on shared hosting.

The problem here is if you read the entire thread, he has no budget for VPS. You can't recommend something that he can't afford.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post

The problem here is if you read the entire thread, he has no budget for VPS. You can't recommend something that he can't afford.
    I suppose he could recommend anything he wanted - but if it doesn't fit the OP's needs it's a waste of time/effort/space.

I did not see his budget, sorry about that, but if he's hosting 40 websites, are these his or clients?

I did not see his budget, sorry about that, but if he's hosting 40 websites, are these his or clients?
    I would strongly advise you to follow the advice you were already given:
    is if you read the entire thread...
    As your questions were already answered:
    Out of 40, 4 are my own sites and rest are small local clients. The 4 big ones make very small amounts and the rest are on a per year retainer

Which location is needed?
    ADELINAhost (Established 2012)
    Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    https://www.adelinahost.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12