Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Anyone has any problem with namecheap?

Hi everyone,

Do any of you have any problem with namecheap? I have recently signed up a domain name with them, and suddenly it was suspended. It is a really nice domain name, and i want to keep it and doing business with it.

Suddenly today i can't access the domain, i don't receive any email regarding the matter. Logging in to namecheap, i see it was suspended due to "abuse" reason.

I can't understand, i'm not having any hosting service with them, so why there is abuse reason?

I also notice the domain name is currently on the auction. I'm very disappointed. Anyone faced the same problem as me? Any chance that this is their mistake?

Contact their support, you're not likely to get much support from them here
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

I can't understand, i'm not having any hosting service with them, so why there is abuse reason?
    Domain registrars will respond to abuse complaints even if the domain's website isn't hosted with them. I see that you were running a very low cost webhosting service. Perhaps spammer clients were using your branded nameservers.

I contacted them and they say they didn't suspend my domain. It was the .xyz registry that suspend my domain name, but didn't provide reason. After reading some posts on the internet, it seems that they are willing to suspend a domain name that they think infringing trademark. It is very funny. I believe they also has no right to judge that. Even if i successfully register google.xyz, it shouldn't be considered as infringment. My domain name was uswebhosting.xyz, a real phrase with normal meaning.

Maybe this is a lession for me, maybe also for other people reading this post. Do not register a nice xyz domain name. they will take down and put it in auction to sell at higher price

Contact them through Live chat and fix. Do not leave chat system until they fix it. hehe

Hope this works.

Quote Originally Posted by uswebhosting View Post
    Do not register a nice xyz domain name. they will take down and put it in auction to sell at higher price
    Whats interesting there is that they're taking it from you for infringing, and then selling it at auction? Won't the buyer also be infringing if they use it for the same purpose?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

The open question is here that Namecheap have great support and one of the best domain registrars under enom.com.I think there is something fishy because they will take any action if enom or ICANN report and no other else registrar.

That website did not resolve yesterday but is back up with the same content/contact that was cached on June 9.

I have managed to get the domain name active again after a ton of emails to namecheap and xyz registry. They says xyz domain flags my domain for spam activity, while it is obviously not.

Namecheap told me that they didn't detect spam activity for the domain from their end. (Even though i don't know how they detect).

I admit that the IP where the domain sits on was not a clean IP. When i signed up for the server, hotmail blocks the IP ranges of the IPS. After sending a few email to hotmail, but could not go through, i requested for mitigation, and they mitigated the IP (almost immediately).

I can confirm that the IP was not being abused, since i have checked email log files, only less than 100 emails were sent over the past 2 weeks, and 3/4 of them were testing email for my system and notification emails to my personal mailbox.

And we also had configured the server to prevent mass email activity.

So the only reason i could think of is that when i sent the first few test emails to hotmail, the emails was bounced and some how this information was transmitted to xyz registry, and they see email sent from the domain was bounced, so they flag the domain as spam.

If that thinking is true, they are having a serious mistake in their algorithm. If that thinking is wrong, they may be using some wrong data from somewhere.

Even though they told me the domain problem was "spam activity", but i really advice anyone want to do a business with xyz domain should read in the internet about some complains that their domains was taken down because of trademark infringement, some can request to reactivate the domain but they also say if they receive complaint about trademark infringement they will suspend again, be aware of that.

About namecheap service, i actually don't know whether the service is considered as good or bad. I think they should notify me when the domain was suspended. The good think is that they managed to helped reactivate the domain name.

So i hope this post can clear the air. Hope noone will face the same silly problem. It was a stressful day and took too much effort. Luckily our clients were nice and none of them showed anger to us (We did email all clients about the issue, through a private email).

Thanks everyone for your sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by uswebhosting View Post
    They says xyz domain flags my domain for spam activity, while it is obviously not.
    Glad you got it back, but in my experience, yours would be the first xyz domain I've come across that isn't used for spam.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Glad you got it back, but in my experience, yours would be the first xyz domain I've come across that isn't used for spam.
    I've noticed lately some of the registrars have the .xyz for $.99

I think I've actually seen one legit website with the .xyz and I've never seen one ranking in any of the search engines.

Hi,

One of my .xyz domains has also been suspended, I got through Namecheap on 10th June 2016
    I only noticed over this weekend it was suspended, when I logged into my Namecheap account, as they site wasn't being used.

So I contacted Namecheap support who told me to contact .xyz which I have and waiting on a reply from them.
    I have no idea why it has been suspended as the site was password protected (18 char random password created by lastpass) as it was being used as a development site, for a site I am working on.

I use .xyz domains mainly for development sites, as they are cheap, on the odd occasion I use them for a personal site.
    Last edited by GazCBG; 06-27-2016 at 05:36 AM.
    Regards,
    Garry

Hey Bear, I have four .xyz domains, and I can assure you, they are not being used for spam, at all. Not a single bit. None of them have any search engine ranking as I do not want that. They're personal sites, not commercial ones. Not everyone here is wanting to run a business y'know. Just a gentle hint.

Hi,

Just had a reply from .xyz and they have unsuspended the domain, but didn't tell me why it was suspended in the begining and is on the watch list.
    Regards,
    Garry

Glad to hear some have resolved issues like this. I had .site / .online suspended and haven't gotten an answer for months. From what I understand, it depends upon each company that sells these extensions and not necessarily the registrar.

Exclamation XYZ domain name endings are not all for SPAM

Add another one to your list. They are not all spam sites. This is the site of internetbs dot net > www dot internet dot xyz

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalProtection View Post
    Add another one to your list. They are not all spam sites. This is the site of internetbs dot net > www dot internet dot xyz
    Pretty sure the company (like that one) that sells that domain extension is exempt from the list of those who *bought* domains and use them for spam.

* Internetbs.net is on the exempt list

Pretty sure the company (like that one) that sells that domain extension is exempt from the list of those who *bought* domains and use them for spam.
    This list I was talking about is the list of those companies that do not use the xyz domain for SPAM. I like internetbs.net and have had a very positive experience with them.

Has Namecheap changed their stance on xyz? The last I heard, they had dropped their support for it. See this story.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

No, they still sell .xyz domains.

I just checked my account and you can purchase them for $1.99

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
    Has Namecheap changed their stance on xyz? The last I heard, they had dropped their support for it. See this story.
    You can renew .XYZ but not transfer in or register.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalProtection View Post
    No, they still sell .xyz domains.

I just checked my account and you can purchase them for $1.99
    Not here. I just checked my account and was unable to purchase a xyz domain.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
    Not here. I just checked my account and was unable to purchase a xyz domain.

It is as easy as ABC 123.

Here are the steps I can take to purchase a .xyz domain from internetbs dot net:

1. Find small field at the top that says "enter domain www."

2. Enter chosen name

3. search scroll down domain ending menu for .xyz domain

4. Click on availability check

5. If domain is available then purchase it for $1.99

Example of one I just checked. It says: cyhgstckd.xyz available $1.99

<<snipped>>
    Anyway yesterday i spoke with NC support and they confirmed that is not possible to register or transfer to NC .xyz domains. They didnt want to say what is the reason but for anyone who have .xyz with NC he will be able to renew as always and transfer from NC to other domain registrar, but thats it.
    Last edited by bear; 12-10-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    - I often come to the conclusion that my brain has too many tabs open. -
    Failing at desktop publishing & graphic design since 1994
    Pretty soon we can expect hosting companies offering "double unlimited"
    or
    "not limited unlimited with no limits".

Anyone has any problem with namecheap?

Seems like they lost the rights to that extension. Not terribly surprised, it's likely that it was too expensive too keep up
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast