hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : People Getting Mad Cause of $$$

Forum Jump

People Getting Mad Cause of $$$

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2003, 12:00 AM
WebHostingTalk Lover

Angry

People Getting Mad Cause of $$$

Hey guys, i just keep getting customers asking me if money order is allowed, and i say sorry but we only offer payments through paypal at the time, heres a example convo,

[23:57;PM;06;23;2003] CirtexHosting.com: hi
[23:57;PM;06;23;2003] CirtexHosting.com: how may i help you
[23:57;PM;06;23;2003] ~ίLiTz88~ -> Ich Liebe Dich Michelle, Mein Engel Von Oben! Konigin Meines Herzens!: can you accept money orders yet?
[23:57;PM;06;23;2003] CirtexHosting.com: sorry i cant do that
[23:57;PM;06;23;2003] ~ίLiTz88~ -> Ich Liebe Dich Michelle, Mein Engel Von Oben! Konigin Meines Herzens!: why not?
[23:58;PM;06;23;2003] CirtexHosting.com: Sorry we might in the future
[23:58;PM;06;23;2003] CirtexHosting.com: have to go sleep, its 12 here, ttyl Leave a msesage or email me
[23:58;PM;06;23;2003] ~ίLiTz88~ -> Ich Liebe Dich Michelle, Mein Engel Von Oben! Konigin Meines Herzens!: *sighs
[23:58;PM;06;23;2003] ~ίLiTz88~ -> Ich Liebe Dich Michelle, Mein Engel Von Oben! Konigin Meines Herzens!: man...
[23:58;PM;06;23;2003] ~ίLiTz88~ -> Ich Liebe Dich Michelle, Mein Engel Von Oben! Konigin Meines Herzens!: you know what, **** YOU!!!!
[23:59;PM;06;23;2003] CirtexHosting.com: i'm very sorry, but we'll accept them soon, currently we only use paypal.com

And then the person blocked me on MSN...

█• We transfer your sites over quickly! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Web Hosting Master

Why can't you accept money orders?

Old 06-24-2003, 12:10 AM
Web Hosting Master

Setup a PO box if nothing else.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I personally would be glad if I were you. Would you really want to have to support such a rude individual? I know I wouldn't

Old 06-24-2003, 01:22 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Why can't you accept money orders?
Too much hassle maybe? When you accept MO and start getting quite a few money orders a month then it would become an administrative burden IMO. Think about all the extra work needed when you have to keep track of all the money orders on top of everything else,

I personally prefer only recurring monthly credit card payments; it's automatic (unless it fails), you have the real contact information of the customer (they could signup using a money order, give you false information and then start DoSing or hacking your server) and you don't have to cash tens of money orders every months (some banks in some countries charge a fee for each money orders cashed too).

Old 06-24-2003, 01:26 AM
Web Hosting Master

We accept money orders if it's a 12 month pre-pay only. Makes it easy

Old 06-24-2003, 02:48 AM
Junior Guru

Are you sure that
Quote:
you know what, **** YOU!!!!
is from the Money Order issue, or your communication skills?
Quote:
...have to go sleep, its 12 here...
If you have to go to bed in the middle of an "inquiry" conversation, what's the point (with dealing with you)? You could have just restated that you don't accept MO, without being offensive.

Old 06-24-2003, 04:21 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally posted by tn3

If you have to go to bed in the middle of an "inquiry" conversation, what's the point (with dealing with you)? You could have just restated that you don't accept MO, without being offensive.
Completely agree. By showing a bit of professionalism, it would have not rendered the outcome.

Old 06-24-2003, 04:27 AM
Corporate Member

I was shocked that in mid conversation you told your potential client you were leaving for bed!!

UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Disabled

I agree.. in the middle of the conversation you tell them you have to go to sleep and to to talk to them later or leave a message?! I would have blocked you too, wouldn't want to do business with someone who tells me to leave a message in the middle of our conversation.

Also, if you invest in a billing system (like Modernbill), it will take care of all the business for you. When someone wants to pay with a check/money order, it places their account in "pending" mode, once the check/money order has been recieved (along with the confirmation email for verification), simply "enable" the account.

Customers should understand that accounts are not created until payment is recieved tho.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Older than the Internet

Quote:
Originally posted by UH-Matt
I was shocked that in mid conversation you told your potential client you were leaving for bed!!
It was honest, at least.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:06 AM
WebHostingTalk Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by tn3
Are you sure that

is from the Money Order issue, or your communication skills?

o, forgot to mention sorry, didnt mention it but this guy asked me few times before too for money orders and started cursing at me...

so i didnt really want to continue the conversation with him, and i went to bed 30 minutes after the conversation, come on we all need to sleep

Old 06-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Disabled

It doesnt matter how rude they are, you never lower yourself, your reputation and your company to their level. If you didn't want to speak to them, you should have simply said:

"I'm sorry, at the current moment we do not accept checks or money orders because of the amount of time it is required to handle those orders. In order to prevent problems with lost money orders, we ask that our clients pay with credit cards or paypal. We plan to accept checks and money orders in the near future."

If they started cursing or using profanity, all you needed to say was:

"I'm sorry if we have upset you, however, using such language isn't appropriate. And because of your selection of words, I'm sorry to have to cut this conversation short. Should you have any more questions or problems, please don't hestitate to drop us an email at support@yourdomain.com. Thank You."

..or something on the lines of that.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:58 AM
WebHostingTalk Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by VeroHost
It doesnt matter how rude they are, you never lower yourself, your reputation and your company to their level. If you didn't want to speak to them, you should have simply said:

"I'm sorry, at the current moment we do not accept checks or money orders because of the amount of time it is required to handle those orders. In order to prevent problems with lost money orders, we ask that our clients pay with credit cards or paypal. We plan to accept checks and money orders in the near future."

If they started cursing or using profanity, all you needed to say was:

"I'm sorry if we have upset you, however, using such language isn't appropriate. And because of your selection of words, I'm sorry to have to cut this conversation short. Should you have any more questions or problems, please don't hestitate to drop us an email at support@yourdomain.com. Thank You."

..or something on the lines of that.

very good idea, i'll type all that next time something of this sort happens

Old 06-24-2003, 10:14 AM
Web Hosting Master

so if you need to use the lavatory, you are going to say 'brb, i gtg p' ?

paul

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Crowdfunded NSA Video Calls for Action Against Government Spying Blog 2013-10-18 10:02:14
Communicating 21st-Century Hosting Terms to 20th-Century Clients Blog 2013-09-23 09:49:24
DreamHost CEO Talks Company Culture in NYT Interview Blog 2013-09-27 12:56:01
Web Hosting Jobs - New Hiring Methods for the New Year Blog 2012-12-13 12:08:55
10-14-2012 Roswell, NM - The Hosting Shift Blog 2012-10-24 15:14:40